Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning my sweet Friends! 


I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was so nice here. The weather was unseasonably wonderful and warm all weekend. We did get a bit of a thunder storm last night and lots of leaves are everywhere today. 


But I had a wonderful birthday weekend filled with being spoiled by my family and friends. I went out to lunch Friday with a special BFF (that also has an Oct bday) and we have a tradition of going up the beautiful north shore and eating at a favorite gourmet little spot. It was wonderful! Then Saturday (my actual bday) I woke up to breakfast in bed presented to me by my wonderful family. And a lovely bouquet of roses and I didn't even make my own cake. My hubby had picked up one from the bakery.  Then a drive in the country later in the day to see the beautiful color, and a lovely dinner out.  And yesterday I took a road trip with girlfriends to meet another girlfriend and she treated me to lunch! Not too shabby... and I'll say I'm one blessed Gal and that I have high expectations for 45 being one of the best years yet!  Thank you, my Friends, for all of your kind wishes too. I love this blogland family! Now on to this week!!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Still a bit gray and another chance of some rain today. It's supposed to get a bit chilly later in the week - but warm back up by next weekend. Sounds like it's going to be a lot more "seasonable" for my northwoods this week.










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


1/2 of a blueberry bagel with honey pecan cream cheese and a cup of coffee.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:


I see puddles and leaves scattered all over the driveway from my office window. It's gray and definitely looks like Fall out there right now. Still quite a few trees with their leaves yet, so there's a lot of lovely Autumn color glowing through the gray day.











RIGHT NOW I AM:


I'm listening to some Praise and Worship on Pandora and thinking I may need a cup of cinnamon plum tea while I finish this post. I'll be right back!









AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still some cleaning to be done - although gave most of the house a good once over this weekend. The downstairs media room hasn't been addressed in a bit, so that's on the list to tackle today. The kids hang out down there a lot with their friends and both kiddos have had the horrible cold I had too...so will definitely be adding another layer of lysol and wiping everything down extra thorough!!











ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Today is grocery day! And I need to run a few errands around town too. I'm going to be visiting my MIL several days this week, now that I'm feeling better. Tackle the media room as I mentioned. I'm also back to working out this week now that I'm better! I've been a slacker lately. ;) 









CURRENTLY READING:


I'm reading a Janet Evanovich (Stephanie plum novel) right now. 






ON THE TV TODAY:


I watched some wonderfully cheesy Fall Hallmark movies recently. Love those. ;) I need to catch up on some of the new shows I have taped and I'm feeling out what I think of them...they include This is Us, Westworld, and The Good Place. I have some cooking shows taped. And I'm still loving Dancing with the Stars! 










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: baked parmesean chicken, pasta side dish, steamed veggies



TUESDAY: due to kiddos home from school last week & no groceries - I'll actually be making the chicken gnocchi soup this time along with ham & cheese baked roll-up sandwiches ( my FIL loves them)



WEDNESDAY: use the leftover chicken to make whole wheat BBQ chicken pizza and side salad with romaine, pears, sugar snap peas, cheese, cashews and berry vinaigrette



THURSDAY: eat up any leftovers of above



FRIDAY: breakfast for dinner - baked french toast and fruit

**I'm planning on doing some baking - including making chocolate chip potato chip cookies this week!








WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I took a bunch of pictures of my kiddos and Ruby among our Fall leaves, with my good camera,  over the weekend. I had to play the birthday card to get my teenager to cooperate so well! Lol!! I'm going to start editing them and I have plans for making some new canvas prints for the house, as well as may use some pics for our Christmas cards this year.  





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I'm thinking of trying a new recipe for chocolate chip potato chip cookies - sweet and salty = yummy!! Stay tuned! 




TIP OF THE WEEK:

Instead of using dryer sheets full of chemicals - you can buy wool dryer balls and add a few drops of lavender essential oil to them. The wool balls will last 3 -5 years!





FROM THE CAMERA:


Beautiful Fall colors out my windows and a sleepy Ruby ;) 


Breakfast in bed with a tray decorated with leaves from the yard by my Annie & Hubby for my birthday


Red roses - so cliche I know - but forever my favorite!


My bday cake I didn't have to bake. :P


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for Fall blessings inspiration

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies sound delicious! You'll have to let us know how they turn out :) I Hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/happy-homemaker-monday-101716.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had a wonderful birthday weekend. I LOVE that your family spoiled you and the weather cooperated for a nice day out too.

    I've been watching those same cheesy Hallmark movies - I LOVE THEM. I can't wait for the Christmas ones too.

    Grams used to make a potato chip cookie and I have never found her recipe - hope you share yours.

    Have a GREAT week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely birthday you had, but you totally deserve every bit of the love you were shown.

    Count me in as another one interested in the cookie recipe. Salty and sweet is a winning combo in my book :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post. I enjoyed every single thing. The view from your deck is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiest of birthdays, you young thing!
    I am in awe of your view!!!!
    We love breakfast for dinner.
    Have you tried Pumpkin French Toast yet?!
    Amazing!!!!
    Have a cozy week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy Birthday to you Carrie!! I am sorry that I have been AWOL. My son lost his job in Jacksonville, FL in Sept., so a week and a half before the big hurricane I loaded him up and moved him home to WI. So on my October birthday, my oldest son took me out to dinner. Shocking I know! LOL Double blessings came out of one big disappointment.
    I love your breakfast tray (great idea Annie) and the cake was so pretty!
    The leaves are beautiful here in Door County too!
    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I need that Chicken Gnocchi soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend. I love those Hallmark movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good verse from Galatians!

    Wow. Chocolate chip potato chip cookies?! That sounds very interesting...do let us know how those turn out. I have never heard of such a creation...somehow they do sound a bit unhealthy, but then everyone does know chocolate is good for the heart and potatoes are a "very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of potassium, copper, vitamin C, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber, and pantothenic acid." So, I will dispel all notions otherwise. ;)

    The fall colors you captured are gorgeous, and an autumn thunder storm sounds exciting. We haven't had a thunderstorm in a while now.

    Your breakfast looks totally awesome. Glad you had a happy birthday, and I hope you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not too shabby at all; it sounds like a perfect birthday to me. What a great looking cake you had - Yum. Beautiful pictures of Fall are always so special, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weekly menu sounds so yummy - breakfast for dinner is my FAVE! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better and had such great birthday celebrations! Can't wait to hear about those chocolate chip potato chip cookies, they sound really good. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! That breakfast in bed looks divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated birthday your day sounds wonderful! I missed this HHM but am laughing cause our post would of been alike in the way of describing our birthdays lol

    ReplyDelete