Happy Monday Friends
How are things beginning for you this week? Are you seeing signs of Spring since it begins tomorrow? Yay! Unfortunately we've been in a cold snap here and doesn't look like it will let up much in the immediate days ahead. But we're still not having any snow and half of the bay is open water now. I have heard geese hanging that have flown back for the season hanging out and swimming down there. All true signs of Spring.
π·π
We had a wonderful weekend here. Matt and I did a lot of our usuals. Went out for dinner, went to Saturday evening mass, got in some exercise time, watched some shows and movies, and we finally started tackling a kitchen project. On St. Patrick's Day (yesterday) I wore my green (I have Irish heritage) to go along with a little St. Paddy's manicure I gave myself. We also went out for a lovely brunch. Then came home and tackled the kitchen project which included cleaning out the island and cabinets. We cleaned and organized them and got rid of old things to donate to Goodwill and added some of the things we brought from Matt's house he wanted to keep. He is renting out his house now and it feels like our home now. π❤️
Then we watched a movie, played some cards, loved on the furry babies and just chilled. A perfectly productive and yet relaxing Sunday.
Lots of other Spring thoughts are going on over here - my daughter found her prom dress. Yay! Her bf is coming up, next month, from FL to take her. It's really sweet. Also, we are making plans for over Annie's Spring break time too. Fun things to look forward to! Along with looking forward to planting flowers and my little garden, once we're truly thawed out around here. Spring is on it's way and it makes my heart so happy!
☀️πΈπ
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
1/2 of an onion bagel with lite butter, low cal yogurt and coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands, dinner with a gf, a lunch with Mrs C., hospice work, senior party meeting (I'm on the committee at Annie's school), dinner at my Mom's, hospice calls to do from home
THINKING ABOUT:
How grateful I am to have come so far with my arthritis and aches and pains issues. The shoulder issue was a minor one compared to the past year and half herniated disc issue. I saw PT for my shoulder recently, and I'll probably have one more follow-up visit and I feel good that issue is resolving quickly. In my workouts I'm basically back to the same strength and ability I had pre-disc issue. ππ» Thank goodness!
The back issue finally resolved a few months ago. It sure had been such a process to get through. But meds, therapy and regular at-home exercises have brought back strength and mobility. It feels amazing! I wasn't able to golf or do much pickle ball, or other active sports, last summer. And this year I'll be able to fully enjoy it all! Yippeee!! π
It's been a lot of hard work. And now with continuing to do daily strengthening exercises, regular cardio, and counting daily calories - losing weight is a wonderful side benefit! I'm truly changing a lot of my lifestyle for good and I know it will make aging that much easier for my future self. A wise investment I think ππ
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Sun is shining in. I can hear Ruby snoring in the chair in the tv room next to me. Lol I have soft Celtic music playing softly. It feels peaceful.
CURRENTLY READING
reading Ready or Not by Cara Bastone (really good so far, I just need to add more reading time in my days so I finish it)
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, Shark Tank, Ghosts, LPBW, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, Love on the Spectrum (I watch this one myself - it just makes me smile so much), New season of Blown Away on netflix (glass blowing competition show Matt & I like)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - jalapeno cheddar brats on the grill, boursin cauliflower side dish, baby corn on the cob, salad
TUESDAY - leftover tacos from the weekend
WEDNESDAY - might be out with a friend for dinner
THURSDAY - dinner with my Mom & step Dad she requested spaghetti hot dish I make that she loves, garlic bread, caesar salad, lemon bars for dessert
FRIDAY - probably fish dinner?
*We are going to be starting back to Hello Fresh for a little while to shake up our menu and need to do less grocery shopping. We start next week. This summer we'll probably cancel again because we eat less and do lots more grilling. But for a couple months we'll try it again. It's convenient, cost friendly and was always really tasty. :)
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
read, cross-stitch, work on our bedroom (clean/organize)
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
The furry babies love when Annie gives them snuggles
my St. Paddy's mani - shamrock shake green + gold coin polish
this smells so good!
perfect scent for the kitchen (along with real coffee π)
Thinking this year for Easter that instead of a bunch of small fruit pizza cookies - I'll do this & make one big Easter egg one. Hmmm π
Matt's Mom sent this gorgeous stained glass hanging because she said it just looked like me. Geesh, what a Honey. Still recovering from all of her cancer treatments and thinking of me out of the blue. I put it in our bedroom window so I could look at it first thing every morning. It's so beautiful and fits well because in our master bath we have the big stained glass window above the soaking tub with similar colors. I just love it and I just love HER!! I feel blessed to be getting such a wonderful MIL. π














