Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday!


I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!! We had a lot of wonderful family time. Lots of games, laughs, good food and even some rest time in between. Of course hockey has still been going strong in between too, and my son even has a tourney this week! My daughter has several days of hockey too - so right back to the grind. I will also be doing more caregiving this week, celebrating a 20th anniversary with my hubby, and making goodies for a fun New Year's Eve party! Still busy days and fun ahead, so popping in for this post....but then planning to take the rest of this week off while my kiddos are still on break. 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's really been feeling like our normal winter lately. Much chillier temps and a couple of days ago we got quite a few more inches of snow. So now we're truly back to the northwoods I know this time of year - a cold world of white. Today it's about 20* F out, but with windchill they say it's more like 8*.  Bbrrrr. I'll share some photos of our pretty snow at the end of the post.  It's gray and cloudy today and they say another system is moving in tonight and we may get another 4 inches or so of snow. 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Buttered toast and vanilla coffee with sweet cream.



  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see beautiful snow covered trees and blankets of the white stuff all around. So pretty.



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Trying to keep the schedule of my day straight and just spoke to my hubby about the plans. I need to pick up my MIL in awhile, take my daughter to my hubby for her hockey, then take my MIL out to lunch with family friends of hers (I know them well too) to visit and catch up with them...or at least as much as my MIL is able. I will primarily be handling the conversation for her, which is so sad. Then grab my son and take him up to his hockey. Get back and pick up my daughter from her hockey and then get my MIL home. Whew!! I guess you could just call me a chauffeur service. Lol!


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Not too bad and pretty tidy, as we just celebrated a belated Christmas with my Dad and step Mom yesterday. We hosted 22 people here Christmas day, so we did have a little aftermath to clean up, but all and all in pretty good shape. Of course the usual laundry, and I still have a few dishes to load.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

The above mentioned running around, and then I need to get my son to a haircut appointment tonight.  Buckle up because it's going to be a busy day! Lol



CURRENTLY READING:

Been too busy (or tired) at night to have done any reading very recently.

 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I still have my Call the Midwife Christmas special taped that I haven't watched. We have a few movies taped too. Yesterday we watched the Packers have a HORRENDOUS game against Arizona. My hubby loved that of course. And then the Vikings had a great game - and of course my hubby loved that EVEN MORE. Ggrrr!! He's such a stinker.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover homemade pizza from when we had belated Xmas with my Dad yesterday

TUESDAY: unsure, but it's our 20th wedding anniversary, so maybe a special dinner

WEDNESDAY: thinking I may make meatloaf dinner (so for the in-law's too)

THURSDAY: New Year's Eve party at my bro & sis-in-law's house - making some kind of appetizer, hot chocolate cookies, and maybe caramel cashew bars. They'll be having pizza for everyone there too.

FRIDAY:No plan yet (still really need to make grocery list for this week)



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Memories with my kiddos while they're home on break. ;)


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

New Year's appetizer may be new - and the hot cocoa cookies (they look really good!)



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Was even thinking of making fruit skewers for New Year's - I have found that if you put just about anything on a stick, kiddos will think it's fun and try it!


FROM THE CAMERA:


My Aunt and Uncle hamming it up with Annie and me.






Annie wanted to take this penguin home and put him on her bed with her stuffed animals. Lol


We love going to the beautiful holiday light show, near where we live, every year before Christmas.






I love our sleigh bed, but especially at Christmas time.



Love this sweet little "Believe" nativity on my dresser.




Our house on Christmas Eve night, right after opening gifts. We were getting the tables all set for Christmas guests the next day  and the ham dinner.



Another table getting all set.




One of the desserts I made for Christmas - pineapple upside down cake...MMmmm!



The day after our first real "snow storm" a few days ago. So bright and pretty in a frosty world of white. 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Happy New Year blessings to you All! 

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness, what beautiful memories!!!! Also, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna! May you be greatly blessed in 2016! xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of your family and home, Carrie. Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year, my friend. I hope this is a year full of sweet blessings for all of you! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Karen!! May 2016 bring you many blessings as well. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. You got a lot of snow! We got a little this morning, and now are having an ice storm.
    Happy Anniversary! I enjoyed your Christmas photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get more pretty white stuff for rest of the holidays. Thanks so much Mari! Blessings to you and yours for a wonderful 2016!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a lovely Christmas! Sounds like it is still a very busy week for you!! Happy anniversary!!! Enjoy!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Yep, trucking along over here - lots of hockey of course! Lol
      May 2016 bring you All every good thing!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary Carrie. It looks like a beautiful Christmas, and your home is warm and inviting. And now you have a special snow scene to look at outside, too. I love your sleigh bed, and with the festive garland, it looks magical. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trish! Can't believe how fast the time has flown on this year...let alone 20 in marriage! ;)
      May 2016 bring you and your family many wonderful blessings.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Happy 20th! That is exciting. I wish our weather was a bit more winterish here in PA!

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/12/homemaker-monday-122815.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colletta! Thanks so much and love making a new bloggie friend!
      Blessings to you in the New Year ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary to you and the hubby!!

    I am so not looking forward to the single digit weather. We actually have a thin blanket of white by us, but it came with freezing rain, that was fun…not pretty at all.

    Wow…22 people for Christmas, but sounds like a lot of fun. My siblings and their families were here, so that was nice.

    Love the pics!! I want the penguin too!! Your sleigh bed is gorgeous!!

    Well girlfriend, another Christmas has passed us by again, so glad I was able to share it with you through blogland. Here’s to an awesome 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sweetie!!
      Thanks so much for the sweet wishes. ;)

      Ice time is not fun at all - we've had some of that too. I'll take the snow any day!!

      Loved seeing your kiddo photos. Sounds like we both had a lovely Christmas overall.

      Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed 2016 my dear Friend!! Our treasure our time here together in blogland so much.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Everything looks wonderful, Carrie, except maybe the amount of snow! LOL I love the Believe nativity on your dresser, and a sleigh bed (quite appropriate for this time of year!). You sound like you're back to busy and busier. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful anniversary celebration. Have a great New Year! Thanks so much for joining Cranberry Morning this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary Carrie, wishing you many more years of happiness!
    Wow, that's a large amount of snow, but it looks so pretty, I love your photos!

    Happy new year to you and yours, your bloggy friendship means more than I can say, lovely lady :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison! Feeling very blessed. May 2016 bring you many wonderful blessings & joy! Xoxo

      Delete
  10. Oh no I just realized I didn't even get here last week. Where did that week go. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary and I love your pictures here. I'll pop back by later for today's post.

    HUGS to a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love whenever you pop by sweet Friend! Especially for being one busy hard working Lady. ;)
      Happy new year blessings to you!! Xoxo

      Delete