Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer Seasonal Banner

Happy Thursday Friends! 


The weekend is almost here - we're so close now. I'm already thinking weekend thoughts and I'm ready to go have some more summer fun! We have been blessed with the most wonderful weather so far (which trust me, does not happen often or for a length of a time in my northwoods). ;)  So we have been enjoying every minute soaking it up and doing lots of fun things like walks, going to the park, bike rides, pontoon rides, BBQ's, pickle ball or badminton games, drawing with chalk, jumping on the trampoline...I could go on and on. Loving it so much! So I decided to celebrate this wonderful season with a sweet little banner for my office room.













The inspiration for the colors I chose was the little framed photo underneath it. That frame has little magnets that holds different seasonal digital 8x8 scrapbook pages I made to switch it out, which also decorate the office seasonally.








I used my trimmer to cut out little squares with my 2 colors of background papers.
















I took little triangle banner pieces I had and adhered them to the squares.















I then used letter stickers to spell out "summer" on the banner pieces and used a hole punch to put holes in the tops of the squares.

















I then added a couple of cute summer bee stickers to a couple of the squares to be on each end of the banner. I threaded some ribbon through through the holes and tied each square off so it would hang better.








And now I have a lovely little colorful banner to brighten up my space all season long! I hope you're thinking summer thoughts today too!! 

I know I often share a recipe on Thursdays, but I will be sharing some tomorrow for my Friday 5 (including that amazing strawberry pie!). 


Today I'm sharing this summer fun with Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home.










5 comments:

  1. What a fun banner! You did a nice job! We have had some absolutely lovely weather here as well. Sometimes it gets slightly hot, but after the winters we experience, I certainly don't feel like complaining! I wish it could stay this way for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I agree - we need to celebrate summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I really like the little bees at either end! A great way to celebrate summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Your weather sounds fantastic. today's high here is 108 BLAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete