Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday and Christmas week to All!


Well this is it! The countdown is on to the big day. Do you have everything all set?? I have been one busy elf getting things finished up and ready. We finished our final shopping this weekend and wrapping of gifts. We also had my hubby's Christmas work party which was a lot of fun! And of course we had a bit of hockey this weekend too. I know I'm overdue to come around and visit you my friends, but tomorrow I should finally have some time to catch up. I won't be posting the rest of the week, though. However, I plan to be back for next week's HHM too.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

We  really hit quite a chilly patch of weather recently where there were very low temps in the teens. It's warming up a bit into the 20's more recently. May even hit close to 30 today or in the days ahead. Just a bit cloudy - but looking ahead looks like sunshine and 30's for Christmas ...weird and a bit warm for us. 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Cinnamon raisin toast with butter and some raspberries with vanilla coffee with white chocolate raspberry creamer


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Gray skies. The yard is still covered in white, but the trees aren't covered anymore.  Looks calm and peaceful, not too windy.



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sitting with my MIL and chatting as we watch the news.  My daughter has a friend over already and they're playing. My son had a friend sleepover and they're still snoozing. Teenagers ya know.  Lol


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Need to do some laundry. We wrapped up all the gifts and bagged up the ones for my in-law's house. We go to their house early Christmas morning and open gifts in our pj's. There are many huge bags full of gifts and we'll bring them to the in- law's tonight when we bring them dinner.  It's a lot of presents, however it's a big group as my brother & sister-in-law have 5 kids alone, beside our 2!



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I'll make lunch for all of the crew here today. Then my MIL and my daughter will run and help me get groceries. I need to finish my list and double check it. I'll have about 18 people to host at our house Christmas day, so lots of menu planning. What I'll be cooking and baking ahead and my plans for getting the house all cleaned up...and the hubby and the kiddos will have their chores within in that too. Don't worry - it's not all on me folks!! 



CURRENTLY READING:

I've started reading The Mistletoe Promise based on a recommendation by my friend Carrie Ann from the blog Anniehow.  She just read The Mistletoe Inn and said it was great. But the promise book was the first book in that group from the author Richard Paul Evans, so I'm starting there.  Also still browsing holiday magazines for fun.

 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I always save at least one episode of The Chew - as my MIL likes that show. It seems to keep her interest compared to some others...so it's something fun we can watch together. I have some cooking show's taped and some holiday movies. I see that a Call the Midwife Christmas special will be on Christmas day - need to make sure that gets taped!



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: pampered chef chicken and broccoli braid, salad & dessert to bring in-law's

TUESDAY: going out to dinner with relatives after going to Xmas lights event

WEDNESDAY: something easy (sandwiches, soup or breakfast) - busier night

THURSDAY: something easy after we get back from Christmas Eve mass

FRIDAY: glazed ham, cheesy potatoes, broccoli salad, calico beans, fruit salad, sweet potatoes, corn, dinner rolls, pecan pie & ice cream,  carrot cake,  and  pineapple upside down cake.



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still working on Christmas projects


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new this week, but if I remember I'll get photos of the chicken broccoli braid I make tonight. It's easy, but looks a bit fancier and is really tasty.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

Last year I made this terrarium/faux snow globe kind of thing and you can find it in this post. It's an easy way to make a fun decoration with an apothecary jar.  Fill with whatever fun wintery scene you'd like. Fun easy way to add a decoration that can last all winter long.



FROM THE CAMERA:
A card from Christmas past - but has always been a favorite.


My Mom's pretty tree. I always call it a botanical tree. It has soft pastel lights, and a dark kind of teal blue leaf garland, teal bulbs, and bunches of teal hydrangea attached on the branches and a topper of dark white and teal poinsettia flowers. So soft and pretty.




The cover of the album - I embellished it a bit and now they can add their photo in the cover.








Some peeks at the scrapbook album I made for my Mom to give as a gift to a relative for her baby shower gift recently.  It has about 20 pages. So fun to work on secret projects!





Some photos form a Christmas lunch I hosted last year. Ready to party again soon this year! 









PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you a very blessed and Merry Christmas!!


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the picture of the kids in front of the tree! What a fun scrapbook too I'm sure the friend will love it.

    Have a blessed week and Christmas with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy!! Blessings to you for a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year dear Friend!! Make sure you get lots of rest time and enjoy. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. i will have to look those books up, the sound interesting.
    Have a great week and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Merry Christmas and very blessed New Year to you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The botanical tree is breathtaking! I love and admire that you take such good care of your MIL.
    Have a great week, friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Joanna!! Hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas and New Year!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Dear Carrie, like you, almost ready here, final shopping done, something in the oven....and the family arrive in ten minutes! It will be noise and action for the next four days. Happily, your second card arrived today, with the wonderful frig magnet - gorgeous, and so interesting too. Thank you so much, and it is such fun to 'meet' you. Merry Christmas from Down Under!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let the fun begin Trish!! So nice for us to connect this way too. Blessings to you and your family for wonderful days ahead! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I have so enjoyed sharing this season with you, my friend!!!
    Enjoy the next few days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Billie Jo!! Have lots of fun, family, friends and food over the rest of this beautiful and holy week! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve already? It seems like just yesterday it was in the summer and I was joking about Christmas!! Sounds like you’ll have a wonderful holiday with your family. My mom is having Christmas dinner here, so I’ll be helping her with that. It’s been raining all day here and in the 50’s UGH!! If it was just a little colder, it would have been so beautiful!!

    I want to read the other Richard Paul Evans books, they aren’t a series, so I think they can be read in any order, the Mistletoe Promise is mentioned in The Mistletoe Inn as his little joke for his readers. I’m sure Mistletoe Promise will be just as good.

    I love the picture!! They grow up so fast!! Our boys are close in age, and I remember my son, Elijah, in pictures like this, and it seems like he just woke up one day and was towering over me like man, lol :) But those big bear hugs I get from him now are just wonderful.

    That photo album is really cute, that will be such a nice gift for a new mom. Many blessings to you and your family my dear friend!! Merry Christmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete