Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello and Happy Monday afternoon Friends! 

Sorry I'm a bit late with this post today. Just the way life goes sometimes. I hope you had a great weekend. It was a lovely one here filled with good weather, accomplishing some tasks, visiting my hubby's new office building, and going for a fun girlie afternoon and movie with my Annie. Now here's what is happening this week...





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It was sunny and beautiful - low 70's with a bit of a breeze. As the day has gone on it's now getting cloudy and they are issuing a thunderstorm alert for this evening! Looks like 70's and 80's most of the week with maybe some more rain thrown in











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


1/2 of an onion bagel with butter and some iced coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to some music and my daughter and her friend in the other room. My son is just getting home from work. He's been such a good boy working full time for my hubby this summer. 

He helps with mowing and trimming at their properties and rentals. (my hubby is a real estate developer and owns a lot of the senior and subsidized properties in our town, as well as a real estate company and window business). My Hubby is the "brains" behind the operations and handles the paperwork and is CFO. There is another partner that many handles the window business and my BIL is a partner and handles the work crews and the rental properties and buys run down homes in our area and fixes them up. My son has primarily been working crews with him to help clean out rental buildings and related jobs too. 






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see the clouds rolling in. I hope to get Ruby out for a walk before the weather really starts up.







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


I did quite a bit over the weekend and also several jobs today so overall pretty tidy. I still have my scrapbook project taking over the dining room table though ;) 








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

A lot of the usuals - errands, a few groceries, visit MIL, I have brought several meals for my FIL lately too. I will continue to work on my scrapbook project this week and hope to get it done by next week. Ruby gets a haircut this week. Annie has soccer practices and big tourney coming up this weekend. Daily devotional and exercise time and basic things around the house. 









CURRENTLY READING:


I'm interested to dive into some books by Susan Mallory my friend Carrie has recommended. I'm also intrigued by Louise Penney books after seeing info about her on the show Sunday Morning and may add her to my collection too. (haven't done this yet - but I will be more likely to do so once the scrapping project is done)







ON THE TV TODAY:


Next Food Network Star, Great British Bake Off, Big Brother, Game of Thrones starting again! Hubby and I have been watching a new series on Discovery called Harley and the Davidsons. It's really interesting because it takes place back in the early turn of the century and is like watching a fun period movie in a way. Love the clothes and homes too. 











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover tacos


TUESDAY: breakfast pizza, banana bread, fruit



WEDNESDAY: Grilled teriyaki chicken, mandarin orange and spinach pasta salad, corn on the cob, melon



THURSDAY: chicken, broccoli & cheddar crescent sandwiches, chips, veggie tray with honey mustard and ranch sauces on the side for all


FRIDAY: not sure as big soccer tourney starting - out for dinner?












WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


the mandarin orange spinach salad (+dressing) is new - I've been having fun finding new recipes on pinterest







TIP OF THE WEEK:


Get our FREE app ➡ IOS: https://goo.gl/LYntcz
➡ ANDROID: https://goo.gl/oD1y4j


We actually only have shower doors - but I wonder if it's true? 











FROM THE CAMERA:




My Hubby's new office building he had built is most of the way complete. Some touches yet though - like behind the front desk above will be their company logo lit up










The photos above were all of the front lobby area





I love that my Hubby designed everything with copper accents like the ceilings in certain areas and including the bathroom stalls he had their carpenter hand make. 






My Hubby's office with some of his crazy cookie jar collection



Love the floor to ceiling windows in his office with a view ;) 









Since Hubby had work to do at the new building Annie and I decided to go see the Minions movie yesterday. We had time to kill so we went to a play park close by the theater for a while. Fun date with my Girl! 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for family love inspirational quotes


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Great quote! Your menu sounds super yummy this week. We're having tacos tonight as well (though I have to make ours). Loved all the photos of the building. Great windows! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ALL your photos! Great tour. Your quote is perfect too!

    I like Susan Mallory too, I think you'll enjoy her books. I'm going to check out Harley and the Davidsons. Shows are so hard to find and keep track of with the way it's all done these days... cable. Netflix, primetime...

    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote, Carrie, and how fitting for unveiling your hubby's new office! It looks wonderful and don't you just love when things are brand-spanking new? It's so great that your son is working so hard and building up his work ethic at a young age for his future success. Glad you got to spend the day having fun with Annie, too. Summer is flying by too fast. Sending hugs and blessings for your week, my friend. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos today, Carrie...
    And great tips and ideas as well.
    I never knew the shower curtain tip!!!
    Have a great week...
    Hope you get a cozy storm or two. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I want you to know I just added you to my blog friends list on my blog.
    Second, I looked up Harley and the Davidsons. Isn't it interesting that we know turn-of-the-century means early 1900's? Our kids will no doubt think of it as early 2000's. ~smile~

    Your husband's building is flat beautiful! He should be so proud. It will be a joy to work and visit in a place like that.

    Your Annie looks like she's a healthy happy girl. You're blessed dearie!

    I'll be back....
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you are! Strangest thing Carrie....I haven't been getting your posts, so I thought I'd stop by anyway and lol and behold! I'm gonna check my spam.

    You're a great mom my friend. Both your children are happy, thoughtful people with good work ethics. It's not that common these days!

    Love the building, btw.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure where in the northwoods you are, but my second home and heart resides in northern Minnesota. Have visited there many, many times over the years since I was seven (I'll be 56 next month). You have a very nice blog and it's nice to "meet" you! Have a blessed rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete