Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Good Morning Dear Friends! 


Finally taking a minute to sit down and work on this post. We had a wonderfully blessed holiday weekend, but I'm playing catch up around my home this AM. Plus, I have a sick kiddo at home too. I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend as well! 


 In the morning we attended mass, along with my Mom.  We had my Mom and my MIL & FIL over in the afternoon for dinner.  We'll be doing a belated Easter with my Dad and step Mom during the week. I forgot to take pics of the family around the table and just sat and enjoyed the meal.  But I was able to remember to take some pics of the table set up the night before. And we took some family photos after church. We had such a lovely day! Then last night I got some rest time after a first round of dishes loaded and snuggled with Ruby and watched an old movie (love those!) of Easter Parade with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. I was in my pj's early and it was another great holiday in the books! 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Gray and cold. Blech! Tomorrow looks like rain. And rest of the week only 40's and low 50's. However next weekend so far looks great with each day near the 60's and sunny! Let's hope!!









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


A piece of toast with lemon curd on top. Part of a banana and some coffee.







RIGHT NOW I AM:


I'm listening to some Praise & Worship music along with nature sounds of birds singing. ;)  






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Icky, gray and was sprinkling earlier. Our back yard is sure getting nice and green though!! Haven't spotted any bunnies and no birds on the bird feeder yet this moring. Maybe everyone is sleeping in today? 







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


I've done 2 loads of dishes so far and have one load left. Holidays are so worth it, though, and I love cooking and baking for my family! And my Hubby actually did the 2nd load for me. ;) I have laundry going and lots more to catch up. My kiddos did some deep cleaning in their rooms over the weekend and lots more laundry "materialized". ::sigh:: Everything else still pretty  clean from getting ready for Sunday dinner over here.  And I tidied up a bit this morning too. 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Things on my list this week include: both kiddos' soccer, Annie volleyball,hubby's hockey stuff, taking my Mom to her eye appointment, projects on my list, running errands, determined to work on my legacy box and start my Grandpa's album work.









CURRENTLY READING:


I keep bouncing back and forth between several books - if I actually focus on something I'll let  you know :P Lol! Also, magazines as usual. 








ON THE TV TODAY:


I did watch Call the Midwife last night. So good! I'm excited as it's Disney night on Dancing with the Stars - love that one!! I have a new show to watch: The White Princess. I watched The White Queen series several years ago and liked it. It's about the Tudor period in England - the War of the Roses and all of that history. It's basically how the women were the ones really running the show (of course) to have the power in Europe. Like a soap opera and lots of fun! The White Princess starts where that series left off. I have the first one taped and haven't watched it yet. Some cooking shows catch up yet too. I love watching the RV shows - where they show the awesome blinged out RV's and folks looking to buy them. I dream sometimes about a life one day like my dear Friend Doreen. (winking at you Lady) ;)  













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: break from Easter leftovers and doing parmesan chicken, pasta and veggie side dish



TUESDAY: ham and scalloped potatoes in the slow cooker (using up leftover Easter ham) 





WEDNESDAY: no Blue Apron this week either - will start back next week. Out this night with my Dad & step Mom



THURSDAY: stuffed pork chops, baked potatoes, salad





FRIDAY: Annie night? not sure yet














WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up











NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure - maybe something new on Annie's cook night






TIP OF THE WEEK:






FROM THE CAMERA:



Annie and I set the table all up Easter Eve.



A random shot of the fruit pizzas Annie made for yesterday.



Traditional after mass Easter photos.



I'm not this short - Lol! I'm bending over a bit behind my Girl. ;) 







Family totem pole? They always have to ham it up!



Rare shot of the elusive teenager that hates getting his picture taken! :P



After all the festivities - it's time to rest, right Ruby? 



Maybe a fun old movie??



"Oh sure Mom, I love this one!" 



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for family inspirational quotes

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.





21 comments:

  1. Ha! What a great quote especially for after a holiday gathering ;) Your table setting is beautiful! Sorry to hear you have one home sick, my son was sick last week and over the weekend. Hope the warmer weather and good health finds your house soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote does seem to fit, doesn't it Jean? Lol xo

      Delete
  2. Your Easter photos are lovely! Such cute napkin rings. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a busy week ahead! Your table setting is lovely; and I like the bunny napkin rings. The fruit pizza looks delicious. The family photos you took on Easter turned out nicely. What a good memory of family time on such a special holiday. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Another great Easter in the books. ;) xo

      Delete
  4. Carrie!
    I love the family photos!!!
    I am not sure I have ever seen your hubby and son here!!!
    Your Easter sounds lovely...
    Your table looks divine!
    Your day sounds so much like mine!!!!
    Have a great week, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! I don't have pics of "the boys" on here too often. They don't like getting their photos taken (& sshhhh- they don't even know I put them on here now). ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Haha! Cute quote! Love the sweet family photos:) A lovely family xx Your table is so pretty and those fruit pizzas look yummy. Ruby has such a hard life....Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Ruby sure does have it pretty good, doesn't she?? Lol! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Such lovely Easter posts. I'm not sure who had more fun - the kiddos with their Easter goodies or Mom, getting the Easter goodies ready.

    Such a great idea to leave clues and let them have the fun of discovery. Ruby even looks as if she's excited about the activities also.

    Your tablecloth is beautiful, and I was so glad to see a closeup of the embroidery.

    Your family is so lucky to have you, working your little bunny tail off to make the holiday special.

    Hope you get some rest this week, but it doesn't look too promising with all those errands on the list.

    Cold and gloomy here, too, but looking forward to sunshine later today.

    Your family photos were a delight and will be appreciated by your kiddos for years to come.

    Onward and upward, Dear One.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dearest Patsy! It was such a fun day and always worth the work for my loved ones. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  7. Oh I love all the photos, and your table looks so pretty! What great Easter. Even Ruby looks like she had fun : ) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Row! Hope your week has been good too. xoxo

      Delete
  8. I'm right there with you on the books, I can't seem to keep focus on one specific book, just a have a few going and bounce back and forth. Loved all your photos, you have a good looking family :)

    Hope you have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I swear I have mild ADHD as I can never focus on any one same thing for too long. Need to shake it up! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  9. I LOVE all the great Easter photos - looks like you had a great day! What a smart tip of the week - makes so much sense when you think about it. Have a fantastic week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Hope your week has been going great! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Nice to catch up with you Carrie :) Sounds like your Easter gathering was a lot of fun ... always worth the extra effort (and dishes!!). I never clean up dishes the day of my gathering because I like visiting with everyone more. I leave them till the following day and I can take my time all by myself to hand wash all my special china. It's rather soothing for me. Ruby looks like she's happy to sit back with a movie too! Great family shots!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I know what you mean - sometimes cooking or even doing the dishes can be a "zen" moment. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  11. I love the family photos! You look beautiful! Your husband and kids appear to have such fun personalities, I bet your house is a great place to hang out!
    Do you have an Etsy shop now? Is there a link to it somewhere on your blog?
    Old movies are the best! Just wish I could convince my husband... His idea of an old movie is "Dirty Dancing!" ha! ;)
    Hope your Easter was blest!

    ReplyDelete