Monday, March 25, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends 

I hope you're starting the week with a smile and some sunshine!

That is definitely not the case here. March came in so lovely and it felt  like wonderful early Spring was here, almost the whole month! Until yesterday. πŸ™ˆ Snowmaggedon decided to show up. We've already gotten like a foot or more of snow. And another foot is expected today. It's "pouring" snow, if that's a thing? So March came in like a lamb...but it is going out like an absolute lion. Geesh! We were even on the Today show for a second to show our area getting slammed. See pic below

But I know it won't last. And I'm grateful it hasn't been like this all month. I just feel badly for all the lovely green things that had started popping up, and the sweet little critters all in tune with Spring - and now getting slapped in the face with all this crazy blizzard weather. It sounds like tomorrow freezing rain is going to join the party and it's going to be quite something around here for another few days. Not that we aren't true northerners and we know how to deal with it...but it doesn't make it any less of a pain. 

The other bummer part for me is that my sweet Matt has been out visiting and helping his folks in AZ. He's supposed to fly in tonight. I'm not sure that's going to happen and he may be delayed a bit. 

Enough whining. I'm truly trying to embrace it since there's nothing else I can do. I was out shoveling this morning so Ruby would have a place to "go" that isn't all over the deck. So I went an shoveled a path on the deck and a potty circle out in the yard. And then I throwed snowballs she loves to catch and eat. And I even made a snow angel! If you can't beat them, join them right? I feel SO grateful that my body has been feeling so good and that I'm capable of all of these things again. I keep exercising faithfully and I'm getting stronger in every way and I LOVE IT! And I have been sipping tea and reading my book and trying to finish my cross-stitch and working on home projects. Embracing the cozy of it all. 

Another blessing is that my sweet Annie had been on a trip with her dad and she got home this past weekend. So she got quality time with her dad and her Brother - which is so good. But she made it home in time before the bad weather. And school was canceled today - maybe even tomorrow. So we get extra bonding time. πŸ’—

I believe attitude is everything so I chill about the things I can't control and choose to embrace the rest. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•




















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:







I think we've practically had 3 inches already today - another 5-8 predicted tonight. Sigh















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

yogurt, coffee















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Annie's hockey banquet, Easter dinner groceries & errands, hair appt, a few things to do at the rental house, hospice work, book more excursions for upcoming Europe trip, home projects, more shoveling! Lol



















THINKING ABOUT:  

Spring where did you go??? 😒🌸





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's cozy and peaceful. I can hear the hum of the humidifier as we've still been in the season of heat running - so it helps the rooms not feel too dry. Even without the sun it feels bright because of all the white fluffy snow outside. It's looking like a winter wonderland out there for sure. I have soft Celtic music playing from alexa in the kitchen and I'm playing a pretty johnnie lawson youtube video from Ireland with a forest filled with blue bells and birdsong. It just makes me feel better. :) 
Ruby and Bubba are both napping. πŸ’•





















CURRENTLY READING

 reading Ready or Not by Cara Bastone 

This is still such a good book. It reads like a movie and I love the characters. I'm finally taking time to read more so I should be done with it in another day or 2. 



















ON THE TV TODAY:

Jeopardy, Call the Midwife, LPBW, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy,  Survivor, The Rookie, Password, Love on the Spectrum (I watch this one myself - it just makes me smile so much), New season of Blown Away on netflix (glass blowing competition show Matt & I like)


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


*supposed to start Hello Fresh this week and get delivered today. We'll see how that goes?? Lol


    MONDAY -  just Annie & I (at least until late) so we will probably have mac & cheese Lol (healthier kind - Annie's brand) and some frozen grapes, veggies and dip



TUESDAY -  Creamy lemon spinach ricotta ravioli w/ bell pepper and parm, salad (HF meal and one of Annie's faves)




WEDNESDAY -  hockey banquet night




THURSDAY - caramelized onion meatloaf sandwiches w/ potato wedges & horseradish dijonnaise, I might add salad/fruit (HF meal)




FRIDAY -  light salad or even fast the whole day as it's Good Friday












  






TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, cross-stitch, work on our bedroom (clean/organize - going through my clothes to donate lots)




















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



*I will often do this if there's a "chore" I really don't feel like doing. I don't race it necessarily. But I set the timer and think that's how long I'll work on this project and let's just see how far I can get in that time. For some reason that is more motivating for me. Lol





















FROM THE CAMERA:

Matt enjoying March madness in AZ and getting time with his folks and lovely sunshine too! Not that I'm jealous or anything. Lol



But he sends text like this out of the blue and I'm a happy girl 😍



Finally moved a bunch of books from our bedroom to the office room (still in progress room) and organized the bookcase a bit. Love a bookcase with other interesting bits besides just books. ;) 






A working out momma on the regular πŸ’ͺ🏻



Although Annie is trying to sabotage me bringing back my favorite candy bars from Canada (where she was on her trip) And they went to an Ottawa senators hockey game and it was their pride game and she grabbed an extra shirt they had there - so I could have one too. ❤️πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™




Sweet babies and they have been SO snuggly on me when I was the only human here with them for a while. 


embracing the cozy with ambiance and soft music, Ruby on my lap and reading


I took this pic just last week before these horrible blizzarding days showed up!



Now it's more like this out my windows. 


Ruby's potty zone. Lol


chairs before and after


that is a lift bridge on big Lake Superior (not very far from me) on the today show this AM 




But in this house still thinking all things Spring and bunnies and Easter ahead. πŸ°πŸŒ·πŸ’š












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  For healing for both of Matt's parents as they continue to deal with their health issues. That Matt's dad have good results from recent tests. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•



















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. Stay cozy wherever you are Friends. xo

9 comments:

  1. Well, so much to love here, my dear friend! I came away with the reminder to embrace what comes and remember God is in control. So, thank you for that! I tend to create scenarios in my head about all the things that could happen, and then I am on alert for them. Thank you, chemical imbalance better known as OCD! Anyway, thank you for the reminder to enjoy and relax and surround myself my things that bring me joy. Hope your man is back soon, safe and sound! And so glad Annie is as well. Hugs and stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Yes, forever trusting in His will and that He has a path for us. :) Thank you - I'm so grateful everyone is home now and doing well. πŸ’—

      Delete
  2. You really got hit! I hope it doesn't make it across the lake. :)
    This weather just makes us enjoy Spring even more, right?
    Glad Annie is back and had a good time.
    And I sure hope Matt doesn't get held up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mari - we definitely got hit hard. Lol I figured we wouldn't get out of March unscathed from true northwoods weather. Matt and Annie both got home safe and sound. Thank God! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that's a lot of new snow! Yikes! And just when Spring was "springing". Well, at least you and Annie get some quality time together. I hope Matt made it in ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did get hit with lots of snow Mandy! But not surprising where I live. Lol Loved the precious time Annie and Matt made it home safely thankfully! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•

      Delete
  4. I was watching on the news how much snow you all were getting and wondering how you were doing with it all, that iis nice your daughter was able to come back so you aren't all alone, hopefully Matt didn't have too many delays. We have just had rain here but our temps are below normal, so not feeling as Springy here either, although hubby has had to mow once already. You asked about my craft room, well I need to take your advice about setting a timer and work on organizing and purging, I am running out of every imaginable space. I have such a hard time getting rid of things. Hubby is shocked I know where everything is, there are a couple things I can't find but that is between you and me ;) The snow pictures do look pretty although I am glad we don't have any ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lion is roaring here also. 38 degrees, pouring rain and whipping wind - Winter and Spring are in a custody battle with us and Winter is winning right now.

    Thank you for the book recommendation! I needed a new book badly.

    Perfect inspiration! Have a WONDERFUL Easter my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that winter found you again. Don't give up hope, we had snow early in the morning on Tuesday and by Friday it was no coat weather again (upper 60's/low 70's). Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete