Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday again my Friends! 


It's a busy one here in my northwoods. We had a very fun final SUMMER hockey tourney out-of-town over the weekend. So I feel like I'm playing catch up in my home from being gone for that - and I'm also busy getting things ready for my kiddos to begin school mid this week! It's a big orientation day today for my Annie who will be attending a new school this year. She's nervous but excited. And it will be so nice for me to have both of my kiddos at the same school this year! ;) My life will start slowing down later in the week and I look forward to finally truly catching up with everyone then. I hope I haven't missed a lot of good stuff!!  But it's been so good for me to be more in the moment with my kiddos during these final weeks before school.




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Cloudy and kind of muggy. There was a good thunder and lightening storm going on in the wee hours this morning. It looks like it could rain again. I think temps are supposed to get up in the 70's and maybe even reach low 80's if the clouds clear out. 










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:



Coffee and a yummy caramel pecan roll from ones we picked up at a bakery that's famous for them on our way back home yesterday. Yummy!!






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Cloudy, and the driveway, grass, plants and flowers are still wet.






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Talking back and forth with my daughter a bit while I'm trying to focus on this. She has been getting herself more nervous by looking at her new school schedule and getting her backpack and supplies together. I think there's some nervous excitement in there too. ;) 






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual tidying up from being gone on a trip. I already have laundry going. 












ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Laundry going. Need to pick up a bit more. Making lists for the week. I also need to run and grab a few more groceries for our tea party tomorrow! We didn't get a chance to do it last week so tomorrow it is! My son's soccer later and then orientation night.












CURRENTLY READING:

Finally finishing the Elin Hilderbrand book I started reading several weeks ago. Another reason blessed school will change things in my life. (**still reading this one and a few more new magazines that have come)






ON THE TV TODAY:

I know I have some cooking shows taped. Caught up on Big Brother. I have some movies taped as well.






ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: we eat at the orientation


TUESDAY: fun tea party in the afternoon! Easy dinner due to both kiddos have soccer games


WEDNESDAY: BBQ meatballs, cheesy potatoes, veggie dish


THURSDAY: not sure yet - maybe leftovers or breakfast for dinner (more soccer)



FRIDAY: might be out to dinner belated for my Dad's birthday










WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

This is the final week getting kiddos back to school then I can have more fun in this dept! I have such fun ideas and posts coming up, that I can't wait to share with all of you!! I can't wait to get to make more of a "schedule" for myself here too.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

fun ideas with the "tea"- so stay tuned for future post




TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

This is good for me to know, as I'm getting more to that age where I swear I'm always looking for something. Lol! Or I walk in to a room and wonder what I was going in there to get or do. Anyone else with me here? :P




FROM THE CAMERA:








First, this proud Mama needs to share this moment from one of the games this weekend where my Annie took the puck...skated it in...shot and scored a GOOOAAALL!!! I caught the goal on camera, but missed the shot of my daughter raising her arm in victory after she scored. Then the announcers announced her name (they always get our last name wrong Lol) and her teammates rushed on her to congratulate her.  Her U10 team took 3rd place in the tourney. Not too bad. 






Those on instagram saw that last week I began to dabble a bit more in comfort food recently. Here it was cornbread muffins that were brushed with whipped honey butter when they came out of the oven and a "semi" homemade chicken soup.






I keep getting signs summer is ending. The last lily to bloom and once it goes they're all gone until next year. :(  I've been walking and playing ball outside with Ruby more when I know these summer days are preciously fleeting now.








Speaking of walks - I've been seeing more of this out there. Here's a tree close to our home that has already decided it's time to change into it's Autumn finery. Soon I won't see anymore buttercups, black eyed susans, and queen Anne's lace. It will be time for fiery colors, leaves crunching beneath my feet and the fuzzy cattails (or pussy willows) sprouting down by our dock. It's coming on thankfully slow...but the changes have begun my Friends. 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for back to school inspiration

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to to ANNIE! I bet she's still flying high from that goal!

    That chicken soup and muffins look FANTASTIC! I'd like to reach through the screen and snag a bite.

    That tip is so right on. I just used it and it works really well!!

    Have a great last week with the kiddos before they go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter on her hockey goal! I hope her back to school jitters subside and she and your son both have wonderful school years. Lucky you having both in the same school! I had that for 2 blissful elementary years but it is separate schools for us the rest of the way. I really need to get back on Instagram and check things out again. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember what it felt like before beginning at a new school. It's exciting, but a little nerve wracking too. But the nerves disappeared the second I arrived and saw my friends :).

    Congrats to Annie for her big score! That's so important to build confidence, and I'm sure she felt so proud (as did you)!

    I am not sure if it's because of the dry summer that we've had, but it's predicted our Autumn, which is usually spectacular here in New England, won't be that great this year. The leaves will just dry up and fall. I wonder if that's what is happening in your neck of the woods? Isn't it a bit early for the leaves to be turning?

    You inspired me to bake today. Not sure if I should thank you or slap you upside your head. ;). I'll post it to IG.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Annie! I hope school goes well for her.
    You're making me hungry with those pictures.
    I'm still not ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your daughter! and that photo with the leaves Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of this Monday thing. Happy you've had a good week. I, too, am thinking autumn, as you'll see from my table on this week's post.

    Was this a happy ending to hockey season, or does it continue after school starts? I noticed that you have another game this week. I applaud all you hockey-Little League-soccer-Pop Warner football moms. My son just didn't care for sports, so I escaped all the driving around and sitting in stands. I know some parents enjoy it, but guess the acorn didn't fall far from the tree, because I just don't care for sports of any kind (active or spectator) except St. Louis Cardinals Baseball. I'm a very boring person.

    Hope you'll be caught up enough to join Five on Friday. I've really missed everyone during August.

    Looking forward to photos of the tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie, I am in awe of the way you plan and organise your week - no wonder you achieve so much! You are experiencing the end of Summer as our Winter also draws to a close, and Spring is in the air. Those cornbread muffins look good - we rarely see cornbread here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big high five to Annie on her goal!! So exciting when it's OUR kids scoring for the team ;) You sound very busy with the beginning of school and the sports. I'm still in summertime mode with the never-ending heat (not complaining!). My son starts college next week, the day after he comes home from his summer away. It's going to be a huge transition for him after living the northern woods. Enjoy the rest of your week, and good luck to your kids in their new school year!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I so agree with that quote! Congrats to Annie - so exciting! I think that I want to come over for dinner Wednesday night :) It's good that the kiddos are going to the same school now. Maybe you will get a little break in all the car-time. The trees are wanting to turn here, too, and falling on the ground. I can smell the apple pie already.....Have a nice week, my friend - hope all goes well with the start to school. xx K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that chicken noodle soup looks so delicious! Hunger pains struck my stomach the moment I saw it...not a good thing at this late hour! Hope Annie likes her new school; congrats to her on scoring the goal. The pecan roll sounds delicious as well (oh, I am getting scatterbrained talking about food here...forgive me!). Scanning from right to left when looking for something sounds like an interesting idea. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete