Friday, September 9, 2016

Five on Friday: Fall is Here!



I'm finally getting some time tonight to sit down and think about my 5 on Friday post. And as I sat here I thought about the fact that my kiddos are back to school now and in the evenings and early mornings there's a cool crispness in the air. Some trees have even begun to change color already and I'm starting to crave more hot beverages than cold. Plus, geese have been flying over my house daily. 


So I thought I would embrace these lovely changes around me and shout out Fall is here!! My 5 this week will be to share some highlights I have pinned to my board "my favorite season" (which of course is Fall!) on my pinterest.


ONE

Caramel_Apple_Nachos2



Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites.


Of course one of the most wonderful parts of Fall is the yummy comfort food that begins! From sweet treats like caramel apple nachos and gingerbread pumpkin pie bites you can find here and here




MAPLE PECAN Granola! #vegan #glutenfree

To comforting Autumn soups and pumpkin maple pecan granola you can find here and here.






TWO

Pumpkin Chai Latte | texanerin.com




Caramel Apple Sangria



Another delicious part of Fall...and one that really brings the cozy to it; are the wonderful drinks! From pumpkin chai latte, to caramel apple sangria you can find here and here.


homemade pumpkin spice creamer

To even making your own pumpkin spice creamer.  You can find it here.






THREE

e67aa975bb8d2d1e67dc2bc0e1561e5e



AUTUMN:



Fall Fairy Garden Idea:


Paint rocks to look like pumpkins to decorate your mini garden for fall & Halloween.:



There are also wonderful ideas and examples for ways to decorate pumpkins and ways to dress up your stairs and front porch for the Fall season. Not to mention tons of fun ideas for how to dress up a Fall fairy garden pot for display. You can find these ideas herehere, and here.






FOUR





Mummy drink boxes:


Carve a hole big enough in your pumpkin to hold a bowl for a mess-free punch station.:

And of course there are SO many ideas for fun things to do, or make in the Fall - and especially related to Halloween time. Like making your own Halloween s'mores kits,the mummy drink boxes I did last year, and using a pumpkin as an ice bucket to keep drinks cold which you can find herehere, and here.



Halloween Cookies - Spider Infested Chocolate Chip Cookies:


Love all of the ideas I have been seeing lately for cupcake liner ruffles. Easy, CHEAP, and cute!:

To even how to make creepy chocolate chip cookies that look infected with spiders (ew!) or a cool Halloween bunting that you can find here and here.




FIVE

Fall!:



Sept 5...(prompt...3 gifts of Autumn) This board says it all but I will pick three of my favorites....*Family gatherings, Apple Cider, Changing of the leaves...warms cloths, and pumkin pie...okay okay...I will stop!! Can you tell I love Autumn!!:




Photoshop contrast of black and white to warm/fall colors Please like, repin or follow us on Pinterest to have more interesting thingss. Thanks. <a href="http://hoianfoodtour.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">hoianfoodtour.com/</a>



 :


Pumpkin:

And I love all of the  beautiful images, cozy signs, and even haunting pictures that you can find related to Fall and Halloween herehere, here, and here. 


It's time to have fun embracing the BEST time of year....or at least in my humble opinion. ;)  


I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.








12 comments:

  1. Aha! Someone else addicted to Pinterest. How did we ever survive without it? The problem is that I spend so much time looking at all the wonderful recipes and ideas, I have no time left to cook, craft, whatever. I expect my friends will do a Pinterest intervention soon, if I don't use more will power.

    Also my favorite season. Let's enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes Patsy! I definitely have a pinterest problem too. It's obviously a "dream" site - as I'm the same way. Spend lots of time dreaming and less time making. ;)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Carrie! I could stay on this post all afternoon!
    I already printed the recipe for the apple nachos!!!!!
    Looks so good!!!
    Enjoy your season, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Too many wonderful Fall things on pinterest that I could be glued to the screen for hours too Billie Jo. ;) What did we do before the internet? I mean really. Lol!
      xo

      Delete
  3. These ideas really showcase the essence of Fall! I love the fall season too, but quite frankly we are still in summer mode here with hot temps and mugginess today (and now a tornado watch!). Those pumpkin bites look delicious! I'll have to check out your Pinterest board for more. Thanks for sharing these Carrie. Enjoy your weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your weather starts cooperating to help you get more in Fall mood too Wendy. ;)
      Have fun finding lots of goodies on pinterest!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Such cute ideas, and pretty Fall things here today! I am starting to get used to the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's time to dive in Mari!! All things Autumn!! ;0)
      xo

      Delete
  5. This post has left my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've neglected Pinterest for awhile until just a week or so ago. It's such a wonderful place to go for ideas. I saw the same s'mores kit you posted, but I've yet to find ghost marshmallows. I had my first hot chocolate of the season last night, but I'm still not ready for fall. I'm soaking in the last of summer that I can. I'm a summer girl...can't help it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you one bit Cindy! Summer is wonderful too. It's totally fair to just dream a little on Fall now and embrace it more in a few weeks.Lol! ;)
      xo

      Delete