Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wednesday Wonder

Hello my Friends! 


Happy Wednesday to All! And to those of you whom celebrate Thanksgiving - happy day before we gobble 'til we wobble! ;)  


I've got my pretty Fall lights and candles glowing. The snickerdoodle dough that will go on top of the apple pie is chilling, the various kinds of bread for my homemade stuffing have been cut up and toasted and are waiting for the next steps, and the pecan pie (with crust from scratch) is baking away as I type this and smells delicious! That just leaves the calico beans and broccoli salad stuff to prep yet, and I'll make the cranberry sauce tomorrow. Then we'll head off tomorrow afternoon to the BIL and SIL's house to gather, pray in gratitude for our blessings and dig into a feast! I'm so thankful for blessings - including you friends!! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving. Here's some pics from around my home and some fun vintage Thanksgiving ones from pinterest. 

**PS: if you haven't entered for my blogaversary giveaway yet (I'm drawing for it on Friday) please do so here.




HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




The above photos are from Annie's garden before the snow hit.












Can  you smell that yumminess?? ;) 





























Also, today is Happy Birthday to my Hubby - one of my favorite turkeys in the whole wide world! xo









8 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthday to your man!
    And Happy Thanksgiving to a kindred spirit. : )
    Everything sounds and looks amazing.
    Enjoy, my friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Carrie's Husband. Someday I'd like to know your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! Snickerdoodle dough on top of apple pie??? Yummy!

    I hope you will consider joining in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups on my blog:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish with all my heart and soul that you and your family have a peaceful, joyous and wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish that here in the UK we had a day to thank the Universe for all our blessings, and not just the presents we want to receive. How wonderful to have a holiday to bring the family together, just for the sake of being together. it must be awesome. Please enjoy it. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so delicious! Have a blessed and very happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend. And happy Birthday to your favorite turkey too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks perfect for your Thanksgiving Carrie! Enjoy your day ... by now you are probably wobbling from the gobbling ;)
    Happy Birthday to your husband!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wobbling yet? Damn girl...with all that food I bet you are lol.

    Happy birthday to your hubby, the cutest turkey I've ever seen :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you guys had a very delicious Thanksgiving! Happy birthday to your husband--nice hat! I saw a couple of those at the Hungry Turkey 5K I ran in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete