Thursday, January 21, 2016

Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork Chops

This was a dish I made a few weeks ago that was a big hit! My in-law's loved them too, as I made them on a night I was bringing them dinner too. It was a recipe out of Fix It and Forget It magazine that had their "best recipes of 2015" in it. This dish was very tasty and the pork chops were nice and tender. I even used boneless and they were so good! This would be good with a homemade sauce or your favorite store bought bottle of sweet and sour sauce. The one thing I also added was I garnished the dish with cashews. When I make stir-fry, or other Asian inspired dishes, I often sprinkle on some cashews as we like the flavor and the crunch they add. As you can see I wrote what I thought of this one right in the book! Lol:




8 comments:

  1. Now that looks AMAZING!
    Thanks, Sweets! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite tasty! My pleasure Hon. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Perfect timing! I just bought pork chops on sale. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That is perfect Mari!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great recipe Carrie, good find!
    I like your twilight blog! Will finally head north to pick up my mail. Closing is on Friday the 29th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot! ;) Yay for finishing up with the closing and making it all official!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah, that looks yummy, alright! I'd have to check the label on the sauce to see if I could eat it, but boy it looks like a great recipe! Have a great weekend up there. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there a lot of good recipes out there for different kinds of homemade s&s sauces you could make yourself too Judy. Then you could control those ingredients. ;) xoxo

      Delete