Hello Folks and happy Thursday to you!
Well my poor baby Girl stayed home again today, but this afternoon she seems to be rallying a bit and I think things look good for her to get back to school tomorrow. I've been busy opening windows and airing out the house a bit (even though it's a little chilly), and scrubbing, lysoling and sanitizing everything. I think we're all finally going to be back on track. (Famous last words as then my Hubby will come down with it - Lol!)
Okay, truly enough of that now. I promise not to bore you with anymore sick talk. But I do want to thank you all for your kind words of support and sharing your own misery - as several of you have been fighting bugs of your own. Hopefully this just means we're getting that crud out of the way early and will have a long healthy winter ahead!! ;) However, today I want to think yummy thoughts! And by yummy I mean a potential birthday dessert for this weekend, and by weekend I mean Saturday....and by birthdays I mean me! I love the taste of chocolate eclair - or Boston cream pie kind of desserts (they're similar enough to me). So I have 2 different recipes I'm thinking of trying. I'm still not sure which one I'm going to make but I'll share them both with you, as I think it's win-win either way.
There's this chocolate eclair cake by Betty Crocker and you can also find it on my pinterest under sweet treats.
- box (16.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ Krispy Kreme Doughnuts™ cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- cup milk
- cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Glaze pouch from cake mix box
- to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan. Make and bake cake as directed on box for fluted tube pan. Cool completely.
- 2 In medium bowl, mix pudding mix and 1 cup milk. Using whisk, mix 2 minutes until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3 Cut cooled cake in half crosswise. Place toothpicks in cake to use as guide, if desired. Spoon pudding mixture evenly onto bottom half of cake. Carefully place top half of cake over filling. Cover loosely, and refrigerate until serving.
- 4 In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in contents of Glaze pouch and milk by teaspoons for thick glaze consistency. Spoon over cake. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.