Thursday, August 4, 2016

Cinnamon Crunchy Banana Bread

Hello Friends!  


I love banana bread...how about you?  I make it often as only certain members of this family like bananas - so there is often a few that get too ripe too soon. I sometimes freeze them to save for other recipes, but most of the time I quickly whip up a loaf of banana bread.  It comes together so quickly, I always have the ingredients on hand, and it's great as a snack or as breakfast. Or even sometimes dessert as I like to add chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips, or BOTH when I make it!! Lol 




Well the other day I had the over ripe bananas sitting there, but wanted to make something a little different. So I used my usual recipe for banana bread out of an old favorite cookbook I've had forever:


And here is the recipe I usually follow and the only changes I make is that I often don't add chopped nuts and I don't add the lemon peel, but I do throw in a little vanilla...and of course chocolate/butterscotch chips!




But then I also used the cinnamon crunchy topping from this recipe off of my pinterest board "breads".  This sounded like a good total banana bread recipe too, but I didn't have any quick cooking oats handy.  Also, the recipe called for only putting in 1/2 the batter, then adding some crunchy topping, then adding the rest of the batter and finally the final topping and swirling it a bit. Well I forgot and poured all of my batter in...so I just added all of the topping on top and swirled it in a bit. It was SO good and a big hit with my family! 

That cinnamon crunchy topping really gives it great texture and it is just sooo yummy! I just needed to share. ;) (sorry Doreen - Lol!) 

Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. I love banana bread too, and also save and freeze overripe bananas. Always there when you need a quick loaf. I love this variation and can't wait to try it. Recently I found a chocolate/banana bread variation which we have enjoyed - but with only two of us, we must be careful of the calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is bizarre. I was JUST sitting at the computer searching pinterest for 'recipes for overripe bananas'. I actually came across one that I'm going to do tonight. It's crock pot steel cut oatmeal with bananas. I love that it's healthy and everything is done in one bowl, but serious Carrie, I'm loving this too! That topping looks AH-MAZ-ING!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious!!!

    We like banana bread too. I always make the one from an old church cookbook.
    I should put mini chips in it, because chocolate really goes well with bananas.
    Margot

    ReplyDelete