Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello Folks! 


Well the day has arrived! Happy Halloween to all those that celebrate the spooky fun today. My kiddos have school ....and even though my teenager feels too old to dress up anymore, my daughter wore her costume to school today. I'll share it in pics at the end of this post. 


Hope you all had a great weekend! We had a fun one around here. Of course doing Halloween prep: putting out spooky decorations, grabbing final costume necessities, and finally carving our pumpkins. But I especially had fun Saturday night as Hubby and I got to get out for a date night. We don't do that enough and it was fun to just be a couple for the night and not "mom and dad". We did some shopping, went to a movie and grabbed a late night dinner. A winner in my book!  


The week ahead looks relatively calm after today. We always host Halloween fun at our house for several of our friends and family - so lots of action tonight and I'm busy finishing preparations today. But less appointments and crazy things going on this week...so I'm looking forward to catching up on blog time and visiting you wonderful friends a bit more! 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Cloudy and unfortunately they say chances of rain later today.  No bueno for trick-or-treating. But temps should be in 50's - which is really mild for the northwoods.  Plus, looks like mild upper 50's weather all week. And maybe even 60's this weekend! Crazy for the northwoods in November!!









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Coffee and a yogurt (chobani peach yogurt with bits of dark chocolate and pistachios - good stuff)







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see a giant spider on a web covering my office window - eek!! I also see some ghosty things we put in the trees waving and bobbing in the breeze - pretty creepy! Here's a pic:
See the giant spider and some of the ghosts out there?? Yikes! Send help!!











RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to some Praise and Worship to help balance out all of the creepy of today. Plus, drinking lots of water to combat all the sugar!! Lol ;) 










AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still more clean up and prep to be done for party. Some final cleaning. Of course the endless laundry chores. And need to set up my haunted snack station and get myself ready later. I got myself and jaunty little headband hat with a skeleton and some skeletal jewelry to wear with my black sweater....and I'll do up my eyeliner a bit. Gotta look the part to hand out candy, right?  BOO!!











ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Finish house chores and cleaning. Prep snacks. Order pizzas later and get hot cider going on the stove. I have to-go cups for the cider -  for those friends of ours that need to combat the chill when taking their little trick-or-treaters out. I do an adult version with butterscotch schnapps and whipped cream with cinnamon sprinkle. Caramel apple cider anyone? 


Later today when I pick up kiddos from school we'll pop by the facility where my MIL is so Annie can show off her costume. I think my FIL will be there too. She'll make the rounds so all her grandparents can see her. ;)  


 









CURRENTLY READING:


Lots of magazines right now.






ON THE TV TODAY:


A lot of the usuals I mentioned before. Except, I don't watch The Good Place anymore. That new one wasn't doing if for me. But I started watching American Housewife which is pretty funny.  I'm looking forward to Halloween DWTS tonight!!












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: pizzas delivered, cockroach veggie tray, caramel apple nachos with worms, spider infested crackers and cheese, lizard chips, hot apple cider, mummy drink boxes and other various drinks, haunted house brownie



TUESDAY:  leftovers from the pizza and chicken almondine from the weekend



WEDNESDAY:  tomato and alfredo sauce pasta bake, toasted rosemary bread with roasted garlic spread, caesar salad



THURSDAY: sausage and cheese breakfast crescents, fruit



FRIDAY: grilled cheese and grilled cheddar and apple sandwiches with creamy tomato soup


** I promise I'm finally going to bake the chocolate chip potato chip cookies this week and will share the recipe!








WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Scrapbook catch up. Some holiday projects.




NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I will share the cookies this week. I will share the chicken almondine recipe soon too! Good comfort food. ;) 




TIP OF THE WEEK:




Couldn't resist - thought this was hilarious! ;) 





FROM THE CAMERA:






Loving cozy nights with my Ruby. And a shameless selfie from my instagram that I took before heading out for date night.






















Creepy crawlies, ghouls, a haunted house brownie, jack-o-lanterns and mummy drink boxes ready to go.









Before school today. Rocker Chick with green hair, nose ring and face tattoo. Not to mention the "attitude". Please tell me this isn't what teenage life with her is going to be?? Aaaackk!!



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


7 comments:

  1. My last gnoochi I got in an oilive oil store, but I can get it in the dry pasta isle in a vacuum sealed pouch. Even at Wal~Mart!
    You look simply maav a lous daaling! I am praying for the up coming teenage years!!! Lol...
    Hugs,
    Margot
    P.S. great walks here too until today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes, I'm afraid that's what the teen years are like, but maybe you'll get lucky :).

    I hope it didn't rain there today! That would suck the big one :(.

    Gotta go and watch DWTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time you read this, Halloween will be over, but I hope you had fun! Love all the decorations and party plans - so cute! Annie makes a cute 'rocker' and reminds me of my oldest daughter who was a little rocker, herself as a teenager :) (She still got all A's, though :) I love her face decal and her tinted hair! The caramel cider sounds so good right now. So nice to get out and have 'date night' with the boy and you look beautiful, by the way! Ruby is hilarious. Looks like she's ordering you around......'you missed a spot, Mom'! Lol! I hope I never have to survive a zombie apocalypse, but if I do, it will be in Costco, for sure! Hope the kiddos share a few treats with you! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did Halloween right ;) Loved seeing all your pictures on Instagram. We were pretty boring around here and didn't even have many trick or treating kiddos. Hope you get a break today and have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all. My teenagers didn't want to dress up either-I didn't take it to well this is the first year they didn't dress up and the last year my daughter is a "kid" she turns 18 this month : ( you should be proud of your selfie pretty lady. your drink boxes are too cute and your little rocker chick is looking pretty fierce in that last photo. don't think anyone is going to be messing with your baby. Hope you have a wonderful Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know...i can imagine us being neighbors...how fun would that be?!?
    You totally did Halloween right this year!!!!
    Love it all!
    Enjoy a new month, my friend.
    Next up... turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good Halloween, you have great decorations, so inventive! A date night is good too isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete