Easy Homemade Twix Bars
48 Club Crackers (about half a 13 ounce box)
1 C crushed graham crackers
3/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C white sugar
1/3 C milk
1/2 C butter
3 C milk chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips & 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips)
1. Spay a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and grab a box of Club Crackers.
2. Lay 24 crackers over the bottom of the pan.
3. Into a gallon sized Ziploc bag place about 10 whole graham crackers. Close the bag securely and crush the crackers into fine crumbs. Pour 1 cup of the crushed graham crackers into a medium-sized sauce pan.
4. Add 3/4 C brown sugar, 1/3 C white sugar, 1/3 C milk and 1/2 C butter.
5. Get it to the stove top and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
Allow it to boil fo 5 minutes while you stir constantly.
6. Carefully pour the hot caramel over the top of the crackers.
7. Gently place 24 more Club Crackers over the top of the caramel.
Press them into the caramel just a bit. Pop the pan into the fridge for at least
30 minutes so the caramel has the chance to set up a bit.
8. Place 3 cups milk chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips and
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips) in a bowl. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds,
then stir. Repeat heating the chips in 30 second intervals until they are smooth and melted.
9. Pour the chocolate over the top of the crackers. Then smooth it out.
Pop it back into the fridge for about 20 minutes to let the chocolate set up.
10. Cut them into bars before they are all the way set up.
You don't want to leave the pan in the fridge for too long,
lest the caramel layer turns too hard.
Serve and enjoy!
And you can find the link to my board called
SWEET TREATS here.