Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tuesday Update

Hello dear wonderful Blogland Friends! 


I missed Happy Homemaker Monday yesterday - so I thought I would do my own little abbreviated version as a way to still keep track of my week and say hello to all of you! ;)  


Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom and my Annie, as we didn't get to go for black Friday (which is often our tradition). My kiddos didn't have school yesterday - so Annie was free and excited for girls' day out! We had lots of fun and got lots accomplished.  Then we did lots of Christmas decorating around here!


THE WEEK AHEAD:


I have a busy one as always - Lol.  We have my son's hockey game tonight. I have a dentist appointment this week. Visits with my MIL. I need to get groceries and hope to do some cooking for my FIL by the end of the week. I have a bit of decorating left in my home and then I'm going to be helping my Mom over at her place.  I'm finishing Christmas cards and working on packages I need to mail out, as I want to send all by the end of the week. Tis the season for busy, busy, busy -but in lots of fun and wonderful ways.





THE WEATHER AND THE MENU:

The weather today is gray and rainy. We've had a lot of rain lately and all of our snow has melted. Looks like it's going to be pretty mild this whole week (for my northwoods, anyway) - with temps mainly in the 30's to 40's with some rain and maybe a bit of snow, but we won't accumulate too much.  For me it feels so weird...and it's harder to feel Christmasy. We usually have quite a bit of snow already - or it's at least much colder. It feels like Fall and yesterday felt like Spring as it was in the 50's and rainy!



MENU:


TUESDAY -  something quick and easy due to Aaron's game. Maybe grab subway or go somewhere else when we're out & about. 



WEDNESDAY - ravioli bake, garlic bread, salad or veggies 



THURSDAY - breakfast for dinner. Eggs, toast, waffles, hashbrowns, sausage and fruit 



FRIDAY - need groceries so don't have a plan for the weekend yet. 






PROJECTS:

I have some fun holiday projects I'm starting to put together. I'm also trying to finish up my Christmas cards as I want to mail them out early this year!  I've started getting the gifts I've purchased so far together...and yesterday I picked up wrapping paper, bows etc and have started to wrap gifts as well. I'm looking forward to being ahead of the game so I can enjoy the season more slowly. Do more holiday baking, go to a holiday concert or 2, visit others. Just take it in and enjoy. 






TIP OF THE WEEK:




So true and so wonderful!!






PHOTOS:




Of course putting out lots of the real reason for the season. I got 2 big new angels at Hobby Lobby that I just love and put on top of the entertainment center in the den. And of course my nativity that my Mom made for me  - so special!




One of Annie's favorite parts of the season - the advent calendar. Ours is this little "cabin" I got at Target years ago. Each day the kiddos open a door and there's either a little candy - or a slip that says "see Mom". If it's a slip I go to my hiding place and bring them a little trinket or book for the season. 





I haven't decorated outside yet, but I got some new candles to put in the windows and I love them!





The "fancy" upstairs tree. This is my baby and I decorate it each year with white lights and with decorations to match the color and decor of my home. I changed it up this year a little and added tulle instead of ribbon - and a bead garland (like jewelry for the tree) and new poinsietta flowers - along with all the ornaments. I think of it like me...or like I was once. A December bride in all of her finery.





And the downstairs (media room) tree that holds white and colorful lights both. We decorate it together and it has all of our ornaments from through the years. Annie is my girl and enjoys going down memory lane with each one. Did I mention I love Christmas?? ;) 





My sleepy Ruby this AM. It's a gray sleepy day today. 



Some fun video clips of the recent Bryan Adams concert I went to with a group of girlfriends. It was so fun as several of us had gone to see him when he came to our area many years ago.One of the girlfriends there was part of the group I went with way back then.  Most of us were the same age at the time (14 years old) and thought it was so fun to relive our youth for a night!! Lol! He sounded amazing!! It was a lot of fun. 
















QUOTE OR INSPIRATION:


Image result for holiday season inspirational quote



Wishing you a blessed week ahead! xo








6 comments:

  1. Your upstairs tree must feel very special - exactly as you did on your wedding day.

    I don't know how you do it all. If I had to worry about dinner for a family every night, I'd probably have a case of the vapors - just like the Southern belles in Antebellum days.

    I don't know if you receive notification when I respond to your comments on my blog, so take a look. I had a question which needs an answer.

    Gotta run. Busy like you, Dear Lady, but I'm only making potato soup for dinner.

    Blessings on you and your dear little family.


    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great week and that all is as well as it can be for your MIL and for your FIL too with his first Christmas of them not being together all the time in their home. As I think of things here I think of things there with you too, the same but different. Your trees and decorations are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can find a picture of our former tree, I'll show you. I think you'll be amazed at how similar it is to yours!

    We went to a hockey game Saturday night with the boys. College level. Thought of you :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are beautiful! I;m so happy for you that you got a GIRLS day.

    I'm sitting here working on my Christmas cards too! I'm really hoping to have them done by the weekend. The carpet layers called this morning and moved up our installation day to tomorrow. While I'm really excited it it also throws a HUGE kink into my weekly tasks.

    Have a GREAT week sweet lady. I'm glad you popped in for an abbreviated HHM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations look nice.

    We've had unseasonably warm weather as well...and I'm so happy for that. It's not often I get to do my running outside in a t-shirt with December quickly approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trees are gorgeous and cozy! I love the angel. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete