Friday, January 8, 2016

Foxy necklace, a recipe, and an update

Hello to All and Happy Friday! 


I've been a bit absent this week and just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm doing o.k.  So here's the update portion of this post. Lol Early in the week I ended up in the ER due to some health concerns. I won't go on with details, but let's just say a new medication is helping and I'm doing much better. Today I have felt better than I have all week, so I'm definitely going in the right direction. I hope to get back to blogland more, although may be posting a bit less for a while.  I know I mentioned to some of you through email, and on your blogs personally, that I had some issues going on.  I just want to send out the biggest heartfelt thank you for your kind words and prayers. They mean so much to me...and I even get choked up when I think about it. I feel so blessed to have all the love and support from family and friends here, let alone the wave of love and friendship I feel from so many of you blogging pals!! It just makes my day when I read your comments, or visit you and see what you've been up to lately. You mean a great deal to me and I thank you so much for everything! Looking forward to good days ahead in 2016!!  


Alright, now on to some other things I'd like to share today. Around the start of the holiday break my daughter and I were enjoying a craft book she had purchased at a school book fair. It has many fun cross stitch ideas...and here is one that we worked on together for a fox necklace. I think it turned out pretty cute! One might even say it's "foxy"! ;) 

It had a nice hoop to make working on the project easier.



Once we finished with the cross stitch part, we put the trimmed down finished piece of material in the hoop-like necklace medallion. As you can see there are other ideas for making a necklace, or other craft, including cross stitch alphabet letters.



We then trimmed the rest of the material down to fit the necklace and adhered it to the back. The book and kit came with this chain also. Annie just loved how it turned out!





Since I kind of missed out on a lot this week - I thought I'd share a quick recipe that sounds really yummy! I didn't do much cooking this week, due to joint pain in my hands, but here was a recipe I wanted to try, and I still plan to make in the future. Sounds like a yummy side dish to me! 

ORANGE PECAN SLAW

1 can mandarin oranges, drained (11 oz)  

1 cabbage head 

1/2 c. chopped pecans

3/4 c. mayo

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1 Tbsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt


Cut orange segments into thirds. Finely shred cabbage. Combine cabbage, oranges and pecans.  Blend together mayo, lemon juice, sugar & salt. Pour over slaw and toss together. Cover and refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes.  

Doesn't this sound tasty? It sounds like a fun coleslaw kind of side dish to go with BBQ or a good sandwich. Or I think it'd be yummy to maybe marinate some chicken with some similar flavors, grill it, and then have this as a side dish.  


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!! xo






16 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear from you. I am sorry that you have been sick, I do hope that your new medication will help you to get/stay well. Take care of yourself and let others care for you for a change. Your daughters necklace is beautiful and very cute! I have been thinking of you this week and will continue that. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet Amy! Your kind words and thoughts and friendship mean so much!! I'm definitely doing much better and well on my way to better days. We're making some changes overall around here, and I'm so positive and excited about it all. Blessings and hugs to you!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Carrie. I hope you can stay on this upward trend. We want you well. It's got to be hard with young kids, let alone your caregiving of others, when you're feeling out of sorts - or worse. Sweet little necklace. I bet that was a fun project. Have a restful and enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet support Judy!! I'm doing much better and have been good about taking it easier and making changes to be healthier in every way. Blessings to you my Dear! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry, Carrie...
    I hope you are feeling better soon.
    You can email me if you want to talk more. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a Sweetheart my Billie Jo!! The care and support I've been feeling from you dear Friends overwhelms me and means SO much!! I'm doing much better and will share more overall in the future. I will definitely email you when I need a sympathetic shoulder. You are Gem!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about you Carrie, and am so glad to see this update. Please take care of yourself first and foremost.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doreen!! I'm doing much better and have made some changes...and even bigger ones are ahead. Feeling much more positive about it all. I know I've overdue for a visit and will come by soon. ;) Blessings to you!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see your post and hear you are doing better. You've been in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mari!! I feel the prayers and caring from all of you folks, and it touches my heart so deeply!! I've cut down more stressful things in my life and increased my devotional time. I'm feeling so much better and will do a post in the future to share things further. God bless and thanks so much!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I read your comment on someone else's blog that you were not feeling well. Not good ending up at the hospital, but I'm glad you got things sorted out and are feeling better. Let's hope that continues. I hope your household is giving you some extra care and love while you improve.
    Love the foxy little necklace! I'm sure your daughter will not want to stop at just one. Great idea :)
    Take care Carrie,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy!! It means SO much to me. I'm feeling so much better, but have truly needed some time to slow down. It frustrates me as I miss visiting everyone more - it's my favorite thing!! I will be getting back on track now and some really great changes have been made and I will share more in the future. Blessings to you my Friend!!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love that cross stich book!
    I left another comment on Monday's blog post.
    Have a great weekend. Go Pack Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot - I'll have to go back and check that one...I didn't see it. ;) I feel so blessed to have such wonderful blogland Friends. I truly feel the support and it goes straight to my heart. Feeling much better and looking forward to brighter days ahead! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to feeling 100% healthy very soon. Please take care of yourself. Love that necklace, very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean!! Missing you and getting around to everyone more! Now that I'm feeling better I will be able to do more of that. Sure hope all is well with you too. ;)

      Your kind words and friendship mean so much!! xoxo

      Delete