Happy Monday sunshine to you blogland Besties!
How was your weekend?
It was such a fun one here and felt like it flew by...but I think the time change "springing forward" always helps with that feeling too. Lol
We got asked to go to a local division 1 college hockey game by our friends the C's. Mr. C is in banking and gets box suite tickets to the games. It was so fun having such great seats, but also visiting with them and their daughter. Munching the nibbles provided. And watching an awesome game where our team came from behind - went into OT and WON! Great night!
We also did our usual errands and went to church on Saturday this weekend. Annie wanted to hang out with us and do some shopping and then we went out for sushi (a fave of the 3 of us). So we tried a place we had never gone before. It was small and so cute and had amazing food! Matt and I especially loved the wasabi wontons you dip in sweet chili sauce. Yummy! We also caught up on jeopardy episodes with Annie & her bf in FL (through facetime). And she and I did some prom dress shopping too. I can't believe it will be her senior prom soon! Hold me please 😢
The weather was mild this weekend, so we got out more of the deck furniture and the grill - yay!! We soaked up some sunbeams too. Today and tomorrow are both going to be unseasonably mild for where we live and I'm here for it!
We also put away the last of the greenery outside and got out the windchimes and I put out my spring wreath on the front door. A lovely true Spring weekend overall.
☺️🌸
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
part of a sourdough english muffin with some lighter whipped berry cream cheese, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
groceries, Matt's 2nd eye surgery, appointments, Annie's local all stars hockey game, projects, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Getting outside to walk in the gorgeous sunshine on this amazing weather day! ☀️
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Clean, bright, spring and Easter decorations up, sun streaming in, listening to beautiful violin music on pandora. Window is open and I can hear my windchime in the breeze now and then. This is the absolute earliest I can ever remember getting out the grill and some deck things.
CURRENTLY READING
reading Ready or Not by Cara Bastone
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, Shark Tank, Ghosts, LPBW, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, Love is Blind (we're almost done)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - leftovers & clean out the fridge
TUESDAY - ? (need groceries & we might run to the meat market to throw something on the grill)
WEDNESDAY - will thaw pork chops with wild rice stuffing from the freezer, roasted broccoli
THURSDAY - maybe veggie spaghetti that my daughter loves
FRIDAY - out with friends?
*might bake up some lemon poppyseed scones this week
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
go for walks with my Honey, read, enjoy the sunshine and work on what I want to plant in my little garden this year
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
saw my first robins of the season
the fun hockey suite - a great game & yummy food with some of my favorite peeps :)
sushi night: my spicy tuna roll and my cute pot of green tea 😋
Matt's sushi feast.
Matt caught this pic of Annie being very "Vanna" about her food display. Lol
we soaked up lots of sunbeams this past gorgeous weekend




























