Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hot Cocoa Bar

Happy cozy holiday season Friends!  


I'm a Gal that loves my iced beverages in the summer and I LOVE hot beverages in the winter.  It's been such a mild winter here so far, but I'm still loving my hot drinks. I have my coffee in the morning and then I like to have some chai tea, or other hot tea later in the day. Sometimes I'll change it up and have a cocoa or hot cider instead. My kiddos also love hot cocoa or cider as soon as Fall rolls around, and they continue to love them all through our "cold" season. 


So last year I started putting out a hot cocoa bar and it was hit! Not only with the grown-ups, but especially with my kiddos and their friends. However, I'm still conscious of their sugar and they need to ask about having some - I don't leave it as a free-for-all. I just love the convenience factor - that if they ask and I'm okay with it, I don't have to go get all the items out for them. Plus, it looks pretty cute out in my kitchen. ;) 


Just the looks of it makes me feel festive and cozy. For the moment I have out apple cider and swiss miss cocoa cups for my keurig. The keurig is so nice because it's so easy for the kids to operate as well.



Come and help yourself - I'll give you a nice big holiday red mug. Then chose some cider or cocoa and grab a vanilla or peppermint candy stirrer or a caramel spoon (great for the apple cider!). 




The candy stick stirrers are from kits I found at Michael's that included these snowflake or snowman marshmallow candies. Please grab some of those as well!





I gave my snowman cookie jar a festive update with some battery powered wire lights. 



He looks so sweet smiling over all of the fun!




I've got my mug all set - please enjoy yours and happy cozy holiday season to you!! 


I'm joining with Brenda of Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday. 

And with Andrea of Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.


Scraptastic Saturdays every Saturday @ 8 PM EST.


12 comments:

  1. I love it, Carrie! Such a sweet and welcoming little place to enjoy a nice cuppa. The little marshmallows are adorable and your snowman cookie jar is too cute! Hope you are having a cozy week, my friend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Just pretend that you have your toasty mug and we'll sit next to my tree all lit up and gab a while about holiday menus and our wishes for the New Year. Ruby will probably want to sit on your lap. ;)
      xoxo Wishing you a wonderful week too. Hugs back!

      Delete
  2. I had hot cider today at a shop and Sunday I had hot chai tea which is probably my favorite hot drink. I can't say I'm very good at making them though. Looks like you are...I'll be right over ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect Doreen!!
      I'll have the mug waiting and we'll catch up a while. Hope you won't mind lots of Ruby kisses while we chat. ;) I've lately been loving the Tazo brand of chai - which is like a chai concentrate liquid. I keep it in my fridge. Then when I want it I add equal amounts of that with a cream of choice (milk, vanilla soy milk etc) I like vanilla soy milk and micro it for a minute or 2. Really yummy!
      Blessings my Dear. xoox

      Delete
  3. I love it!!!!
    And , as we are so similar, I too have one set up.
    Not nearly as festive and cute as yours though, my friend!!!!
    Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike dear kindred holiday spirit. ;) xo

      Delete
  4. I just LOVE this idea! And you made it so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Tamy!! I'm having fun that's for sure. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. Oh how I wish that I could stop by and share a hot chocolate with you! A lovely welcoming and very sweet (!) idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Amy!! Wouldn't that be lovely?? ::sigh:: Meet you for a mug of cocoa in my dreams, ok? ;) See ya there. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I just love everything about this!! Chocolate…snowmen….and a cocoa bar that is always open!! Great idea!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie! Sending you wishes of a warm mug of chocolately goodness!! xoxo

      Delete