Monday, February 6, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday my Friends! 


Here we are jumping into a new week again already! The weekend flew by and it was a busy but fun one in the northwoods.  Our son had hockey - they lost :(. We spent all day Saturday at our daughter's volleyball tourney (they took 2nd in their pool!) and yesterday was Super Bowl action. Even though I wasn't invested in either team it was a very exciting game and the commercials were fun too. ;) And I thought Lady Gaga was pretty awesome at halftime!! We had friends over and ordered pizza and my girlfriend and I made lots of goodies to last throughout the game. And I made a Boston cream poke cake for dessert that was a yummy hit!  

Now on to this next week ahead...




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Gray and cloudy. We're supposed to get another 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight. It's in the 20's, but after we get snow the temps are supposed to drop into the teens for most of the rest of the week.









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Whole wheat toast and coffee.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Watching the morning news while I type this up. Ruby is snuggling with me on the couch.  








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

We had gotten a little bit of fresh snow again over the weekend so everything is coated so clean and pretty in white as I gaze out my window. 





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


It's very nice and clean as even Hubby helped pitch in on cleaning over the weekend for folks coming over for the game. He also helped me get more of the Christmas tubs down so we could put away the last of some of the angels, candles and bit of Christmasy stuff that was still around. I did leave just a few snowmen around and I got out my Valentine's decorations. ;) 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Several things going on this week ahead. My son's hockey game. My daughter has hockey and volleyball practice. I'm meeting up with some Ladies that I used to work with on the PTA  at my kiddos' old school to catch up and give them info about the carnival I used to organize there every year. I'm getting a haircut (yay!). I"m playing wallyball this week too. Also the weekly usuals of the kiddos' religious educ. classes and visiting my MIL. 










CURRENTLY READING:


I finally got the newest Harry Potter (The Cursed Child)








ON THE TV TODAY:


A lot of the regulars - Shark Tank, cooking shows taped, Valentine's Hallmark movie, Grey's Anatomy, Kids Baking Championship, This is Us, American Housewife...












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: penne pasta and red sauce, garlic toast, salad





TUESDAY: hockey game - easy dinner out (like Subway)






WEDNESDAY: breakfast for dinner







THURSDAY: if I get to grocery store for a couple of things - pork chops, baked potatoes, veggies and stovetop sauteed cinnamon apples.








FRIDAY: taco salad, fruit plate


** If I get to grocery store I might make a new recipe I found for no bake chocolate strawberry icebox bars that sound fabulous (and I can at least have one bite of! - Ha!)










WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

More jewelry, cards, scrapbooking things (more of the same this week).







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

potentially the strawberry icebox bars







TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

 

Good to know anything that helps! Lol I finally got my new fitbit (my other one had died) - so back on track over here (minus one super bowl party of goodies).











FROM THE CAMERA:


Treated myself to some pretty valentine roses.









volleyball action with our Girl!



The perks of a Daddy who is having a new office building built for himself is to "play" with some of the toys his builder guys leave around. ;) I have video of this in action on my instagram. 


And here's the building in progress.




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for spiritual inspiration

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


11 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady this week! I haven't played Wallyball in years or for that matter lived near anyplace that still had courts - sounds like a lot of fun!

    A Boston Poke cake sounds interesting. Will you be sharing the recipe?

    I thought Lady GAGA did a great job too. It was certainly an interesting action packed game!

    I love the action pictures of Annie's volleyball game. She really looks like she enjoys it.

    I ABSOLUTELY adore your inspiration this week! Stay warm and have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder - I started digging out my Valentine's decorations and then got completely side-tracked! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning!
    Your Super Bowl sounds yummy!
    Love your Valentine look here...
    Have a wonderful week, my friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your tip of the week just justified my 3rd cup of coffee this morning! My husband and I used to have a never-ending argument about whether snowmen were "Christmas" or okay to set out all winter long. I still have some snowmen out although I did get rid of my snowman front door wreath a few years back. Beautiful roses. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great week and enjoy your new Harry Potter book, I read it and enjoyed it so I hope you will too. The new building looks very exciting, great to be able to have a go with the tools too!! Hope all is as well as it can be for your visit with your MIL. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy week ahead, Carrie. I've never read any of the Harry Potter books, but I just found 3 of them at the thrift store, so they are waiting for me to find time :) All of my relatives are from New England so there were lots of happy faces on Facebook yesterday. We turned the game off after half-time because we thought they would lose - boy were we surprised! Hope your MIL is doing well. Congrats to your hubby on the new office building - it looks like it is going to be wonderful. I've always wanted to play on one of those lifts :) Your daughter looks so cute at her game and it is always nice to treat yourself to flowers. Love the quote - so timely. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you believe I never read Harry Potter or saw the movies? I know. I'm weird...

    So even though we live in New England I was hoping the Falcons would win. I mean come on already! Isn't it enough Brady is adorable and just happens to be married to my twin? Geez...

    I missed that video, but I'll look for it next time I'm on IG. What fun!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling Child. I don't believe you need any of my breakfast Wheaties. Sounds as if you've been busier than I.

    Loved the photos of the girls. They look so healthy and seem to be having a wonderful time.

    Your roses are beautiful. We have to feed our souls as well as our bodies, do we not?

    Sounds as if you are doin a much better job of watching your health than I am. I'm just too busy right now to think about it. I have psychosomatic wellness, so that's okay.

    Would love to send you some sunshine and warm weather. We're expecting 60's today.

    Keep up your good work, my little caretaker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The roses are beautiful! That building is going to be amazing when it's done, how exciting!! Great pictures of the girls and hopefully Spring will soon be arriving there and warming things up. ;-) Have a great afternoon!

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about lady Gaga as my hubby says she's killed it. your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy week! That's a great idea of having breakfast for dinner. I remember my Mom doing that when I was young. It was such a treat...and surprise. Your husband's office building looks like it will be very nice when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete