Monday, April 24, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday to you Friends ~ 


I hope you are feeling ready to jump into this week!  We had a nice weekend here and had such beautiful weather on Saturday! Around 70 degrees!! And it happened to be my son's first prom too. ;) 


He looked so handsome and his girlfriend looked so pretty. They truly are an adorable couple. They're both only sophomores and many of the friends from their "group" did not go to prom this year. So they said they just wanted to do a dinner before hand together here, as they were doing photos in our backyard before the dance anyway. My son even asked if I'd make something for them, so they could still have something nice to eat. I found it all really sweet and gladly made them a fun meal and dessert. His GF's Mom & sister came over before the dinner and we all took photos of them all dressed up first.  Then they changed back into regular clothes to enjoy their pasta meal -  very smart to keep those dressy clothes nice and clean. Lol! A truly special chapter & memory for this Mom to keep in the scrapbook of her heart.  





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Cloudy and the sun is trying to peek out once in a while. It's windy and cold (in the 40's). Only going to be in the 40's and low 50's all week and some chances of rain and even rain/snow mix. We had that this past Sunday too! It was near 70 on Saturday and on Sunday cold with some flurries. Typical crazy northwoods  Spring weather! 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Toast with avocado on top. Coffee with coconut creamer.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Just enjoying the silence this morning. Such a rare thing around here sometimes. 






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Clouds are moving in again and it's more gray now. The trees are swaying in the wind and the bay is rippling with the breezes.







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty clean from the weekend because, as I mentioned, we had the company of my son's GF family over for the photos. They were so nice and they even enjoyed a little home tour. ;) I don't think my son's room looked that clean in long time.  Amazing the effect a GF can have on a dude! Lol Of course I'm still chugging away at laundry - my regular weekly chore that NEVER ends. ::sigh::  










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Lots of the usual. Home chores, run errands, work on projects, visit my MIL, kiddo sports (both kids' soccer, daughter's hockey and volleyball). 









CURRENTLY READING:


I keep bouncing back and forth between several books - if I actually focus on something I'll let  you know :P Lol! Also, magazines as usual. 








ON THE TV TODAY:


I caught up on some cooking shows. I also watched a Hallmark movie I had taped. We watched Billions & Survivor. I watched The White Princess, but need to catch up on Call the Midwife.













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: going to make it feel like Spring BBQ menu: grilled burgers, baked beans, kettle chips, fruit, veggies & dip, corn on the cob (frozen)




TUESDAY: chicken apple sausage sliced up (healthier than polish sausage we often have and still very flavorful) with veggies including: red potatoes, broccoli, green beans, red pepper, onion - all tossed with olive oil and herbs as a sheet pan meal




WEDNESDAY: Blue Apron back this week. BA meal: Spiced beef pita and garlic lebneh with arugula and date salad (kind of like a beef gyros)




THURSDAY: breakfast for dinner: eggs, waffles with fruit topping, sausage and breakfast potatoes, extra mixed fruit (Annie help night)





FRIDAY: Taiwanese-style chicken with jasmine rice, crispy shallots, and cilantro (Blue Apron meal) 



**other Blue Apron meal this week we'll eat on the weekend: spicy tomato and olive pasta with lemon ricotta and roasted broccoli side dish













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


Sheet pan meal will be a new one. Plus, I made an easy turkey slider recipe this past weekend that was SO yummy and I'll share soon.






TIP OF THE WEEK:


Get our book: https://goo.gl/tl5xre
I agree with this and that most servers work 
 hard for their tips...so I always try to be a great tipper!








FROM THE CAMERA:
Of course I had to share some prom pics! My handsome Boy. ;) 






Aren't they the cutest couple??









Enjoying their meal and toasting to their night! I did leave them alone after this and let them just enjoy each other's company. ;)  The menu was: lasagna pasta dish, garlic texas toast, caesar salad - and for dessert caramel swirl brownie sundaes.  






Prom Saturday was gorgeous and then Sunday brought this: snowglobe looking weather. Mother Nature needs to check into rehab or start taking her happy pills. 
 :P




It's so much nicer when it's lovely out and Ruby and I can soak up some rays!



PS: Annie went on the hunt for the elusive Starbucks Unicorn drink - and was unsuccessful. She had to settle for a Pokemon Go drink instead and a mini vanilla bean scone. ;) 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for spiritual inspiration quotes

10 comments:

  1. How sweet that your son wanted to include you in their Prom by having their dinner there. You're such a good mom. And how nice that the weather was perfect for their pictures and for them to be out driving in. LOVE that picture of them on the dock - so pretty!

    Excellent tip for the week AND LOVE that inspiration!!! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend you all had. Those prom days!! My son refused to go to his prom, but my daughter was all over that. Your son and his girlfriend make a sweet couple. And boy! does your son ever look like you ... identical smiles :) It's so nice when our kids still want to be with us when they're teens. Hang onto that while you can! Enjoy your week Carrie,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! How sweet of your son and his girlfriend to want to eat at your house. Please, kindly, keep that snow on your side ;) Yikes, hope spring settles on you for good now. Love your quote this week. Hope it's a wonderful one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos - what a lovely idea to have dinner at home. I'm so excited - I found a wonderful scrapbook group that holds regular crops - so much fun to crop with others and exchange ideas. Your Blue Apron meals sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet and such wonderful memories for both of you! They are such a cute couple and they looked so happy!!

    Lol'ing about Mother Nature and rehab :). We've had some dreary weather here too. Maybe we came back too soon?!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain/snow... oh no!! Love the prom pictures!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You raised an awesome son, my friend!
    And such a lovely evening you had for him and his girl.
    Beautiful photos!!!
    Pretty Mamma too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice weekend! I love the pics - they both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love those Prom pics - brought back memories of my boys on similar occasions - priceless! I do like the sound of your sheet pan vege meal - do tell us about it, please. Pretty little snowflakes, but I am sure you want to see the Springtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this week's post. So many fun things. Especially loved the photo of a stretched-out Ruby taken through the chair back and the comment about Mother Nature and rehab. One for the books.

    Your son looks so proud and excited to be dressed up and going to his first prom. I remember when only Seniors were allowed to go to Prom. You must be a proud mom. Great photos for your scrapbooking.

    I make your sheet meal with Summer Sausage or Kielbasa in a skillet and I call it Hillybilly Stir-fry. Maybe I'll make some this week. I really love it. The Blue Apron meals sound a little exotic for my down-home taste. I should maybe join the 21st Century.

    Hoping for sunshine the rest of your week. We're scheduled for more rain.

    Love to my Proud Little Mommy, P


    ReplyDelete