Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello Dear Friends! 

I know I'm getting to this a bit late today - but I still wanted to say hi. We had a busy weekend with both of our kiddos in soccer tourneys. Unfortunately it wasn't the warmest weather here in the northwoods and we got rained on a bit too. My Hubby now has a sore throat and cold and I'm afraid I may be next! But we did have a nice date night out for dinner together one night when our daughter was at a sleepover. And we watched some movies at home for some down time. Our Aaron even came to watch one of Annie's games and then we all went out for pizza after. Nice family time. Hope you had a great weekend and are jumping into the week already! 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Cloudy and sunny with some rain on and off. Low 70's and lovely when the sun is out. Looks like it will be mid 70's tomorrow then more rain Wednesday and 60's for the rest of the week.










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Honey nut chex cereal and iced coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to some Celtic music and getting ready to do one more load of laundry.








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Later in the day then when I usually do this so it's different lighting then usual in my office. Kind of cloudy right now but I see patches of blue sky. Watching out the driveway for my Hubby to be home from work soon.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty clean as I tidied up earlier today when I did some other home things. I had to take my daughter to soccer practice earlier too. My son is now done with his soccer and working full time for my Hubby. He's happy to be making some big bucks! ;) 









ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

A lot of the usual stuff. Annie has some soccer practices, 2 games this week and hockey practice. I went and got some groceries this past weekend but later in the week I'll have to go pick up some things I'll be making for the July 4th party on Saturday with some family and friends. Some other errands to run  this week too. Visit my MIL. I made dinner for my FIL for tonight.  Ruby has a vet appointment and I'll be getting a hair trim and color touch up as well. If it's going to be rainy I'm hoping to work on more of the projects I've been neglecting around here. Including some things to finish for the Etsy store I promise I haven't forgotten about too! The curve ball life threw a few months ago shook some things up, but getting slowly back on track. 









CURRENTLY READING:


Catching up on some newspapers and magazines. I have started a book that I read in the past but felt like re-reading.








ON THE TV TODAY:


Catching up on some old episodes of Timeless that I never finished actually! The Profit, Grantchester, Food Network Star, and Big Brother starts this week too! Total guilty pleasure tv time! Lol











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:Tacos (left over from weekend)


TUESDAY: Homemade cream puff buns for chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, chips and cherry hand pies - going to bring some to my Mom too as some of her faves



WEDNESDAY: probably leftovers



THURSDAY: slow cooker BBQ pineapple meatballs, baked potatoes, veggies


FRIDAY: maybe out for dinner or something easy? 


*For the July 4th party I may be making homemade mac & cheese bites and homemade salsa and chips to contribute. Also some junk food brownies and maybe strawberry cheesecake bites.











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


Several new ones - the cream puffs (my Mom used to make something similar), the BBQ pineapple meatballs and the junk food brownies for the weekend (think brownies with crushed up potato chips, pretzels and caramel on top!)




TIP OF THE WEEK:

Like the blog? Check out our book: https://goo.gl/tl5xre

I've never heard of this before? I always have chapstick handy though - so good to know!










FROM THE CAMERA:
My Hubby fixed up a nice little zip line kind of run for my Mom's dog Angel this past weekend. She's been just loving it!! 



I've been enjoying this coffee artwork Annie painted at her art camp again this summer in my kitchen. ;)  Not like a really need a reminder to have my coffee in the morning #canyoussayzombie






More fairy love around here - sweet little boy and his puppy



A frog (or secret prince) in the pond. 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for never knew your own strength quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Annie is talented! I really like her painting.
    I'm going to try the chapstick tip next time I get a papercut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple meatballs sound yummy! The coffee painting is so cute - Annie really has an artistic soul. I have 'orb' fairies in my garden, too :) Your Mom's dog is cute. Love the inspirational quote this week. Hope you don't catch that cold. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good week. Love Annie's painting and her fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the coffee painting, Annie is definitely talented :) LOVE the fairy garden, I just started mine and have to add to it, but I'll do that slowly.

    Hope you're having a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie is talented, great painting! Love all the little fairies as well. Hope everyone stayed healthy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was without internet for 2 days when some idiot pulling in the new AT&T line cut the ENTIRE neighborhood off from ALL service. It will take me a while to catch up with everyone.

    I absolutely ADORE your inspiration this week - a BIG AMEN! Nice life hack too!

    Glad your having a fun and busy summer with the kiddos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel looks like a little angel. Does Ruby love to play with her?

    You're so busy, busy, busy. Sometimes I wonder if you ever get any "Me" time. You really need to be nice to yourself once in awhile. Your family is important, but so are you. Just saying.

    Hope you avoided the cold. No fun being sick when you're busy.

    Would love to hear the results of the pineapple meatballs.

    Love to you and yours and kudos to Annie for a great painting, Patsy

    ReplyDelete