Friday, January 27, 2017

Five on Friday:Projects & more Projects

Hello dear Friends!! Happy Friday to you ~ 


We have a busy, but fun weekend planned ahead. Girls night out to the movies. Kiddos' sports. Church time, of course. And even more time to spend on my current projects! 


Now that I'd gotten my office/crafting space all organized - I found MANY projects I had in the works. As well as all of my scrapbooking stuff I had been doing in the past. So this week I jumped in with abandon!! ;) I've been having fun tackling projects right and left. So for my 5 today I thought I'd give you just a peek at some of it. 



ONE

Of course I had to begin work on some Valentine's projects - it is the season, right? So here's a peek at a necklace I was making. Soft and romantic & vintage looking. Love that. I'm so happy with how it turned out and I'll share soon!









TWO



I also may have been dabbling in some Valentine's Day card making. Just letting my beautiful soul shine (as the card says), right? 









THREE







A big part of my week has been working on my scrapbooks. First, of course I had to go down memory lane and look at a few older albums and layouts. They spark ideas for new pages and help me remember my timelines and what I've done already. I love looking back at my kiddos - so young and so sweet. ;) Each year I do a page with our Christmas card from that year - it's fun to look back and see them all and how the kiddos change!!








FOUR




I'm still about 4 years behind in most of my books - but it's amazing how I can knock out a whole year in one album if I work at it a bit each week! I have family albums (I'm up to volume 7!), a vacation/trip album, and my kiddos' school years albums. So, yep, quite a few books in the works. 


I'm typically pretty good at finding materials I like for layouts I know I will have coming up & holding on to them for when I'm ready.  But for this one (my daughter's birthday several years ago) I hadn't picked up any bowling stickers or papers. So what is one to do, but use some clip art off of the internet - print it up and embellish it a bit! Works for me so I didn't have to break stride with what I was working on at the moment. Lol











I'm currently working on a July 4th layout and I love how this one is shaping up! I often like to look at the group of photos I plan to scrapbook - and then pick out some papers & embellishments from there. Then I like to lay a "base" down - crop my photos, then fit them on the pages the way I like them. Then I journal dates and memories on the pages and lastly add further embellishments (like in this case I'll add some of these flowers as I used pretty flower ribbon on the pages). I also have a few cute fireworks stickers I'll probably throw in too. 






FIVE


When I finish an album I like the last page to have a pretty poem of some kind and a few fun random photos on it. This was the poem on the back of the last family album I had finished.  Goes right to my heart!


Thank you for joining me! I'll be sharing more about Valentine's projects next week. I'm sharing this with my Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.



  






26 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to end each album with a poem! Your scrapbooks must be your most precious family memories and the most precious non people or pet things in your home because they are so wonderful.

    Hope you enjoy catching up with your scrapbooking and other projects, you have some lovely things on the go - as always! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Amy - my scrapbooks are some of my most treasured possessions. Such memories kept there. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You sound very happily busy Carrie! If there's one thing I miss about not being home, it's the ability to work on projects (but I'll try to muddle through somehow lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, but you're getting all the fun walking beaches and playing pickle ball! Lol

      Delete
  3. Wow sounds like you've been really busy! The albums look fantastic. I am determined to start on some this year.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! You'll never regret scrapping. ;) xo

      Delete
  4. You are an inspiration when it comes to scrsobooking, I keep meaning to start on some but always feel out off by such a daunting project. I guess I should just at least make a start!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you were closer Jill - we could "scrap away" together! ;) xo

      Delete
  5. I don't know how you do it all, girl! You're one amazing woman, for sure. I enjoyed this post. I always have trouble trying to come up with 5 of anything related. Your scrapbooking looks wonderful and you've accomplished so much! I hope you have a good weekend. We had sun today and I'm hoping we're on a long string of sunny days. Wouldn't that be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I'm far from "doing it all" - trust me. ;) But I have fun tackling what I'm able to when I can!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. You are so creative in so many ways. I love the idea of putting your Christmas card in your album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Always been my most favorite HObby. ;) xo

      Delete
  7. Hi Carrie, your projects are all so pretty and creative! Love the peek at the jewelry and your beautiful Valentine's cards. I see you have a romantic heart - love that! Your scrapbook making is wonderful and it is so interesting to see how you lay them out and plan them. I am gathering some things to make a scrapbook for my grandsons and I've never made one before, so seeing how you start a page is helpful. I don't know how you find time to do everything you do.....so sweet to see the kids on the pages. They grow up so fast, don't they? Hope you have a fun weekend, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Karen! Oh what a lovely idea for your grandsons! i think they'll become treasured possessions to them. If you need any other "tips" or have questions please feel free to email me too. Happy to help - just wish you were closer and we could do it in person. I have so many fun gadgets and tools I could share with you. ;) xo

      Delete
  8. I LOVE that pin and the Valentine cards are just beautiful!! Your scrapbooks are coming along nicely too! It's still on my to do list, lol. That poem is wonderful I love it!! I'm the same with quotes, poems etc. love to add them to my everyday things.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I do love beautiful poems - they say things perfectly and go straight to the heart. xo

      Delete
  9. Love the red, white, and blue, Dear One. Alas, I have no kids (both in their 50's and in Califoria) nor grandkids to scrapbook, so I have no excuses for not finishing my books.

    Keep at it. Love seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have enough on your plate already Patsy! Lol But scrapbooks are treasures - for sure. ;)xo

      Delete
  10. WOW you have been busy this week. I LOVE those vintage looking Valentines cards.

    You won't always be behind on your scrapbooks, but for now that means you're out making the memories to scrap later, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! And you're right we're making the memories at least. xo

      Delete
  11. You have inspired me to get going on my scrapbooks again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cousin and sister and I used to scrapbook all the time. I would love to start up again. I was looking through some of my albums the other day, and they are so much fun to look at.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kiddos still love to look through the old scrapbooks with me! True treasures Cindy! I think you should "dig in" again. ;) xo

      Delete