Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday Friends! 


I hope you had a wonderful weekend! It was a good one here. It was filled with a little snow (boo) - but I know how living in the northwoods in February works, so I wasn't surprised. Areas around us got a LOT and so I'm thankful we just got a few inches. A few more is predicted tomorrow too, but then it looks pretty clear again for a while. 


This past weekend we also had my daughter's big volleyball tourney! Her team started out a bit slow (as they were missing some players), but then they found their stride and went on to take 1st place in the Silver Division! Not too shabby. She loved playing and was excited to get a medal to add to her collection. ;) 


We also started on a project around here (our laundry room) with success. Still some work to do. More on that later. On to the week ahead! 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


In the low 30's and cloudy. The sun does play peek-a-boo once in a while.  Looks like some we may get 2 or 3 inches of snow tomorrow. Then the week ahead looks like 20's and 30's but free of snow. Next weekend may get in the 40's again! Yay!









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


1/2 a plain bagel with lite veggie cream cheese and coffee.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


I'm actually listening to a couple of things at once. I'm listening to a meditative kind of Christian station on pandora, while listening to a Johnnie Lawson nature video at the same time. So right now it sounds like pretty sounding singer and guitar music is singing next to a stream with birds chirping away. Pretty cool. ;) 







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sun is peeking out right now! Come on sunshine! And it seems bright out as we'd had such little snow before that I'd gotten used to that. Once everything is covered with snow it really brightens up again. When the sun shines it's almost blinding! 




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Still pretty tidy, but I need to load the few dishes from last night. Next load of laundry ready to go in too! But it's nice and bright in my living and dining room as I sit and type this up. I've already got meatballs cooking in the slow cooker for tonight.









ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

I want to call some loved ones and catch up. Doing a fun day with my Mom. Daughter's volleyball and hockey practices on different nights. Ash Wednesday mass this week. Visit my MIL. Cook for my FIL. Get groceries. Exercise time! Might do more shoveling today (back deck needs it!).










CURRENTLY READING:


I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to start Cursed Child book yet, or another one I've had lined up to read. Plus, I still have a fun pile of magazines I've been catching up on too. 









ON THE TV TODAY:


So many good shows - so little time! There are so many shows on different subscribed services and series I'd love to binge watch and catch up on. I don't know which ones I'll actually proceed with yet though. I've got some cooking shows taped right now and a few movies on my DVR. Plus, I'm still catching up on Timeless. I did watch the Oscars last night - even though I didn't see a lot of the movies this year and wasn't too invested in anything. The mixed up ending with Best Picture was rather interesting. Lol











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: BBQ meatballs, alfredo pasta broccoli side dish, roasted butternut squash (didn't make on the weekend)



TUESDAY: pancakes, sausage/bacon, fruit





WEDNESDAY: Ash Wednesday - not sure for family...I will fast on this day (extra prayer & meditation along with fasting time)







THURSDAY: Annie cooks night: probably tacos (& some for my FIL)







FRIDAY: Lent so fish or non-meat for me - still deciding menu for family (nobody else likes fish in my Crew) 



**this weekend planning to make homemade chicken broth and then big pot of homemade soup with thick Amish noodles.













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

Still scrapbook catch up and a few other craft projects. Cross stitch too. Working on our laundry room. Took out old little utility sink we didn't ever use much. Hubby cut down and hid piping in the wall. Our laundry room is small - so not a lot of space for shelf or hanging space. We took out an old cabinet that came with the house and was too tall for me to reach. My Hubby is planning to put a fresh coat of paint in there and we've been looking at different shelving/ hanging systems to see what we want to do in there. And of course I want to make it cute too - so looking into something decorative I can hang in there too. ;) 







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Might make new recipe for easy homemade brownies tonight. 








TIP OF THE WEEK:

Do you think this works? 

 











FROM THE CAMERA:
 My Girl in action - hitting one over



Serving! Still working on her overhand serve.



Winners of the Silver Division!



Goofy shot







My Northwoods went back to looking like this over the weekend



Annie's buddy slept over and they enjoyed playing in the new snow the next day (Ruby too!)


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for lent inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. You have quite a bit of snow there still! That's so true about the sun coming out when there's snow on the ground and it being almost blinding. We're having pancakes too on Tuesday evening before Ash Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of snow, I'm hoping it stops for you. This weather is insane. Your menu looks amazing as always. I also had to chuckle at your comment about so many shows and so little time, that's how I feel haha

    Have a wonderful week friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a loving, caring wife, mother, in-law, and friend. You are truly putting stars in your crown. Can't think of anyone I admire more than my little Carrie Blogbuddy.

    Congrats to Annie on her volleyball championship, and how about a photo of her dinner next Monday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy! I'll have to remember to get a pic of Annie in cooking action one of these days! ;)

      Delete
  4. I just love Easter and the time of Lent leading up to it. God blessed us with a good surgeon for Arnie and today they closed the last wound. Now he can have real food, a soft diet, and that will help him get his strength back. The surgeon was a man of great faith too.
    You have a lot planned for this week!
    I think I will make haddock on Friday, but I could go for a walleye.
    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margot! I'm so happy that things are looking better for Arnie now. God is good!! I love this season of Lent too...and definitely Easter. Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. it was my first time visiting your blog, and it what pleasure it was!
    thank you for the post..all the photos and descriptions were so lovely.

    and about the tip.
    i have heard so many tips. some are assumed to worked, some were pranks to try to make you do silly things.
    however, i'm yet to find one that is effective.
    next time.
    i'll remember this!

    thanks again for sharing!
    blessings to you..

    ashley
    www.likenootherjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and kind comments Ashley! I will have to come and check out your blog too. ;) Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Congrats to your daughter and her team on their win! Just curious, has your winter been normal then? Ours has been so different this year. Not too sure about that hiccup cure, I find drinking from the opposite side of a glass (over the sink!) works great for me. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! No our Winter has definitely not been normal for us. It's been unseasonably warmer many days and we have had far less snow. I can't say as I'm complaining though. Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your daughters volleyball tournament! first place wow! I love your devotional and just realized I have to switch up my menu. I always look forward to lent. When I get the hiccups the one thing that works for me is covering a glass of water with a washcloth , holding it tight while I take long slow gulps all in a row. hasn't let me down yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Row! Love your interesting hiccup cure! Lol xo

      Delete
  8. How exciting for your daughter and her team! Sounds like you have a busy week as usual. We've had snow the last couple of days, too. I'll be glad to get some warmer weather. I like how you plan out your menu in advance. I need to be more committed......Geez, I haven't had the hiccups in forever. Watch - I'll be eating my words....Sending hugs and blessings for your week. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear friend!
    It looks lovely around here...
    Yay for your dear daughter and her teammates!!
    AND THAT SNOW??
    So beautiful.
    Have an awesome Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS to Annie and her team - how exciting to do so well after a slow start!

    Remembering well (and really missing it too) Spring in the Northwoods. I used to Love when that sun made an appearance even for a few minutes to brighten things up.

    I have never heard of that hiccup cure - will have to remember to try it next time.

    I recently splurged on a King Cake before Lent. Have a GREAT and blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a fresh new snow. I think ours is finished for this winter. Congrats to your daughter on her silver win!! She and her teammates look really pleased and happy. I would L.O.V.E. a new laundry room. Mine couldn't even be considered a "room", just the other side of the basement. It's awful. Really. Really. Awful. So I'm looking forward to seeing what you have done to change yours ;) Have a great day!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete