Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday

Hello My Friends! 


I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I can't believe it's Monday already. It feels like that weekend really flew by! Although it was quite a busy one around here that held my daughter's Spring concert, her birthday party with her friends and family friends of ours, plus belated bday with some grandparents as well as soccer and hockey practices for both kiddos! Whew!!  I think I need more hours in a day. Lol!  Life is also busy with many end of school year things, as I've mentioned prior, so that has kept me from blogging world and visiting as much as I'd like.  Please know that there are only a few more weeks of school and then I will be far more free with my time during the day. I try not to blog as much on nights and weekends, as that is time I try to mainly reserve for my family. Thanks for your patience and I will become a more involved person in blogland again soon!! ;) 






THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Cloudy but pleasant at close to 70 degrees.  Every now and then the sun peeks out a little...but storms are on the way and I can see the clouds building up. Some rain planned a few days this week - but otherwise should be in the 60's or 70's and nice.






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A piece of toast and some coffee with natural sweet creamer.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see squirrels chasing each other and clouds continuing to form. A blue jay just flew in front of my window too.  I think there's only been one small thunderstorm so far this season (although we have had rain). I think sometimes it's nice to have a good "thunder boomer", plus we really need more rain around here. It's been dry and fire danger has often been high. 








RIGHT NOW I AM:

In my office - drinking my water from my big 40 ounce water bottle (got to keep getting my amounts in each day!), and listening to beautiful violin music from the Joshua Bell pandora station. Thinking of the busy week ahead and looking through the appointments I have this week. 









AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Everything is still pretty tidy from the weekend - having cleaned well before all kinds of birthday events were held here! I need to do more laundry and a few dishes from last night.  One of Annie's new lego sets is on our dining room table and I'm leaving it out for her to finish. She loves to build those sets and play with them. ;) 








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Laundry, devotional time, paperwork, take Annie to dentist for tooth extraction later, and working on getting paperwork together as we are working to activate the Power of Attorney papers for my MIL - so that we will be all set when she needs to go to a facility. Some changes were made with her meds and she has been a little better and more stable (she's had 2 falls recently) - so my FIL is really trying to hold out a bit longer keeping her at home. Such hard stuff and continued prayers are so appreciated!! 









CURRENTLY READING:

 Back to a Nora Robert's book  I hadn't finished yet.








ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched the season finale of Call the Midwife. So sad! (sniff) I still need to catch up on several shows: cooking shows, Outlander, Game of Thrones, Shark Tank....


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftovers


TUESDAY: spaghetti hot dish, mixed veggies and Red Lobster's garlic cheddar biscuits


WEDNESDAY: something easy - sandwiches/soup


THURSDAY: egg bake or frittata with sausage, peppers & cheddar cheese, lemon poppyseed muffins, fruit



FRIDAY:not sure - leaving open for maybe going out for dinner, otherwise my grill something







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Finishing baby album for my cousin's gift.  Putting together more things for the heritage album I'm working on as well.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure yet.







TIP OF THE WEEK:

It's such fun to listen to podcasts instead of music sometimes when doing housework. Lately I've loved listening to the podcasts from Ronald D. Moore about the making of the Outlander episodes. He does a podcast for each one and shares a lot of behind the scenes info and why he chose to have things shot a certain way etc. Very interesting if you like those books and now the show.  I just put in my headphones and go around the house getting things done!





FROM THE CAMERA:


My Big Girl on concert day.



Throwing coins in and wishing over the mall fountain at Annie's bday. She had a fun shopping themed birthday - including fun shopping game. I'll share another post on this soon.



Back at our house during her birthday party with the kiddos all goofing around on the trampoline.






Out for dinner for Annie's birthday with some family friends of ours and a lovely walk on the lake walk after with the full moon coming up to greet us.



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a SUPER busy weekend with the concert, family and party, but sounds like you had a great time. I LOVE the idea of the shopping themed birthday and can't wait to read your post about it.

    Sounds like the weather has truly turned spring for you if the squirrels are chasing each other. BTW I'd be happy to share a thunderstorm of two LOL

    Have a great week! Hope you have some birthday cake leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie - life has been BUSY - but in a good way. No complaints - just blessings. ;)

      I finally posted about the party! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Take your time visiting...family comes first we will be here when you are ready :-) My oldest daughter's birthday is this Sunday, a day after our wedding anniversary and we are hoping the weather stays nice so she can have a few friends she met here over to celebrate. Love all the pictures and your daughter's blue dress is just beautiful! Will continue to keep your mother in law in my prayers. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill! You folks just mean so much and I want to keep up with ALL of you!! Lol I know you're right and I'm taking everything one day at a time. I hope I do get some lazy days of summer though!!

      Happy anniversary and birthday over your way!! ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter!!!!
    And like Jill said, visit when you can.
    This time of year is always so crazy!
    Have a nice evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Taking deep breaths and days one at a time. ;)
      Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Annie! Cute picture of her.
    Don't worry about us - see you when life is calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Doing my best to enjoy blogging when I can and not sweating the rest.

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Carrie, back from my 'break' and catching up! I have that quote on my wall! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl - she's so precious :) Looks like she had a fun time with all her little friends. Girls are so fun at that age. Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy, but you always have such a great attitude - a true inspiration, my friend. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! So nice to have you back. She truly had such a great birthday - lots of fun!! ;)

      Blessings to you and welcome back. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love all the photos!! The quote is perfect!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi!! Blessings to you. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  7. May is the busiest month of the year, I think! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. Love the picture of the lake. Hope you are having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Yes - you know the school craziness well! Lol

      Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love the pictures of Annie and her friends. I miss the Spring concerts. Mine and my sons. Everyone is grown and gone. :-(

    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot!! The time goes just too darn fast, doesn't it? ::sigh::
      Trying to enjoy the moments. Blessings to you!! xoxo

      Delete