Happy Monday to you Friends
Is your week off to a good start? The sun is shining here today which always puts a spring in my step. ☀️
It was a fast and fun weekend in my world. Annie was asked to play in a kind of all stars hockey tourney a few hours away - with other gals that were top ranked players around MN. Matt and I went down to watch on Saturday and spent the whole day there. We went to her early game. And then went out to eat with her and the family friends she was staying down there with for the weekend. We had time to kill before her 2nd game, so Matt and I went and donated to the local economy and had a lot of fun doing some shopping. Some things that were on our list and some that weren't. :) And then we watched her evening game before heading home. Her team won both games we watched, and in fact won all of their games this weekend and took home first for the whole tourney! Pretty cool 🏅
On the way home Matt & I were belting out tunes in the car. Lol It was great! I love that he loves music and loves to sing as much as I do. He's pretty amazing at harmonizing too, I gotta say. He's just my bestie in the whole world and we always have a blast whatever we do together. ❤️
And it's awesome because he doesn't need glasses anymore! He got one eye all fixed - and is wearing a contact in his other until he has that surgery later this month. I think he feels like he has a whole new lease on life having better vision! Modern medicine sure is amazing sometimes, isn't it?
Now to dive into the week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
chex cereal, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands/groceries/post office, bringing things to my Mom & step Dad still sick, projects, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
The fact that it's March already and we spring forward the clocks this weekend! Also, starting to make my lists for Easter and entertaining family here for that. 🐰🌸
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Looking bare as I've taken down the Valentines and snowmen kinds of decorations that were up - and doing more cleaning before I get out all of my Spring/Easter things.
CURRENTLY READING
I switched the last book I was reading and instead decided to read Ready or Not by Cara Bastone
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, Shark Tank, Ghosts, LPBW, The Good Wife, The Rookie, The Good Doctor, Survivor
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - out for dinner per my daughter's request to go to the new restaurant in town as she hasn't been there yet (saving up all my calories today 😉)
TUESDAY - thawed out the last stuffed chicken from the freezer - this time cheddar broccoli, salad
WEDNESDAY - sloppy joes over healthier tater tots (potato puffs with garlic and black pepper), brussel sprouts side dish
THURSDAY - lasagna, roasted lemony broccoli w/ parm
FRIDAY - out for fish fry?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
walk Ruby, read, cross-stitch
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
All of this sunshine and no snow makes it already feel like Spring is here
When Matt & I were out shopping between Annie's games there was the prettiest sunset and Matt caught this pic for me :)
My girl was #8 in green for this special tourney and her bestie was #2
This series of 3 shots I caught of my girl on a break away. She, unfortunately, didn't score but it was a pretty awesome moment. 🤩
champs!
besties💗








