Saturday, September 17, 2016

Fall Cards 3 Ways

Happy Weekend Friends!! 


It's kind of a gray one here today and it rained this AM. The sun is trying to peek through in moments here and there. There is a cool breeze and Fall definitely feels like it's in the air.  It's had me thinking about decorating my house for the season and I've been having fun making some seasonal cards as well. Always nice to have around for a Fall birthday or to send to a dear Friend...like you! ;) 


I have so many different kinds of crafty things about, so I thought I'd play around and decorate each card differently with things I had on hand. I thought you might like a peek:









The first card I played around with I knew I wanted to make dimensional in some way. So here's what I did:





I had some old jack-o-lantern scrapbook paper - so I ripped a couple jack-o-lanterns out of it (for added texture instead of cutting) and I first adhered some lace and I knew I wanted to add the little Fall leaves branch. But then I found some gears I had and I thought they'd be a neat contrast with the lace (kind of a steam punk thing almost) and glued them on as well. I then adhered the ripped pumpkins on the top. I was going to leave all of the cards blank inside - but for this one I decided to stamp a "boo" on the inside. A more Halloweenish card to send.





I then added a jack-o-lantern cupcake sticker to the envelope. Card #1 down. 




For the next card I knew I wanted to use some Fall stamps I had and my watercolor pencils. So here's what I did for that one:


I used a pumpkin and leaf that I stamped in black. Then I colored them in with various colored pencils and blended it all with my paintbrush and a little water. I then added a little bit of ribbon sticker and washi tape. I also stamped "thinking of you" with my copper stamp - but it didn't come out as cleanly as I would have liked. Oh well, that's how a friend knows that I made it homemade...unperfect and full of love (like me). ;) 




I then added a little of the same washi tape on the envelope. Voila! Card #2 done. 





For the final card I thought I would primarily use stickers. Here's how that one turned out:


For this one I used another strip of washi tape in a brown pattern. I then added the sweet tree stickers and acorn sticker. I had some rounded button kind of stickers and I added those in a strip down the side with the little flower to top it off. Then I added some letter stickers to say "happy fall" to someone special. ;) 






The final touch for this card was using more of the same kind of flower sticker in brown - with some leaves on the envelope. And now I have more fun cards on hand to share with friends or family.  Just simple, but fun to be creative and make each one so different. 











Wishing you a blessed and cozy weekend. I'm linking with Andrea of Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.


Scraptastic Saturdays every Saturday @ 8 PM EST.






















6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you can make so many pretty things with items you already have on hand?

    Happy Fall to you too Carrie!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it so much more fun to just "play" Doreen. ;)
      Happy Fall back at ya Babes! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are so talented! The first card is my favorite :) I am so excited for fall as well. Yesterday I was finally able to wear a scarf! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good heavens you are the sweetest Madison. I'm not sure about talent - but I sure love to express myself through paper crafting.

      I'm so happy you're finding your Fall and cozy over there!! Just starting to get cozier weather here too.

      Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. These are cute cards Carrie! Love those black stamped pumpkin & leaf and the way you coloured them in. They look old-timey :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy! I LOVE old-timey and I know just what you mean. ;)

      Hope you're having a great week! xoxo

      Delete