Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Paper Weave Summer Scrapbook Layout

Hi Friends!


Well, if any of you folks that don't live in the northern regions of the world wonder how we do it - here's a few tips.  We take extra vitamin D. We look at gardening books and gaze at cookbooks with summer recipes to dream on in the future. We make summer inspired meals and grill indoors for a fun night. We take trips somewhere WARM! We watch the garden shows with products on QVC. And we craft and scrapbook summer ideas and layouts.  


Okay, maybe not everyone handles it this way....but I think a lot of us northerners at least do some of these things. Summer always seems so far away even as we get close to February. Our winters can start to feel endlessly long, so we do what we must to survive! Lol  Don't get me wrong. I love my northwoods and wouldn't live anywhere else (at least not full time). ;) I was looking through some older scrapbooks and layouts when I was working on some organization in my office the other day. I thought this one was a fun one and wanted to share. 


It's from a reunion obviously many years ago now. I love the fun summer colors and the photos of fun reunion activities like croquet.




But I thought what was really fun to share - was this weave pattern I did with the paper strips I had cut out. I cut them out with a 12x12 cutter that I have that will cut straight - or a wave pattern like this. Then I did an overlapping weave pattern at the bottom in the corner (alternating weaving the paper over and under). It adds a little more visual interest than just having the papers be straight.





Then on the 2nd page of the layout I added straight strips of paper on the right side, in the same colors as the left side page. I found this cute lawn chair sticker with bright colors that matched too - and fit perfect with my family reunion theme. Such fun! That's my favorite part of scrapbooking. Finding fun stickers and choosing the color and design I want to use to fit that layout. 

No matter what part of the world you're in - sending you warm thoughts! 

 


10 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about your cold snap on the news....brrrrr! I love your tips on getting through the winter months. We have endlessly gray and dreary days here near Seattle, and the lack of light really can get you down. I like the idea of taking extra vitamin D, too. Your scrap-booking pages are so sweet. Love the little lawn chair. Keep cozy, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about all this snow and cold that does just get to a person - like the gray there. Gotta do what we gotta do, right? ;)

      I keep dreaming on Spring and focusing forward. It WILL come!! Lol Thanks Sweetie. Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  2. That is really cute! I like the paper weave.
    Yes, we do the same and reassure ourselves that Spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Oh I know you certainly "get it" neighbor. ;)
      Blessings and stay warm! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I like that weave border, and the lawn chair is so adorable!! It really looks like cloth and metal. I know the stickers are the fun part of scrapbooking. Maybe one day I'll get all my photos together in an album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! Oh if you only lived closer!! We could have scrapbook days together and I would totally get you on board with it all!! ::sigh:: Fun to dream. xoxo

      Delete
  4. That chair sticker and weave is really cute. I don't scrapbook but always enjoy seeing what others with the talent create. I was just thinking how much I miss spring and being outdoors (without the effort of all the coats, gloves, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I do some digital stuff too- but paper scrapbooking is just the MOST fun!! ;)

      Empathizing with you over Spring dreaming!! ::sigh:: xoxo

      Delete
  5. I like the wavy paper weave, what a great effect! Oh yes, vitamins taken here too. I hope you're keeping cosy and warm, Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Finally warming up here - but vitamins still part of the daily regimen! Lol xoxo

      Delete