Monday, August 8, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday! 


I'm getting to this post a bit late, but still wanted to say hello and share good wishes on the week ahead! It was busy long weekend as we were gone for my daughter's hockey tourney from Thursday through last night. So today I have been playing catch up with my house, running errands, and getting my son to his soccer. Sports and more sports - such is life right now! However, one day it will be really quiet around here and I'll say I miss all this crazy...so trying to enjoy these moments too. The hockey weekend was busy as my hubby was busy  needed coaching another hockey team as well as my daughter's! But  it was a fun  weekend too. We got in some fun time with friends and parents on the team, Annie had fun with her friends - especially on the water slide in the hotel pool, and her team took 2nd place in the tourney! Not bad at all. ;) 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It was a lovely day today in the upper 70's. Blue skies and fluffy white clouds when I was out running errands. Cooling down a little now. It's been getting chilly some nights already! In the early AM today, when my Mom was up with her puppy, she said it was only in the upper 40's!! Yes... I mean like 48 degrees F!!  It's where I live folks - in the true NORTHwoods.












ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

I think I had 1/2 of a bagel if I remember correctly and a cup of coffee.




  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm in my office this early evening hour. I see Ruby running around in our front driveway. She likes to be out there late in the day and watch for my hubby to drive up at the end of the work day. 






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to the George Ezra pandora station and working on my schedule for the week and the grocery list. We have several soccer games to watch this week and Ruby has a vet appointment. I need to do some cooking for my in-law's...as I've been more relaxed lately this summer.  Things are stable in that world - as I know some of you have asked about updates on my MIL. I'll do a full post about her soon.






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

More tidy now that I worked on cleaning up from being gone all weekend. My daughter has been playing with her friends - so some of their clutter around. We have some relatives coming to visit this next weekend so I need to do a bit more deep cleaning everywhere this week!













ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I accomplished most of what I had planned on my list today. I'm still trying to decide if I want to tackle groceries soon? Or a different day this week. 










CURRENTLY READING:

I've been all over the place here - and I've even picked up my first ::gasp:: "Fall" magazine! I have dabbled folks, I"m not gonna lie. I have had little moments of thinking of Fall and I was in a Michael's store over the tourney weekend and picked up a few Fall items!! But I promise I'm still mostly invested in summer yet and enjoying every moment I'm able! It's just that where I live - August is usually "pre-Fall". I even saw my first full geese formation "fly-over" above our house a few days ago!






ON THE TV TODAY:

I have no idea what I have taped and yet to watch. We have been watching the Olympics, though, whenever we get a chance!!





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: no idea honestly. Going to raid the fridge & cabinets & come up with something


TUESDAY: maybe tacos (haven't made for my FIL in a while & he loves)


WEDNESDAY: taco salad and leftovers


THURSDAY: something easy to have after soccer?



FRIDAY: grilling burgers & chili lime chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, green salad







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Several things in the works or planned! I need school to start and not have to spend so much time being a chauffeur and dealing with kiddo activities!! Lol






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure yet 




TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

I know if we have some of the paint leftover, my hubby has often painted a little swipe of the color on the lid for easier spotting that can too.




FROM THE CAMERA:

My hockey Girl's big weekend:





























PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you found time to post today after such a busy weekend! Love your photos. We've been watching the Olympics as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whuuut? You're buying Fall stuff? That's all the permission I need, pumpkins and scarecrows here I come!
    Have a great week, sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG -your daughters hokey team did amazing. I couldn't help but laugh reading how you dabbled in fall, I cant wait and I don't blame you, your weather sounds beautiful. Still too hot here but I am counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been watching little snippets of the Olympics as well. And, I'm sneakily adding fall items here and there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Carrie. These busy times will be gone before you know it. In some ways it's wonderful to have time to do things you love, but there will most surely be times you'll miss when they were young.

    Annie looks so cute, and that water slide looks like so much fun. I love that kind of stuff! lol

    I've been watching some of the Olympics, but not too much. I prefer the Winter Olympics, specifically skating :).

    August is definitely the time of year when you can sense Autumn is on its way. Sometimes even the air smells different. I'm not ready!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your inspirational quote today - fits so well with the hockey weekend pictures! I've bee taping all the Olympics so I can watch the parts I'm partial too and skip all the commercials.

    LOL I remember snow in July one year. When we lived in the northwoods I ALWAYShad a jacket and closed toed shoes in my trunk. You just never knew when the weather might change. Honestly fall CANNOT come FAST enough for me.

    Have a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete