Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello Friends and Happy Monday to you!! 

I hope you had a lovely summery weekend. In between some rainy times we had lovely weather here and got some fun in the sun. My kiddos spent a night at their friends' cabin and Hubby and I even had some quality one on one time. ;) I also ran some errands and got work done on some of my projects when it was rainy weather - yay for progress! Now on to this week ahead...





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It started out a bit rainy and foggy, but is looking up as I see bits of sun. It's supposed to hit about 80 today and be 70's most of the week. Chance of rain and storms mid week though.











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


english muffin with peanut butter & honey - vanilla iced coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Enjoying some peace and quiet. My daughter is off playing with some friends. Planning out the week ahead in my planner and looking further at my projects in progress.






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see sun really starting to shine now! Looking forward to a beautiful day!!







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty tidy. Some areas my kiddos need to pick up. I need to throw in more laundry yet. I have the dining room table taken over with one of my projects! ;) 








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Annie soccer practices and games. Going to go visit my MIL. Bring dinner to my FIL. Devotional time done for today and some exercise time. Will get in more workout later. Annie gets braces on this week and she's so nervous! Lol She's growing up too fast! A few other appts and errands this week. More work on a big project - will share more soon. 









CURRENTLY READING:


I'm interested to dive into some books by Susan Mallory my friend Carrie has recommended. I'm also intrigued by Louise Penney books after seeing info about her on the show Sunday Morning and may add her to my collection too. 







ON THE TV TODAY:


Grantchester, Food Network Star, British Baking Show, Big Brother, The Profit, America's Got Talent, other cooking shows











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover turkey sliders from the weekend, veggies, chips


TUESDAY: slow cooker BBQ ribs, pasta salad, corn on the cob, fruit salad, honeyed cornbread muffins



WEDNESDAY: breakfast for dinner?



THURSDAY: pasta, caesar salad, garlic bread (didn't make last week)


FRIDAY: any leftovers or maybe out for dinner? 

*treats this week for kiddos: multi layer jello squares and rice krispies bars with homemade chocolate frosting & sprinkles











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


nothing new - but will share yummy brownie recipe from last week later this week







TIP OF THE WEEK:


Get our FREE app ➡ https://goo.gl/LYntcz
Android: https://goo.gl/oD1y4j

But my Ruby could have told you that. ;) 










FROM THE CAMERA:
fruits of my container garden - so sweet and yummy!


some wild flowers from a Ruby walk and some herbs from my container garden



Ruby sticks out her tongue at you Monday!! ;) 














My handsome Grandpa. He was 6'4" - had naturally curly hair and the best laugh ever! He would have been 100 years old in August. I'm taking old war scrapbooks of his and preserving them into new pages in a new updated scrapbook for a family reunion later this summer. A true labor of love. 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for summer inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're leading a full and happy life. Glad you got some you time. I think your scrapbook project is so important. Have a wonderful week!
    Visiting from Happy Homemaker Monday!
    Blessings,
    Another Happy Homemaker
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh Carrie, I absolutely LOVE the old war scrapbooks you are preserving. I am a fan of old photographs and you have some amazing ones there, what a beautiful treasure to have.

    Your menu sounds so yummy, as always. Beautiful quote you included this week.

    Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!
    The photos!
    The scrapbook!
    What a labor of love indeed.
    Loving your days, my friend.
    And you snacks sound so good!
    Peyton is making chocolate chip cookies as we speak!
    Hugs, my bloggy buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are truly a treasure! It really is a labor of love.
    I love your flowers and your vases.
    I missed the British Baking Show this week because we had no power. I wonder if I can find it online? I'll have to check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them online Mari! If you go to pbs.com or .org - can't remember which or just type in search for "full episodes of great british baking show" and it should come up. I've watched them on my computer before. ;)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful project, Carrie! The photos are such a treasure - your Grandfather has movie-star good looks, that's for sure! Sounds like you are enjoying these beautiful summer days and so are the kiddos. Ruby looks pretty content, too :) Wildflower walks with my best friends are my favorite kind. Hope the rest of your week is filled with sweet blessings, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about pet ownership! I hope you are having a good week and enjoyed/will enjoy your visit to your MIL and that all is OK, I think of you both often. Hope Annie gets on alright with her braces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! That scrapbook...that is so amazing.
    Ruby is so adorable.
    And I love that quote. I need a framed copy!!
    Happy Wednesday!!! <3

    ReplyDelete