Thursday, January 28, 2016

Black Forest Brownies

I love sharing a recipe on Thursdays. And today I thought I'd share these brownies as it'd be a great recipe to keep for Valentine's Day, which is fast approaching!





I had an already opened package of cherry chips I wanted to use up. I often keep my leftover chocolate chips and such in the fridge, once they're opened, to keep them longer.  On the back of the package I found this recipe for these brownies...as well as a boiled frosting recipe to go with them - perfect!



Action shot!



I blended all the ingredients right in my mixer.




I halved the recipe, as I didn't want to make a big pan - so I just did mine in an 8x8. Dangerous to have a big pan of treats around! Lol  Once everything was mixed well - I added the cherry chips. I left out the walnuts, as my kiddos don't care for nuts in their dessert.




I poured the thick chocolatey batter in the prepared pan.



Then I baked it at 350* until it was pulling from the edges and done in the middle. I then left them alone (I promise) and let them cool.



I then made the boiled frosting on the stove. It could not have been easier, but forgot to get pics of doing it. I then poured the hot frosting on the cooled brownies and spread it all over.  Doesn't that just look rich and delish??




I then had to taste test one, as I was bringing some to my in-law's for their after dinner dessert. One wants to make sure these things are good enough to share, right?  The rough life of a baker. ;) 



Here's the recipe right off of the package - including the frosting right below it.  Let me know if you have trouble reading it. The package wouldn't cooperate. In the frosting it says to add 1&1/2 cups sugar - I think that's the only part too wrinkled to read.


Now if you feel the same way about your family - go make these brownies for them today...or as a nice treat for Valentine's Day!  After all, food is love in my book!! 

I'm sharing this for Home Sweet Home with Sherry of The Charm of Home.






10 comments:

  1. These look right up my boys' alley - especially my hubby! He loves anything chocolate + cherry. Food is love in my book too... I think that's why God gave me my hungry husband and three hungry sons - there's always someone to goggle up my latest concoctions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and the kiddos love anything cherry and chocolate too. ;) There is something so satisfying a hungry and grateful family. Lol xoxo

      Delete
  2. My husband would absolutely love these! I've never seen cherry chips before.I'll have to look around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're right where the chocolate chips are in the baking aisle Mari. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Cherry chips??! Where have they been all my life? I'm going to make this recipe, but I'll add lots of walnuts, since your kids won't be here to eat them. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, enjoy extra walnuts for me Judy... as I love them too! ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. They do sound fabulous and would, as you say, be really great for Valentines! Shame that I am planning on giving up cake and chocolate for lent! Another time perhaps!! Hope you enjoyed them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you BRAVE Gal - that is a TRUE sacrifice you will make. Good for you and blessings my Friend. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Yum!!! I haven't seen the cherry chips. I bet they tasted great! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy Sherry! Thanks for hosting. ;) xoxo

      Delete