Thursday, April 13, 2017

Annie in the Kitchen

Hello my Friends!  


I've been out running errands and gathering my Easter groceries! Think I'm just about all set. Now on to the cleaning, prepping and baking. Lol ;) But first of all prayer time. This is Holy Week to me and tomorrow is Good Friday. A somber day with my Jesus - so I will not be posting or be on any social media tomorrow. However, I hope to actually post a little on the weekend - so see you back again then. 


Now on to what I wanted to share today! My Annie has been helping more and more in the kitchen with her old Ma. ;)  We try to have an "Annie makes dinner night" often....but in between she's often my sous chef and I love it! So helpful!! And I love that I'm helping inspire a love of cooking in her too. I have several of the fun Gooseberry Patch cookbooks - and this one is really great!:






And there's a whole section in there just for cooking with kiddos! Here are a few of the recipes Annie and I have marked to give a try soon on some of her nights to make dinner. 















The bread recipes will be nice accompaniments with soups - especially tomato soup (one of Annie's faves)





I love how Gooseberry Patch always has some cute illustrations and helpful tips on most of their pages. 




Even a yummy fun dessert! If you need us - we'll be in the kitchen! xoxo



4 comments:

  1. You are teaching her well and making great memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gooseberry patch cookbooks although I admit I usually spend more time reading the little tidbits in the pages than actually cooking from them. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari is right. You're a great mom!

    Love the gooseberry books but I'm like Jean too :). Can't help it.

    Enjoy your weekend sweet lady!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CORN AND CORN MUFFINS
    BHG Jiffy Cooking

    1 14 oz pkg corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
    1 scant cup cream-style corn
    1 egg, beaten
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)

    Heat oven to 425°.

    Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir to blend.

    Pour into a greased 12-muffin cup tin. They’ll be about 2/3 full.

    Bake 12-15 minutes.

    This is for Annie. Quick and good. Will also be on my Sunday post.

    Easter hugs for all, P

    ReplyDelete