Monday, May 16, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday


Happy Monday my Friends! Sorry I'm SO late today but I have a VERY good reason. I spent the day on a road trip with my Mom and Annie picking up my Mom's new puppy!! Her name is Angel and she's beyond adorable!

See what I mean?



It was a busy weekend away at soccer tourneys for both kiddos. So it's been a busy 4 days! I'm behind in coming by to say hello to all of you dear Friends, and I didn't even get to do my 5 on Friday, but now life will slow down for a while again so i'll be able to post more. For now - on to the week ahead!






THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It was a sunny and pleasant day in the upper 50's to lower 60's. 







ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

We grabbed a treat this AM before hitting the road. So I actually had an iced chai tea and 1/2 a bagel with veggie cream cheese.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It's sunny with pretty big white clouds. We had a tiny drizzle a bit ago that passed right over. 








RIGHT NOW I AM:

In my office, sipping on some water and petting my Ruby. She missed me all day. Thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner.  Listening to some Enya while I work on this post - an texting my hubby back and forth. ;) 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still suitcase and clothes by the laundry room with more of that to catch up on. Otherwise pretty tidy from when Mom stayed here for us over the weekend. 









ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Well the day is at it's end for me - so going to through in more laundry and make dinner. Then we may go back to my Mom's so my son can see the puppy too! He'll drive as he has his permit to practice, always a little nerve wracking but he's so excited to be driving!! Lol









CURRENTLY READING:

 A bunch of my magazines came in for the month so I've been gobbling them up lately. 








ON THE TV TODAY:

I was able to watch Call the Midwife, but was too tired after the long weekend to catch up on anything else.  I have Amazing Race, Game of Thrones, and Outlander to catch up on yet. Plus I think my hubby still has a Bering Sea Gold show to catch up on from last week.


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: not sure but I know I have eggs to use up - so something breakfast for dinner I guess.


TUESDAY: some kind of meat & potatoes for the in-law's (need to get groceries)


WEDNESDAY: chicken and maybe fish on the grill


THURSDAY:chicken salad wrap sandwiches, corn on the cob & veggies off the grill, melon


FRIDAY:Annie's sleepover bday party with her friends so pizza for them and may make mini pancakes in my mini muffin pan for the AM for them with a variety of toppings







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I need to finish up the gift scrapbook album I'm working on - I've been ignoring it lately and I don't want to leave it to the last minute...so it's moved up in priority. (yep still this)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure as still really figuring out grocery list.  Will hope to share my MIL's toffee bars if I finally make them this week!







TIP OF THE WEEK:

Courtesy of the site 1000lifehacks again. Great tip for summer fun to come soon!




FROM THE CAMERA:




It was so cold one AM at my kiddos soccer that I had on many layers, my winter coat, hat, hood, mittens and blanket & I still froze! (20 degrees with windchill at 7:30 AM game - BRRR)



Annie in action! (red with the soccer ball facing camera)


Annie's team - can you see the layers on the coaches. It was so cold Saturday!


Proud Girl


My son is action doing a throw-in (#49) at his game.







And I couldn't resist more Angel puppy photos - my Mom is one happy Lady! ;) 



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Amen to that!! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


11 comments:

  1. What an adorable little puppy!!!! Sure to brighten anyone's day :-) Wow that sure is cold watching the games! They probably don't notice it much since they are constantly moving, lol. Enjoy your day, we are getting rain so I'm making time to catch up on blogging :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! We can't get enough of Angel puppy - she's so cute and making my Mom so happy.

      Hope you're having a great week. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Angel is absolutely adorable!! I am sure that she and your Mom are going to love each other a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is just a doll and she's making my Mom so happy. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh dear me, that Angel pup is just too cute! I hope she settles in well with your mum.
    I am thankful that my son plays basketball, all indoors!!! Brrr, it must have been chilly on that pitch ! Have a good week ahead, Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! She's such a sweet puppy. ;)

      I know what you mean about enjoying sports indoors! I was actually missing the hockey rink that morning! Lol

      Delete
  4. Aw, the puppy is adorable! I do not miss those freezing cold early spring soccer games one bit. My son's 15th birthday is this weekend so I'll be right there with you having a permit driver very soon. Exciting and scary all at the same time! Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! WE're all loving the puppy! ;) I'll say prayers for you with the permit stuff - trust me you'll need them!! Lol I love knowing I"m not suffering alone. Lol

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, Angel is ADORABLE!!!!!! And what a perfect time to use that quote! LOL My uncle has been bringing me box after box of quilting and cooking magazines so I'm right there with you trying to gobble them up before they become overwhelming. I have 3 boxes of magazines I don't normally read (because I don't enjoy them as much as other women) and am going to drop them off at the hospital my aunt had been in. They are all brand new and never read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW LOVE THAT morning picture at the game. That would have been me too!

      Delete
    2. Isn't she though?? She's too cute for words! Lol ;)

      Wow - sounds like you have LOTS of fun stuff to go through!! I think it's such a great idea to donate them to the hospital where your Aunt stayed.

      Hope you're having a great week! xoxo

      Delete