Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday





Hello dear Friends! 


Happy Monday and hope you had a lovely weekend. It was a busy one in the northwoods with kiddos' sports (both are in full swing with soccer) and my daughter's hockey. Thankfully no volleyball this past weekend, as I don't know where we would have fit it! Then running errands, groceries, more Spring cleaning of the rooms we hadn't gotten to yet, and of course church time too. My Hubby and I did have a fun date night at home, on Saturday, of movie and pizza - as both kiddos were out with friends. 


Oh one other fun thing - we got our deck furniture for the season! That's pretty early for my northwoods. But it's been so unseasonably lovely this year we felt it was pretty safe to do. Now on to the week ahead! 





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Today is really foggy and only in the 40's. The week ahead looks okay. Some chances of rain here and there, but some upper 50 degree days too. Maybe even 60 by the weekend! Yay!








ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Banana bread, yogurt with fruit and some coffee. My belly has been better and I'm taking probiotics now too. 









RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to Joshua Bell on Pandora along with nature sounds on youtube. 

 






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Hauntingly pretty fog all around. Might clear up by late this afternoon. 






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty clean from all the work we did this weekend. Already have more laundry going too. My daughter and her friends are playing tag and running around the house. My kiddos have Spring break this week so she had a couple of buddies sleep over. That's why I'm slower getting to this today. I was busy getting their breakfasts settled and talking about plans for today and the sports my daughter has this week. I was also playing games with them a bit too. ;) 








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

For Spring break week going to do a mall day with my daughter (& her friends) for fun. We're also going to have a road trip day with my Mom and take a scenic drive - where there are cute candy shops and coffee and antique shops too...all along the way. Do a fun lunch at a place we love. Just good girlie time. The teenager has several of his own plans. ;) Plus, going to visit my MIL with Annie this week. Make a meal and visit my FIL. Get Annie to some of her practices etc.  I also really need to catch up on visiting many of you today. As well as, I'm hoping to change up my header and things for April. Yay Spring!!









CURRENTLY READING:


I'm still finishing an interesting health book about personality styles and eating and healthy habits. Magazines of course. Newspaper each day and do the crossword and other puzzles.









ON THE TV TODAY:


Some cooking shows taped. Hallmark mystery movies. Amazing race is back for the season - yay! I want to watch the Good Fight (spinoff from the Good Wife), but it's a subscribed service and I'm not sure I want to do that. Ggrrrr. Why do they do that for so many shows nowadays??!! Oh, also Call the Midwife started back last night. I already watched it. Love that show so much!! 

 










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: still hadn't made the kale and cheddar quesadillas - so making those tonight (B.A. meal from last week), and easy pasta for the kiddos. 




TUESDAY: mall day and maybe fun dinner out





WEDNESDAY: Blue Apron delivery - fontina stuffed pork chops with roasted potatoes with pizzaiola sauce




THURSDAY: chicken under a brick with roasted veggies and Italian dressing (B.A. meal)






FRIDAY: hubby requested chili for a last time for the season so going to make that and cornbread and get some to my FIL too. I'll just eat salad and cornbread (no meat for Lent)


** on the weekend I'll make spinach and mozzarella pizza with olives, bell pepper, and ricotta salata (other B.A. meal in this week's delivery)















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Not sure how much I'll get to work on things this week with kiddos home on break. I have accomplished so much in my kiddos' school years scrapbooks more recently and I'm almost all caught up! I'm so happy!! I just need to organize their file folders a bit more (with their awards, artwork etc). It will be so nice to put that aside for a while and work on my many other projects! I did have fun at an antique store with a friend over the weekend and picked up some awesome treasures that I'm going to use to make more fun things for my store! I'm hoping to have it up and running by this month or next at the latest. Stay tuned! ;) 








NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Might bake something fun with Annie this week! 






TIP OF THE WEEK:


Do you think this actually works? I have binoculars I use often to check out birds in our yard. Lol







FROM THE CAMERA:
Getting things all Spring cleaned around here.



We had a beautiful day on the bay this past weekend. Warmer temps, sunshine, birds a singing! I took Ruby for a nice walk and recorded some of it along the way on my insta story if you happened to catch it. ;) 





True signs of Spring! Deck furniture, fire table, grill, wind chimes - love it all!!





Made another loaf of banana chocolate & butterscotch bread & brought some to my Mumsy this time too. ;) 



The bay this morning - closed in by the hauntingly pretty fog.




Welcoming April in my planner. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Love this - from my devotional yesterday. xoxo


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



8 comments:

  1. What a busy week, and such a newsy post. I sometimes wonder if I shot myself in the foot by starting a blog. Everyone knows what I'm doing, so I get way fewer phone calls now. Ever think about that?

    I don't know how you keep up with all the activities with both upper and lower generations. You're truly a certified Wonder Woman.

    You have spring in your heart, for sure. Hope your tummy will soon be calm so that you have a spring also in your step again.

    Oh, to have a clean house - oh, well, that comes later.

    Love to you Dear Heart, P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just have to ask...did Blue Apron send you a brick for the chicken under a brick? Glad you are feeling better and getting such nice, warm weather. Hope you have a great spring break week with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the idea of a scenic drive. I think my daughters would just love to do something like that. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenic drive stuck out at me too!
    Sounds wonderful.
    Glad you are feeling better, Carrie.
    Enjoy your week with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the devotional! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUSY BUSY week for you! Have TONS of fun with the kiddos on spring break, the scenic drive (perfect time of year for it) and all the family visits. Hope your MIL and FIL are both doing well.

    So glad your season is turning milder. Enjoy it! Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having a great spring break! You will need a large box of tissues for this series of Call the Midwife, I cried every week!! It was great though and very moving in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fog on the bay is beautiful. You live in such a peaceful and gorgeous place! Do you play the piano? My daughters and I play the piano, but we only have an upright - not a grand like you have.

    You were describing the place where there are coffee and candy shops, and antique stores. Sounds like Stillwater, Minnesota. If you haven't been there yet, I'd recommend it. There are lots of little shops along the main road and side roads.

    Your bread looks delicious! Sounds like a week of tasty meals - including the ones from Blue Apron.

    ReplyDelete