Monday, June 5, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello my Friends! 

Happy Monday! We had a full weekend with a day out-of-town for my daughter's soccer games on Saturday. It happened to be where there is also a lovely outlet mall - so we did some fun summer shopping too. ;) It was almost 90 degrees that day, so we were happy for some a/c stores! Then yesterday was filled with errands, things around the house and groceries. And looks like another full week ahead!





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Foggy and low 50's this morning. Supposed to get sunnier later and be in the low 60's.  Week ahead looks nice overall. Around 70 most days, but some chance of rain on Thursday. 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


A little treat - a piece of apple cinnamon kringle and my coffee.







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to Christian music on Pandora and working on notes in my calendar for the week.







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I was watching 2 bunnies chasing themselves around our hill earlier. It's so nice and green and all of the leaves are filled in on the trees and I have my window baskets up. Annie has her trampoline back up too and has been having such fun on that again everyday. 







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


I was a bit of a slacker yesterday so I need to get some more jobs done around here today. But feels nice and calm and peaceful. Soon my kiddos will be home for the school year and I know these peaceful days will end! Lol 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Exercise days. Daily devotional time. Today do dusting and vacuuming and cleaning of bathrooms I didn't get done this weekend. Kiddos soccer practices. My son has a game this week. Annie has hockey practice too. They both have a soccer tourney next weekend too. Finish planting the rest of my flowers. Craft projects to complete.









CURRENTLY READING:


Mainly magazines recently. Catching up on some new ones that just came.








ON THE TV TODAY:


Food Network Star, The White Princess finale, Amazing Race finale, a couple of movies taped.











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes with olive oil, seasonings and fresh thyme from my herb pot. Corn on the cob on the grill. Garden salad.



TUESDAY: chicken, veggie, & cashew stir fry



WEDNESDAY:  breakfast for dinner - egg, ham & cheese over hashbrown crust breakfast pizza and fruit



THURSDAY: farfalle pasta and marinara, garlic texas toast, caesar salad 



FRIDAY: out for dinner? tourney starts











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


Not sure about new recipe this week? Maybe bake something new... stay tuned. ;) 





TIP OF THE WEEK:


good tip for me right now with all the crunches I've been doing :P








FROM THE CAMERA:
I didn't take pics this weekend - this was from prior weekend, but my Annie still looked a lot like this all day Saturday. ;) (in the red #1)


front door love




The weekend before last my boys cut down some bad trees around our driveway - a lot of hard work!


out my kitchen window this morning



My herb pot this year. Quite a hodge podge- parsley, fennel, cilantro, thyme, and mint.



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for summer inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. I'm LOVING your outside pictures - so pretty and peaceful. And I have to remember to try that life hack!

    Glad you had some fun at the outlet malls.

    Did you tell us the name of your Etsy store and I missed it? Would love to come visit.

    Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Apple Kringle sounds heavenly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration! Seems odd to me to think your kiddos are still in school now that we've been out for a couple of weeks around here. When do they get out? Great view out your kitchen window. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kringle - love it! Your front door looks lovely and those flip flops are so cute. My nephew plays soccer - it seems like they are always on the road to this tournament or that one. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your herb pot!
    Also, Kringle sounds sooo good.
    I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm gonna have to try that tongue to the roof of your mouth thing. Love your pictures, I'm sorry I keep saying the same thing, but I just really love where you live, it's beautiful :)

    I hope you have an amazing and blessed week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty! I love seeing the green again too. I also love Pandora - I have quite a few stations on it to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your upbeat post. The deer are adorable. Like everyone else who commented, I envy you the Kringle. I didn't know about Kringle until I did a tour around Lake Michigan and we visited a Kringle store in Wisconsin. I'm hooked.

    Did I remember to tell you that Pepper might have relatives in Wisconsin? He loves cheese!

    ReplyDelete