Thursday, June 15, 2017

Easy Taco Pizza

Happy Thursday beautiful Friends! 

Today I thought I'd pop in and share this easy taco pizza I made the other night. It's a little different in that it isn't a hot out of the oven kind of pizza. More of a fresh toppings kind of pizza. Great for summer and the hot weather starting to show up! You still bake the crust however. Speaking of the crust - whatever did we do before Pillsbury crescent rolls?? Lol 



This is a recipe that I had pinned on my pinterest. You can find the original from livingwellmom.com here.  So as I mentioned  - you start out making a crescent roll crust that you bake first. Then you make a creamy topping out of sour cream and cream cheese. I actually added a little taco seasoning and sauce to mine too. You also cook up some ground beef and add taco seasoning and water and cook it down. Then put it on top of the chilled creamy topping.  Next you add toppings of your choice. I kept mine simple and added shredded lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar and monterey jack cheese. You could drizzle on more taco sauce too! I also crushed a few taco chips onto to my pieces for more crunch. ;)  Here's the recipe:


Ingredients
  • 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
  • 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce


Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Unroll the crescent roll dough and lay out in the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Spread over the cooled crust. (I let my crust cool for around 20 minutes.) Chill in the refrigerator.
  4. Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning packet and water, according to package directions. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Sprinkle the ground beef evenly over the cream cheese layer. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
  6. Cut into serving-size pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate.




Enjoy! xo





4 comments:

  1. Yum! I make something similar but yours looks even better! I'll be trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!
    Perfect for these hot summer days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you call me beautiful?? I knew I liked you ;).

    Your family must love having you around!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just give me a good crust and cheese of any kind and I'm probably going to be happy. LOL Looks good, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete