Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


happyhomemakermonday

Happy Monday my Friends! 


Hope you had a lovely weekend and it didn't fly by too fast. My kiddos had several sports this weekend. Hockey practices and both of them had soccer scrimmages. The weather could have been a little warmer- but it wasn't too bad and felt good to be back to a sport that doesn't involved sitting inside a hockey rink!! Lol  We had a little black bear adventure in our yard that I'll share later (those that follow me on instagram know what I'm talking about). ;)  Now on to the new week ahead.





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Just beautiful! Sunny and calm. It's in the 50's right now and supposed to get in the 60's!  Birds were singing away when I let Ruby out and it felt heavenly already. Looks like a good week of weather overall. Yay!! Maybe the trees will finally start budding out.







ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Lemon isagenix bar and 1/2 cup of coffee.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

The sun is nice and bright and the sky is an amazing blue! I'm definitely going to get out and enjoy it soon!








RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm sitting in my office. Listening to George Ezra station.  Feeling peppy and ready to tackle things. I have a busy week ahead and so much I want to do that I don't even know where to begin.  But I'll finish house chores first, get my exercise in and take Ruby for a walk later in the this gorgeous weather.  







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual laundry and basic house pick up, as we were gone most of the day yesterday - not much was accomplished around here. I have paperwork to tackle and I my journal is staring at me and I need to do some devotional time and writing in there. Probably outside since it's so lovely. ;) 








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Picking up, laundry, change the rest of the sheets I didn't change yesterday. My daughter and I need to go through her clothes as she keeps growing and we need to give away her old things and make room for some new summer clothing we've picked up. Exercise, devotional time, paperwork, some dentist appointments this week, need to make some other appointments, need to finish some projects I'm doing as gifts, get groceries and make a dish for an event at my daughter's school, start getting pots out & other things form the shed for summer....I could go on and on. Feeling busy but in a good way! 









CURRENTLY READING:

I actually picked up several of Susan Branch's old books recently and I'm enjoying reading them so much! I'm reading one all about summer right now. I love her illustrations, great recipes, words of wisdom and inspiring quotes. Such feel good books! 








ON THE TV TODAY:

I have all kinds of things to catch up on. I didn't really watch anything yesterday and was too tired last night. I did watch Outlander on Saturday (just love that show!). But I need to catch up on The Good Wife, Call the Midwife, Grantchester, Game of Thrones, several cooking shows etc.


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs, pasta, garlic bread and caesar salad


TUESDAY: breakfast for dinner


WEDNESDAY: soup, sandwich, salad night


THURSDAY: grilled chicken, coleslaw, corn on the cob, potato side dish


FRIDAY:stuffed pork chops, baked potato, veggies








WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

May still look up something new to bake. May do a fish recipe for myself when I grab next groceries (i'm the only one in my family that likes fish - ugh)







TIP OF THE WEEK:

I have a card holder with my address book. If I see a good deal on cards, or one I really like - I keep them in there to use and keep track of friends and relatives birthdays. I also put certain ones I make in there too. It's a nice central location to go to and grab a card, for any occasion, as I need them.




FROM THE CAMERA:

Time for fresh flavors again! This is homemade salsa I made the other day and I'll be sharing the recipe on Thursday's post. Photo is from my instagram.




I've been doing more of this - yay! Sitting outside to journal. Probably even do more of it today. ;) Photo is from my instagram.





In my northwoods it's a very normal occurrence to have black bears come into to town to visit in the Spring (when they're up from hibernating) and in the Fall before they go back to hibernate. In the heart of summer they're off in the deep woods eating berries and things. Town can have easy food for them when they target bird feeders and garbage cans. There's never truly been any danger and they're more of a nuisance really. They're just something we're very used to where we live. However, for a couple of Springs now my Ruby has chased a baby black bear up a tree. So we do have to watch for that, because if big Mama were to come following - Ruby could be in trouble. We just get her back in the house until we know the baby bear has gotten down and moved on its way. Well, Ruby chased one this weekend in the woods next to our yard. In this video if you look by the dangle on our wind chime off in the distance, in the white birch, you can see baby bear finally crawling back down. The video is even more clear on my instagram.




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:





I'm back to the season of bears and sunscreen in my northwoods! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

14 comments:

  1. We had a black bear in our yard last night!
    He was big!!!
    Always enjoy visiting with you, my friend.
    Just as if I were with you on your beautiful patio. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Guess you can relate with the black bear world too. Lol Love our visits too - your porch and my deck. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the changing seasons and the change of sports! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the warmth and not being in a rink as much Amy! Lol Thanks and blessings. xoox

      Delete
  3. Bears are a common occurrence here too. Comes with the territory. You're right about the mama bear protecting her cub. They're not really dangerous unless their little ones are threatened (or they perceive a threat). Best to be safe.

    I saw the video. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen. ;) Yep, something we're used to and know when to stay out of the way and not put out our bird feeders etc. ;)

      Blessings xoox

      Delete
  4. Love Susan Branch's books also! That bear, exciting and scary at the same time! lol :-) My journal has been collecting dust in a box somewhere... I miss writing in it but still getting things sorted. :-) Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love catching up with you Jill. ;) Now you need to get that journal out and sit on your gorgeous property and journal away! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  5. You have the bears and sunscreen season; we have the brown snakes and sunscreen season. It's a jungle out there in the Summertime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love it Trish!! Yes, I guess it is quite a jungle out there. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi! Just popping back over for a minute, my daughter tagged me in a little questionaire to share and so I'm tagging you back :-) If you're interested in participating here's the link. http://blessingsofastayathomemom.blogspot.com/2016/05/text-tag.html Thanks Carrie! Have a great night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much for thinking of me! I'm so behind in blogland and we're getting ready for a big tourney weekend ahead - so busy around the house too. NOt sure I'll get to it - but again thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you are getting such beautiful weather! Spring has sprung for you FINALLY!

    I love that Ruby is so brave to protect her family by chasing the bear (baby or not) away.LOL I really miss the bears, deer, moose and rabbits especially from the U.P.!

    I absolutely adore your carton too - so cute!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it exciting to get the gardening things out of the shed? I plan to get that done this weekend! Can't wait :)

    Have a great week!

    Sherry http://bygloryalone.blogspot.com/2016/05/happy-homemaker-monday-may-2nd-2016.html

    ReplyDelete