Saturday, June 24, 2017

This Week

Hello my Friends! 

I'm sorry I'm late with this post. I meant to do it yesterday for my Friday 5 - so I'm still doing that, however on Saturday instead. ;)  I just thought I'd share a bit about my week. I hope yours was great and that you're having a wonderful weekend. 



ONE





Got the last of the flowers planted - including this big pot on the deck. Of course had to let the fairies move in as this lovely lady chose this pot. I love the solar watering can stake because it glows different colors at night. 











TWO


Now that it's been feeling more like full on summer - there's been lots of bugs and critters visiting our northwoods yard. The bees have been humming and the dragonflies have been coming to admire my flowers. 













THREE




The little garden outside Annie's window has been looking lovely and several of the shrubs in there have been starting to bloom. So pretty!










FOUR








I made a new recipe of maple dijon slow cooker chicken with fresh rosemary. It was so easy and really flavorful! I think next time I would use skin on chicken breasts as I think the sauce would have adhered nicely to it. I doubled the "sauce" as we like it saucy here. But I think sticking to the original would have been good too and thickened up even more. The photo above is when I had just gotten everything into the slow cooker to cook. I forgot and "after" photo.  We had it with roasted red potatoes, salad, and apple cinnamon muffins. Delish!  The recipe is from a pin I had added to my pinterest slow cooker board you can find here.  Here is the recipe:

1. 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, use skinned boneless chicken thighs if you wish.
2. ½ cup Dijon Mustard.
3. ¼ cup Maple Syrup.
4. 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar.
5. Salt & Black Pepper to taste.
6. Rosemary, dry powdered or fresh.
To make this in the slow cooker, combine all ingredients and cook on low for 3-4 hours.









FIVE

She's number 1 on her jersey and in our hearts. ;) 




Lots of soccer action! My Annie had 2 games this week, plus a tourney going on all weekend. The bottom photo is of one of her BFF's who came with us to watch Annie, and she must have been good luck as Annie scored a goal in that game to break a tie! ;) 



I'm sharing this with Tricky of the blog FAST for Five on Friday.








7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of that dragonfly. So pretty!
    Also, that recipe sounds good. I love anything that cooks in the crock pot! I may try it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard and flowers look so nice! The chicken sounds really good. Cute pic of Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo of that huge dragonfly Carrie! Isn't it great when we can be in the right place at the right time?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking lovely, and I really like how you planted the pot in picture 1: gorgeous! That chicken sounds so delish - I love a taste of dijon, Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic shot of the dragonfly! I've been trying to get a good snap of one for weeks now but they move too fast as soon as the camera comes out haha
    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday this week, hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing all your pretty flowers as it warms up there in the northwoods. The dragonfly is PERFECT and the fairies look right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely to catch up with you! Your garden is looking great isn't it. Hope that all is as well as it can be. xx

    ReplyDelete