Thursday, December 17, 2015

Glazed Cranberry & Orange Mini Bread Loaves

I know it's late in the day - but I still wanted to say hello to you Friends! 


My Mom and I were busy little elves here today - baking all kinds of treats for gifts. It's one of the main ways my Mom gives gifts to her friends and neighbors, but I have the bigger kitchen...so my house becomes the kitchen workshop! Lol  A new recipe we made today were these cranberry and orange mini bread loaves. They're delicious, especially once I added a cinnamon orange glaze to the top!


I like that they look festive too -with their flecks of dark red cranberry. We just put them in decorative baggies we had and added them to goodie plates we put together with several other goodies. I'll share more of the other goodies tomorrow.  Here's the recipe for these delicious loaves of bread! The recipe makes TWO regular 8x4 bread pans too. I halved the recipe and just made one mini muffin pan full (or the same amount as 1 regular loaf pan).




I started gathering my ingredients and measuring cups, bowls etc.


Mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and soda)


Then pour in melted butter and mix until it becomes crumbly.


Then stir in your cranberries and orange segments. (looks pretty already - like snow covered fruit) 


Mix your wet ingredients (milk, sour cream, egg, extracts)



Then combine the wet ingredients into the fruit mixture and mix just until blended.


Put into prepared loaf pan (or in my case mini loaf pan) and bake at 350*.


Then take out and let cool.


I just made up the glaze with standard glaze mixture of powdered sugar and milk. I took about a cup of powdered sugar and added a tablespoon of milk, one at a time, until it was consistency of a glaze (I think it took about 3 Tbsp for me). Then I added in about 1/2 to 1 tsp orange extract and a about 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.  Then poured the glaze over each loaf and waited until it fully set on the bread before packaging them up. I think the bread was a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  Just delicious and pretty too! Great holiday flavors of orange and cranberry. Yum! 


Here's the recipe:



CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD

INGREDIENTS:

8 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! I know people will be happy to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I love doing food as gifts. In my opinion "food is love" anyway. :)
      Blessings! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a cozy and fun day with your mom!
    My Grandma used to bake cranberry mini loaves for family and friends every Christmas. The addition of orange sounds intriguing! And I'm always up for a nice, sweet glaze on top! ;)
    Glad I had a moment to pop in and say hello! Have a wonderful, festive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my sweet Laura-girl. It was such a fun day - and so nice to calm down for a bit in all the hustle and bustle. Something soothing about things baking in the oven. ;)
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  3. Delicious!! Everyone is going to love them!! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I hope so!! Merry Christmas to you sweet Lady! xo

      Delete
  4. They look amazing Carrie! I made biscotti the other day with apricots and dried cherries and they look like your bread! I'm hungry now. Glad we're going to one of my fav restaurants tonight :).

    xxx

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that biscotti sounds fabulous!! Yummy!! Hope you're enjoying this wonderful season dear Friend!! xoox

      Delete