Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello Friends!


Another week is upon us and we find ourselves at another Monday. Where did the weekend go? It was a quick one but quite nice here. We got some things accomplished around home. Little grocery run. Watched my son's hockey game. Went out to dinner with Friends and then came back to our house and played cards while our kiddos played and hung out. Some hockey practices thrown in and before we knew it the weekend was over! One sad thing is that my MIL had a rough fall at her facility and even needed some stitches. She seems to be doing well now though. Any prayers & good thoughts sent her way are greatly appreciated. She wears a special anklet that sets off alarms - but she's such a wanderer and sometimes stumbles into trouble.  Our health care workers are so important and do so much - all while often short staffed. A big struggle in our country in my opinion. Health care has become such big business and some changes are so needed. 


I digress though - now on to this week ahead. 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Partly cloudy, but bright and sun pops through now and then. It's supposed to get up in the 40's today! And this week looks really mild overall. Kind of crazy for this time of year in my northwoods. Cooler day Wednesday, but otherwise, 30's and 40's all week and maybe even close to 50 on the weekend! Feels like Spring to us - crazy weather!! (however I'm NOT complaining) ;) 









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Fruit, string cheese and some coffee.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to some devotional kind of music and going to take some time for that and meditation after I do this post. I've been doing house chores this AM and playing with Ruby outside throwing snowballs for her. 







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Due to mild weather on the weekend we've had more snow melt already - so the piles are going down. It's still nice and bright - with the sun glowing on our current snow.  





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Nice and tidy overall.  A few more jobs to accomplish, but not too bad. 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

A lot of the usuals. Daily chores. Visit my MIL. ONe kiddo appointment. Kiddo practices and religious ed. More scrapbook work and my office/craft stuff. Daily workout time. Hoping to tackle some of the kitchen and go through cupboards - clean out, scrub and then organize. I do have a fun day planned with my Mom for some shopping fun and maybe a nice lunch out. 










CURRENTLY READING:


I finally got the newest Harry Potter (The Cursed Child) however, I still haven't started reading this. I found an old book I hadn't finished plus doing some magazine catch up. But I will dive into H.P. before this month ends!








ON THE TV TODAY:


I caught up on Grey's Anatomy and some cooking shows. Still have some others to catch up on. Plus, I taped the move Me Before You and I'm excited to watch that. I wanted to read the book first but didn't get to it. 












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: didn't have it last week so - taco salad (the old fashioned kind my Mom used to make with french dressing and doritos) :)  Kiddos will probably just have regular salad as they don't like taco salad.  Might throw in easy pizza rolls for them too. 




TUESDAY: sloppy joe sliders, veggie pasta salad, cherry hand pies - because Valentine's Day of course. 






WEDNESDAY: Annie cooks night (something new we're trying) so probably grilled cheeses and soup.







THURSDAY: use up some eggs (scrambled or make little omelets), polish sausage (I grew up with this being our breakfast meat sometimes), fruit, muffins or toast.








FRIDAY: potentially beef stroganoff over egg noodles (over brown rice for me), veggie side dish, dinner rolls. 


**If I still have some yeast I may make another loaf of easy dutch oven bread.













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

More jewelry, cards, scrapbooking things (more of the same this week).







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I recently pinned some recipes for homemade Hamburger Helper. I used to make hamburger helper when Addie and I were first married and I was still working on becoming a cook and there were some we actually really liked. However, they're so filled with sodium, preservatives etc - I like the idea of controlling the ingredients and going down memory lane with one of these homemade versions. So I may need to add these to the plans for next week. 







TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

Okay, is it just me or does this seem like a bit much? I think I'd feel silly asking someone to pose with an item and telling them it's so I make sure they return it to me.  What's your thoughts on this one? 












FROM THE CAMERA:
My favorite car buddy on later night hockey pick up runs.


Did you catch the amazing moon over the weekend? I snapped some (not great) photos from the car on a hockey pick up run. Here it is right behind the yellow light and as big and bright as the big street light on the right!



Heading over the bridge to Minnesota and all the pretty city lights at night.



More gazing at the moon. Do you see my speedometer sharing my speed on the road in front of me. I have the option on my escalade to have some info show on the windshield and it looks like its on the road in front of me. I'm used to it this way and like it as I don't have to look down to check things. 



And back home from hockey run and had to get one last shot of the moon among the trees. I was obviously quite smitten with it. ;) 



A fun Valentine from Nana to kiddos and a lovely homemade Valentine sent from a dear blogging Buddy! Thanks Patsy! xoxo





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for valentine inspirational quotes


Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow from the Northwoods! xoxo 


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



16 comments:

  1. Yes, our health care workers are so important, especially those who care for the elderly. Prayers for your MIL's recovery. Your car buddy is so cute - the perfect companion on those runs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers Pamela - it means a lot to me. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. As I read your weather, I thought, "Hey! That sounds like what we're going to have here." Then I saw your photo of you heading into Minnesota. I live in the northeast metro area of the Twin Cities.

    At any rate, enjoyed reading your post. I enjoy watching Grey's Anatomy too. The medical cases they show are always so intriguing.

    Your dog looks like a great car companion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ann! So nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by! I'm going to pop over and spend some more time on your blog. I peeked quickly and love that we're practically "neighbors". I'm up in northern WI and our bridge heads over to Duluth, MN - so we're only a few hours from you. I have several relatives that live in Minneapolis and St. Paul, plus a close girlfriend. Also, we're in your neck of the woods for hockey a lot! Lol I'll add you to my "friends I visit" column so I'll know when you do new posts. Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Carrie,
    Happiest of Valentines Day!!!
    And I pray your Mother in Law is feeling better.
    I remember that same issues with my daddy.
    So hard.
    Hugs and love, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie Jo! When we go through these difficult times the comfort of knowing we don't do it alone is like salve on a wound. It's difficult and painful, but support and words from Friends like you that "KNOW" brings such comfort!

      I hope you have a lovely and blessed Valentines as well! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day to you dear Carrie. Your floral heart birdie plate has won my heart! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day as well Sweetie!! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more about health care Carrie. It's truly a shame what goes on in this country. It's definitely not a good place to be sick!

    I also agree with you about asking someone to pose with an item. That would be weird. If I cared that much about it, I wouldn't lend it.

    Nice idea to have cook night for Annie. Does Ruby have one too, ;)

    XXX

    (Good thing I proofread this. Sick was suck). LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen! I'm also grateful you proofread your post as I'm trying to keep it "G" rated here. :) Ha!

      I think Annie is going to do a great job with her cooking nights and I can't wait to add to her repetoire so one day I will hardly have to cook at all. (wink wink)

      Not sure about letting Ruby in on the cooking deal. All she'd make giant plate of bacon if left to her - and she probably wouldn't even save any for us!

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely post full of lovely things by a lovely lady.

    Loved your moon photos. I looked at the 2016 Moon schedule and saw the full moon on the 22nd, so I didn't give everyone a heads up last Sunday.

    So excited that Annie is going to be learning to cook. Do you think she'd like some easy recipes from those of us in Blogland?

    I agree with you about the reminder photo; HOWEVER, I do make a note on my book inventory when I lend a book, so I know who has it.

    Prayers for MIL. My daughter-in-law is going through the same thing with her mom. Thankfully, she has found a lovely facility which specializes in memory care. I want to live a long time, but only if I have my faculties.

    Happy week to you. Can't wait for the report from the Annie Cooks.

    Big Valentine Hug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentines Day! Your car buddy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day, Carrie! Love the vintage Valentine and the sweet hand-crafted ones on your mantel. Sending love and prayers for your MIL - poor thing. I am with you on the thoughts that our country needs to put its priorities straight and take care of the most vulnerable among us. I don't know why that is such a 'political' thing. If only we women ruled......:) Cherry hand pies sound so good and love the inspirational quote. Yea, I don't think I could take a photo of someone borrowing my things, but I suppose that would stop people from wanting to borrow things! haha! I could put up a bulletin board of all the photos, sort of like 'wanted' posters! Oh, that's bad.....I drove home from the grocery store with that beautiful moon right in front of me the whole way. Photos just don't do justice, do they? Cute little traveling companion you have! I love the idea of Annie's cooking night - so cute. I hope your day is filled with sweetness, my friend. Sending hugs and blessings xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers and understanding and massive hugs to you and your MIL and all of your family. I know and truly my heart is with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your MIL and will pray for her. Yes - health care certainly has issues right now. I don't think the government standards for staffing as nearly enough, and at the same time, CNA's make less money than if the worked at McDonalds, so it's hard to get help. Not good.
    I agree that taking photos of things borrowed seems a little over the top. Chery hand pies sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I did notice the moon this past weekend but it was very uncooperative in my attempts at capturing it in photos. Sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she makes a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete