Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello and Happy Monday Friends! Sorry I've been a bit MIA over the past week. Life has been taking over again. We weren't able to get to our July 4th gathering over the past weekend, but we still had a nice weekend accomplishing some tasks around the house, getting out to enjoy the beautiful weather, and even some "date" time for me and hubby. ;) We are planning on July 4th fun tomorrow and getting together with friends. Hope you had a lovely weekend, and those that celebrate, will have a safe and fun day tomorrow! On to the week ahead.




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Beautiful sunny day today and pure blue skies. Low 70's. Looks like around the same for tomorrow for the 4th - yay! And then some chances of hotter weather the rest of the week with maybe a couple of stormy/rainy days. 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


A toaster pastry and some coffee. 







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Working on my calendar, looking out at the beautiful day out my office window. Listening to my daughter in the other room watch some tv and making herself a snack before soccer practice pretty soon.







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Nothing but blue skies. Our driveway and yard is all nice and neat from hubby mowing and leaf blowing over the weekend. 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty clean. Still a couple jobs to do to get ready for tomorrow. Nice to see my July 4th decorations out. ;) 








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Soccer practice for Annie. A soccer game, although I don't think she has hockey this week. Need to pick up a few groceries before tomorrow. Got devotional time in, but still need to get in a workout. I hit the 30 pounds down mark folks! I fluctuate between 28 to 30#, but at least I hit that number! And I'm still shooting for 50 total. ;) Also visit my MIL later in the week. 









CURRENTLY READING:


Finishing up the book I've been re-reading and have some all lined up to go next. Trying to get back to my books! 







ON THE TV TODAY:


Grantchester, Food Network Star, British Baking Show, Big Brother, The Profit, America's Got Talent, other cooking shows











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: sausage, egg and cheese breakfast pizza on hashbrown crust, fruit


TUESDAY: July4th!! Burgers and polish on the grill + fixings, corn on the cob, baked beans, chips, fruit, veggie tray, crab dip and crackers, rocky road brownies, s'mores on the fire pit



WEDNESDAY: leftovers



THURSDAY: rigatoni pasta, salad, garlic toast


FRIDAY: Chinese take out??












WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


Rocky road brownies







TIP OF THE WEEK:



Get our FREE Life Hacks app:
ios: https://goo.gl/LYntcz
Android: https://goo.gl/oD1y4j

This may be a helpful tip - but I also found it kind of hilarious. Our poochie likes to drink out of the toilet sometimes...I guess that might make it more enjoyable for her. :P













FROM THE CAMERA:




Loving all the summer beauty of my northwoods including walks with Ruby and picking wildflowers to go with my other flowers for in my kitchen window. ;) 













July 4th decorations are up - light up star garlands and all. And finally replaced the bad candles in my outdoor lanterns. Love the glow that comes on from the timers every night. 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Have a wonderfully blessed July 4th my Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a  SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



10 comments:

  1. Great post - I love your 4th of July decorations! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we look forward to the slower pace of summer and then it gets here and the pace isn't really all that much slower at all? Love all your photos and decorations. I put out my garden flag but that's about it. Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy food for the week ~ your dinner tonight sounds amazing!!! Love all your photos!! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of normal. Enjoy your weather. I'm driving to my brother and sister-in-law's house (about an hour) and strong winds and rain expected. Maybe some flooding. Guess I'll take the main highway.

    Have a great 4th and we WILL be expecting photos. Love to you and yours, Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm watching the British Baking show too, and also America's got talent - enjoy them both!
    Blue skies are wonderful, we have them too!
    Enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Independence Day Carrie. Love your pics, as ever, particularly the sweet yellow/purple pansies. I have never seen that colour combination here, very nice. Sweet to have a bunny in the garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures! And that breakfast pizza sounds fun!! And Rocky Road Brownies...Yum!!! Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Fourth!!!
    And I am watching Big Brother tooo!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO SORRY I'M SO LATE THIS WEEK!! It looks like you had a super week full of family and fun! Glad you had such a great week. :D See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete