Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday and Happy August my Friends!


Can you believe it's August already? Where is this summer going? It feels like it's been warp speed since the 4th of July. But we have many fun things going on in August and plan on soaking this final month of summer up for all it's worth. ;) We had a wonderful weekend of some fun family time, but for me extra special girlfriend gathering time. More on that later. On to the week ahead...




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Low 70's now and only into the upper 70's today. Blue skies and loveliness! But tomorrow is looking hotter, more humid and chance of thunderstorms. Looks like an up and down week like that ahead. 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A little piece of leftover breakfast pizza from yesterday and a cup of coffee.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm actually outside this AM!! It's so lovely out with a nice a breeze - so Ruby and I are lounging on the deck as I type this up at my patio table. I need to bottle these moments and remember them for when it's 20 below zero and tons of snow! Lol






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to the wind in the trees and the birds singing away. Just quiet and peaceful. I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful area. 






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Jobs to be done - ususals. Leftover dishes there wasn't room to load last night. Throw in some laundry. Just tidy up the clutter a bit. Overall still loving my summer decorations and reminding myself we still have some lovely lazy days of summer ahead. The last few nights it's gotten a tiny bit of a chill to the air when it's gets later and the sun goes down. Makes my mind rush ahead - before it really should. So going to enjoy every last bit of summer yet!













ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Cleaning jobs I mentioned. Some hockey runs for kids and need to run a few errands. I think I may bake a cherry pie for dessert tonight. I have the stuff for it and August makes me think of my teenager as it's his birth month...and cherry pie happens to be one of his faves. 









CURRENTLY READING:

I've started a book and still also catching up on magazines. (nothing new here)






ON THE TV TODAY:

I caught up on the Great British Baking Show and I have some other cooking shows taped. I haven't really looked at what other series shows we all watch to catch up on.

 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: penne pasta bake, garlic dinner rolls, garden salad, maybe pie for dessert ;) 


TUESDAY: need groceries - thinking something easy as it's my daughter's soccer game...maybe sandwich roll-ups?


WEDNESDAY: out with a friend to dinner


THURSDAY: maybe grilling - lots of sports ahead this weekend so not around as much



FRIDAY: sports tourney night - not sure







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I've been having fun working on a new project I will share in the future






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing  new this week...although I did bake a banana bread with a cinnamon crunchy top this weekend that was so yummy!!!




TIP OF THE WEEK:


For some reason I just find this adorable. ;) 




FROM THE CAMERA:



Some views of the back of our home that faces that lake - from the bottom of our "island".  If I could give our hill and house a hug I would! There's no place like home, right? I love that all of the lilies are out like crazy now.






My view this AM and where I'm typing this from ;) 




Ruby among the lilies.


Cinnamon crunchy banana bread.



One of my very best friends in the whole world came for a visit from California this past week. I was able to spend lots of wonderful time with her. We have been besties since we grew up across the street from each other - basically our whole lives. She was maid of honor at my wedding and I matron of honor at hers. We share a love of Anne of Green Gables, old movies, John Hughes movies, sunsets, wildflowers, and just memories shared that included boys, talking on the phone endlessly and tons of giggles. And the hard stuff too - both of our parents' divorces, deaths in the family etc. The other gals we have both been friends with since grade school and one since high school. They were all in my wedding and we make efforts to stay connected and have been tight friends for at least 30 years! I love them so much and don't know what I would do without them.  Below is a photo of them at our Christmasy wedding - love this one of them around my hubby. Lol....


21 years ago already. Where does the time go?? ::sigh::




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



6 comments:

  1. Your home is so lovely Carrie! I think I saw that shot on IG and my jaw dropped. Not just your home, which in itself is enviable, but the setting. Just perfect!

    You are so very blessed to have these friends in your life after all these years, but I'm sure you know that. :). Time with good friends is a LOT cheaper (and more fun) than therapy any day. I was looking at the photos and just for fun was trying to see who was who from 21 years ago. I think I got it right lol.

    (I have a weakness for cinnamon bread, so I'm glad you didn't post the recipe. hehe)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that inspiration quote, Carrie! So fun to have all your girlfriends gathered around and I love that you have known each other since you were young. I can just imagine the love and laughter around that table :) Your Home is so lovely, especially this time of year with all the flowers blooming everywhere. I know what you mean about savoring every moment of summer.....I am sitting outside right now, too, just enjoying the warm air and fresh summer scents. Time does pass quickly.....Enjoy the beautiful day. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your inspiration today! So so true.

    I also LOVE the photos of your house and surroundings - just so inviting!

    Looks like you had a great time visiting with friends. Sometimes there is just nothing like OLD friends who have known you forever.

    I need to get caught up on the British Baking Show - I think I have 2 more to get there.

    Have a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that picture! Can I make the Cinnamon Crunch bread without bananas? (I'm deathly allergic).
    What magazines do you read?
    Have an awesome week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Happy August indeed! The pictures of your home look stunning, Carrie, I wish I could come and join you on that deck :-)
    How nice to get together with your girlfriends, what were you all drinking? Looks very refreshing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie, I love your new layout such beautiful flowers. You have a lovely home,and How fun to get to spend time with your friends. I cant wait till I can go back to spending my mornings outside. the sounds you described are my favorite thing about being outside alone and just taking it all in. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete