Hello Friends!
I have a question for you today? I wonder what acts of love you do for your favorite people that you don't always enjoy? The ways you love to give of yourself...even if it's not something that's your favorite. Lol
Some examples I'll share is egg salad. Yep, plain old egg salad is not my thing. In fact I really dislike the smell hard boiled eggs in general.
So when eggs are getting old I usually love to make an egg bake or scramble. But I know Matt loves egg salad - so I will do this with the eggs instead - just for him.
I just make them very simply. Some mayo, salt and pepper, coarse ground dijon mustard, paprika and a bit of hot sauce. He loves spicy! If I had relish on hand I'd sometimes add that too. I don't measure anything. I can't even taste it to know if it's okay because it grosses me out! Lol But I've been cooking a long time so you kind of get the "know" to things. And my ex loved them too, so I've been making egg salad for many years.
But knowing how much Matt loves and appreciates I do this goes right to my heart. ❤️
Some other examples I could share is how my daughter often gets a whim to want to go for a drive out of the blue, and wants me to go with her. Sometimes for a task, but often just to drive and listen to music and get starbucks. And sometimes I'm tired - or just so not in the mode to get up and go. But I don't say no. I treasure this time with her so much before she heads off to college. But I also adore the fact that she likes to just be with her Mom. Of course I'd do anything for that sweet girlie of mine. 💗
Or when my son wants to share the latest heavy metal song he loves. Or the video for it. And that kind of music is definitely not my jam. Lol
But I love how he loves many kinds of music and is passionate about even the history behind it all and wants to share his knowledge with me. I think anything that brings joy to our loved ones, even if it's not our thing, ends up bringing us joy too.
So I'd love to hear what are some things you do to show your acts of love?
xoxo




I love this post! I also like to make special things for Bob and he appreciates it.
ReplyDeleteMy Heather used to love to go driving with me, especially in the evening of a pretty day. We would go down dirt roads and see what we could find. We called it adventuring. So enjoy it with Annie, because those crazy kids move out and you still do things with them, but not this kind of thing!
Thanks Mari! I do treasure every moment I get with my sweet Annie-boo. Especially when she voluntarily wants time with me! Lol 💗
DeleteI would say cooking in general, LOL .... I am not a great baker or cook, I do it because my hubby works and I feel that if I am at home I should do all the stuff in the house, although he knows it is not my thing so if he isn't too tired he sometimes helps so that I don't have to deal with it all.
ReplyDelete