Monday, June 12, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello my Friends! 

Happy Monday afternoon. ;) I'm a bit late to posting today, but it was a busy morning and then I just got back from picking up my daughter and niece from soccer and my niece is sleeping over tonight. It's truly the start of summer vacation over here and no more school for my kiddos! 

We had a full soccer weekend here. My Boys were out-of-town for my son's tourney and Annie and I were here for a her local tourney! It was a fun girlie weekend with lots of bonding time (with my Mom too). Now on to this week.





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Beautiful and sunny and in the 80's! Looks like a couple cooler rainy days after that and then nice again by Thursday. 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Some toast and coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


In my office and listening to Celtic music on Pandora and working on notes in my calendar for the week.







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Looking at the gorgeous day out and thinking Ruby and I will need to go for a walk pretty soon. ;) 







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Overall pretty tidy. I want to get another load of laundry in though.










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

The kids are on their regular soccer schedule for the summer - so they have practice during the day certain days of the week. My son will be working for my hubby the other days as his summer job. Both kiddos have soccer games this week. I may go visit my MIL tomorrow with Annie & my niece. Need to do some errands this week too including groceries. I need to finish planting some flowers and work on some house projects!









CURRENTLY READING:


I'm looking at some books I've had on my ipad and finally going to dive in for some summer reading.







ON THE TV TODAY:


I think I have some cooking shows taped. I have some movies taped too. 











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: pasta leftovers, salad


TUESDAY: BBQ meatballs, cheesy potatoes, mixed veggies (cookies and cream pudding bars for dessert)



WEDNESDAY:  probably breakfast for dinner, but not sure yet. Need to get groceries this week



THURSDAY: easy night due to sports


FRIDAY: grill burgers or brats, caramel apple salad, pasta salad, baked beans, chips











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


Not sure yet - I guess I'll see what getting groceries this week brings.





TIP OF THE WEEK:


Like the blog? Get the book: https://goo.gl/tl5xre
I thought this was actually kind of funny - but probably has some truth to it. 






FROM THE CAMERA:
My Mom and I visited my MIL last week and she was in great spirits!



Some of our girl bonding time included a nice fire on the deck - with s'mores included of course!!



Lots more soccer action these days too.



video
Summertime of course means Annie's back to her tricks on the trampoline (front flip)





video
And a slow motion arial flip for fun. ;) 










PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for blessing of children inspirational quote

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. YAY for summer - LOVE that picture of Annie by the fire. I absolutely ADORE that life hack and especially the inspiration! Sounds like you had a great girl time bonding! Love that picture of your MIL, she looks SOOOOO happy. Enjoy your week AND your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of your MIL - such a great smile! It is really hot here - hope your weather comes this way. Love the fire on the deck, and that mirror idea is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy as usual. That Annie is incredible. A real star athlete. I expect to watch her in the Olympics sometime in the future.

    Your fire pit is exciting. Must come in handy on chilly evenings. Can you actually use it to roast hot dogs? They're the best cooked over an open fire.

    Looking forward to all the fun things you and the kiddos will be doing this summer. Don't forget to take some time for Carrie.

    I love you, Darling Child, Patsy


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could roast over it Patsy - but not as good and hot like coals get. Works well for marshmallows...although we try not to let anything drip onto the pretty colored glass the fire comes up through.
      Annie is quite the daredevil! Lol Definitely been taking Carrie time - thanks for watching over me Dearest. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are busy as always, Carrie! So nice that the kids are done with school now. That's great that your son will be working with his Dad, too. Annie looks so cute playing soccer and on the trampoline. So good that they are so active and healthy. Your MIL looks happy and it must be so heartwarming to see her that way. Love that idea of putting up the mirror and the quote about the jewels around your neck is so true. My kids pitched in and got their Dad one of those gas fire-pits for Father's Day. Looking forward to summer evenings making s'mores! Sending hugs and blessings to you, my friend. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It is summer crazy time here. kids home to drive me crazy and lots of sports. Lol! But you know I love it. MIL is doing very well thankfully.
      Hope you folks enjoy your firepit. A bit of heaven on a nice summer night. Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Happy summer to you! Your menu sounds wonderful and gave me some ideas :) Love all your photos. Hope you are in the middle of a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete