Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good Morning Friends! 


I can't believe we're back to Monday already! Wow! It was a good busy weekend with my son's hockey tourney....but also the accomplishing of tasks around the house a bit too. All and all it was a lovely weekend but it flew by fast. Hope you had a wonderful weekend too and are ready for this new week ahead!




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Sunny and beautiful out right now. 76* and supposed to get into the mid to upper 80's! The heat wave continues around the northwoods.










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Some yogurt and glass of vanilla iced coffee.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Bright blue sky. Big puffy white clouds. And when I was watering my flowers I could still see the moon out....even though it was sunny & bright. Pretty cool.






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Just listening to the last of the Outlander podcast. I love hearing Ronald D. Moore talk about the making of each episode. I FINALLY took the time to sit down and watch the finale for this season & it was SO good!!  I'm also planning out my day as we're having a Christmas in July party today - July 25th! Yay!! Jingle Bells,  Deck the Halls, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire - bring it all on! We're ready for some Christmas in July for one day only. ;)  My Mom is coming over and we're going to listen to the music, do holiday crafts, some baking and maybe even watch a Christmas movie! Love it!!







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Fairly tidy - but still needs a good deep clean. I have a wonderful best friend that's visiting this week from California. She's always been like a sister to me and we grew up across the street from each other and have known each other our whole lives. We have been best friends for so many years and about as close as 2 friends get - going through so much together in our lives. Unfortunately for me, she found her happiness and prince Charming out in California and has lived out there for around 20 years now. We still make efforts to keep regular contact and visit each other every few years. Her Dad and step Mom still live here so that gets her here too. I'm so excited to see her and may be hosting a friend gathering here this week - so need to get to that clean up!













ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Probably work on the house more tonight after the "Christmas" festivities. Laundry, whatever dishes we make, dust, scrub,vacuum, swiffer, give the bathrooms love, change some sheets etc. 








CURRENTLY READING:

I've started a book and still also catching up on magazines and reading some crafting library books.







ON THE TV TODAY:

Some cooking shows. Big Brother. I'm way behind in America's Got Talent. We've been having some fun watching the old game shows they've been bringing back to prime time.   I have caught up on the Great British Baking Show on PBS. Just love that one!

 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: turkey and trimmings. slow cooker turkey breast over stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberries, corn etc. We're also baking Christmas cut-outs today and some almond bars (I usually only do at Christmas time).


TUESDAY: leftovers - turkey melt sandwiches


WEDNESDAY: sausage breakfast pizza over hasbrown crust


THURSDAY: grill night - or may be hosting friend gathering



FRIDAY: might be girls night out with my friend







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Scrapbook catch up. Working on some cards.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure about any new ones this week.




TIP OF THE WEEK:

This is a rule my hubby wished I would follow! Lol




FROM THE CAMERA:










Some photos from our bay. I went down to try out our new dock (our old one was so rough and we invested in a floe dock that is adjustable). We've had some crazy storms here lately - I'm sure in part due to the weird hot weather - so it's made for amazing clouds like in the top photo.




My daughter had a friend over and was downstairs and too lazy to come up and talk to me. This is a typical conversation with us now that she's reaching the "tween" years. Lol! I'm so uncool now. 


My "uncool" stained glass window selfie. ;) 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.






18 comments:

  1. Hope you and your friend have a great visit. Your hash tag text with your daughter is hilarious and Beautiful Selfie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Row! My daughter can be something else sometimes. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your tip of the week. I need to work on that. Happy monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You and me both Heather! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. LOVE Your Selfie!!!!!!!
    And Merry Christmas! In July. : )
    Peyton and Flynn are doing cut out cookies this very moment. : )
    Enjoy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo!! And thanks again for inspiring me to start this tradition too. We had SO much fun!! It was great and what fun to be eating leftover Christmas cut outs in July. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty uncool too! I love your stained glass selfie. Have an amazing week, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay and "uncool" Mom's of Blogland unite!! Lol Thanks Joanna! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. That text was too funny! Your selfie is beautiful :-) We've been having nonstop house guests and my to do list is so very long! Hayley's best friend leaves Wednesday and we have more house guests Friday-Monday! Summer is just flying by. Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! Thanks so much! ;) And boy are you guys ever busy with visitors!! But I don't blame family and friends for wanting to come and see your beautiful new home!! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  6. It seems like you are having a wonderful summer so far. I love the idea of Christmas in July, sort of...I think I'd prefer a 4th of July in December more ;) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I never thought of July 4th in December Jean! You could be on to something there. It could feel equally naughty to grill burgers and have coleslaw and summer salads with strawberry shortcake for dessert! Maybe watch some of our old home movies - but only of summertime and July 4th parades etc.
      Blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  7. It must have been hard for you when your friend decided to stay in California, I think about how my daughter's bff must feel, with her in Singapore. True friendship never dies, but nonetheless, it's hard to be apart.

    The text cracked me up #urverycool #dontcarewhatanniesays #lovetheselfie. #ican becooltooright?

    ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Doreen! I was so happy she found all of her happiness, but couldn't help but think "did it really have to be so far away?" ::sigh:: But so true that BFF's are forever!!

      #ofcourseyouarecooltoo #doreenrocks #hashtagqueensforever

      Delete
  8. WOW serious heatwave for you guys! I hope it mellows out.

    LMBO at the text exchange between you and your daughter!!! YAY for #COOLMOM

    I hope you have a great time catching up with your friend. It's so great to have a friend from childhood - I truly believe they know you best. I'll be seeing mine in a couple weeks. We don't see each other as often these days, but text all the time and play "words with friends" every day LOL.

    Have a great week my friend.

    PERFECT advice for staying uncluttered! I think I'll print it and put it on the refrigerator as I'm into the 4th month of minimizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! And yay for reuniting with besties of old!! ;) And thanks for celebrating my "coolness" #blogbuddiesarethebest

      I think you LIVE that lifehack advice my Friend! You're my hero!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  9. So wonderful to spend time with your best friend, Carrie. Those old friendships are the best - there's always something to remember and laugh about. Oh, oh, now you are the uncool Mommy. They make fun of you for the rest of your life, I hope you know that. Lol! Well, until they become a Mom and then you are cool again :) Have fun with your friend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen!! I'm loving catching up with my sweet Bestie of old. We just pick up right where we left off. ;)

      I remember now when I thought my Mom was SO uncool. And now she's the first one I go to for advice. It's so funny how it's full circle like that isn't it? Lol

      Blessings! xoxo

      Delete