Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Howdy Friends! And welcome to Monday! 


Yep, it's that time again. Today, though, in my neck-of-the-woods it's Labor Day...so it's a day to honor hard working folks and give them a day off. It's nice having my Hubby home from work and my kiddos have been having fun with friends this weekend. We went to my son's high school soccer game Saturday. My Dad & step Mom came over and we celebrated my Dad's birthday that night & went for a lovely pontoon ride. My niece slept over with Annie last night and they had lots of fun!! Back to school tomorrow though (hee hee - secret Mom chuckle).  




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It started out rainy and gray. We had some good thunder boomers in the night and some rain continued through the morning. Clearing up now and getting sunny. Supposed to reach upper 70's today.









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:



I baked up a yummy cherry butter bread this morning - so we had that as kind of a treat with our breakfast. It was tasty!!







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:


I'm watching my daughter, niece, and some neighborhood friends ride bikes, roller blades, and scooters in our driveway.  Enjoying the sun that's finally come out.






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to some music in my office and looking ahead at my calendar for the week.  Some soccer ahead for both kiddos.  I need to see what I have in my freezer so I can figure out how long before I need to get to the grocery store again. Hoping we can use up some things in the pantry and freezer to sort of reset and then restock things as I'd really like them. Starting to think more cozy Fall menu ahead!






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The girls picked up their mess from the tv room upstairs where they slept last night. But the downstairs game/media room probably needs some serious love! Otherwise pretty tidy. My Hubby was a Sweetie and did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen early for me.  Think I'll keep that guy around.










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to do another load of laundry and get my kiddos to put their clean clothes away (they've been some naughty slackers lately!). Time for some Mom police to go patroling. Lol  Clean up downstairs (with kiddos' help as I'm sure it's their messes), I might do some scrapbook organizing in my office. We might rent a movie later and just have snuggle in rest kind of day later. My Hubby has been working on some new - much needed - stairs that go down to our dock. He's going to have some of his work crew guys come soon and build a new platform deck that will connect to the stairs. He enjoys doing some things himself though. It's so wonderful having a handy guy. ;) 













CURRENTLY READING:


I've started a new Nora Roberts book and I'm catching up on some magazines. Some new Fall ones have come - yay!!






ON THE TV TODAY:

I have some cooking shows to catch up on and I think we have some of The Profit taped (my Hubby and I love that show) and Bering Sea Gold too (my Hubby really loves that one). I have some Hallmark movies taped too.






ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover pizza & salad for lunch & BLT's with yummy juicy tomato from my Mom's friend's garden for dinner



TUESDAY: hopefully find chicken to thaw and make along with pasta side dish and veggies. Might bake up a pie with a can of harvest spiced peaches I have on hand.



WEDNESDAY: might be cooler this night so thinking butternut squash soup and use up the lunch meat in fridge sandwiches



THURSDAY: double soccer night so keep it easy - may pick up Subway or something



FRIDAY: not sure yet - might be dinner out night, or get groceries 

*have bananas I need to use up so plan to bake up some banana bread or maybe banana chocolate chip muffins or a cake








WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Right now I'm focusing on getting some of my own scrapbook stuff organized so I can catch up on my albums. Then focus on the kiddos' school albums and our travel/trip album.  Basically scrapbook mania ahead!  I did have fun finally figuring out how to change up my blogging background and play with fonts and things. Hopefully nothing else weird is showing up...as sometimes I still feel like I have no clue what I'm doing with some of that stuff and just wing it! :P






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Maybe new banana related recipe?




TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

Okay I can verify that this one works!  We were out-of-town watching a sporting event (probably hockey of course) and it was winter and COLD. My Hubby had heard this and so he when we were in the hallway (still in the arena!) he held the key remote up under his chin & clicked it, so it could warm up the car if it worked. Sure enough, when we got all the way out to the parking lot a ways away our car was running and warmed up by the time we got in! Crazy!! I'm not sure what it's doing to your brain though? - kind of scary. 





FROM THE CAMERA:








Happy Birthday to my Papa! Look how Annie is catching up - I'm not that much taller. We even almost share the same shoes. She's 10 people (& she might have been standing tip toed) - but that still gives you an idea of how short I am & how small my feet are too. ((sigh))  


It was a gorgeous night on the pontoon!



Chillin' by my Ruby.


Cute couple. ;) 








This was the lovely view at my son's soccer game. This is the parking lot above the fields. My kiddos' go to a wonderful private school.  It sits on a hill even higher above this. They sure have an amazing view of the big Lake! 



Still picking flowers from my pots for window sill bouquets.



My sweet Hubby working away. Looks like he's got his work cut out for him!








PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for hard working inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely in love with that first pontoon picture! So pretty. I am so envious of your September and the cool evenings and season change to come - the one thing I REALLY miss is FALL in the U.P.! Love your new fall blog background too.

    Happy Birthday to your dad and boy Annie is getting tall - looks so much like her pretty mama too.

    LOVE your devotional too - oh soooooo true! Have a great week my friend - laughing right along with your secret mom laugh. :D



    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your pictures! Annie is getting tall - that's a nice shot of all of you.
    That life hack is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Carrie. It WAS a gorgeous night on the pontoon! You're so lucky!!

    Happy belated birthday to your handsome Dad. Now I know where you get your pretty face from :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Dad! Hope you had a great Monday off and are having a great week too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Dad! Your cruise down the bay looks so relaxing. What gorgeous scenery all around you, and for your kids to have such a beautiful setting for their school as well. Nice! Have a great week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete