Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning dear sweet Friends!


I hope all is well in your world and you're starting your Monday out right! It's a gray day and makes me sleepy and dragging a bit, but I'm finally jumping into the day. 


Over the weekend we did some running around for kiddos' sports. My Mom ended up having the belly flu so we adopted her dog for some of the weekend. I don't know if Ruby loved the situation, but Angel was a really good girl and it was kind of fun to have some puppy energy around here. My Mom felt better by Sunday (thank goodness) and she said her dog acted like she was in mourning and missing us. Lol!  I think it's fun for Angel here as there's a lot more action going on and we have a more fun yard for her to run around. I told my Mom we'll have her come for a "play date" soon. 


And on a big bummer note - my beloved Packers lost and - alas - will not be headed to the Super Bowl. They had a great winning streak at the end and I'm so proud of how they rallied for having so many injuries this season! And of course there's always next year! ;)  




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Wet and gray weather. In the upper 30's and it's still been thawing and melty around here. They're saying we may get some snow by Wednesday (which would kind of clean it up around here and look better). Then colder and in the 20's by the weekend - or in other words - back to normal! Lol









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Some toast with avocado mash on top and an egg over easy. Coffee with hazelnut creamer.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to music through our new Amazon Echo. My kiddos love it! Annie can't get enough of saying "Alexa, play..." and asking her to play all kinds of music off of amazon prime free music. Annie has had her telling her jokes, telling her info etc. I loved that as I was prepping my morning coffee today I could just say - "Alexa, what's the forecast?" and then "Alexa, what's the news today?" and I felt well informed all before I even took my first sip! And now I have a really good bluetooth speaker for playing music and I can tell her a volume level or say (louder or turn it down) and don't even need to get up. Amazing times we live in folks. (& lazier -Lol!) 








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I can see Ruby running around in the yard as I'm sitting in my dining room. The bay looks kind of gross and all melty and brown on the edges. Some snow would clean things up nicely. 





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty tidy overall. Just the usual...some laundry and need to throw a load in the dishwasher.










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I've got my scrapbooking sprawled out on my dining room table. I finally got my office/craft room all cleaned up and organized so I feel fully "back in business" on catching up on some projects. I'm having fun working on several different things currently. I need to make a list for the store and grab a couple of things when I pick up Annie after school (my son has hockey practice so he won't be driving her home today). I'm going through my planner and looking at appointments for the week etc too. My son has a haircut later tonight and I don't even need to take him! I've really been loving this drivers license stuff!!

 









CURRENTLY READING:


I have several books lined up but haven't dove in to anything yet. I've been too focused on office organization and projects. 






ON THE TV TODAY:


I think Greys Anatomy is back this week -yay! I've been watching that since the beginning (so many years now) and I've always been hooked. I know I have cooking shows on my DVR and some Hallmark movies. I tape a lot on the upstairs tv and my hubby tapes sports (we have hockey channel) down in the media room. Works for me. :) 












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: leftovers from the weekend (I made chili and cornbread for the big game)





TUESDAY: homemade sweet & sour chicken over rice (never made garlic sesame chicken last week). I'll top it with cashews and we'll have veggie eggrolls on the side






WEDNESDAY: BBQ meatballs, broccoli pasta side dish, salad







THURSDAY: waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit (my son often likes to make a "breakfast sandwich" with the eggs & meat in the middle of his waffle with a little cheese and dunk in syrup)








FRIDAY: might be out for dinner


















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I just keep working on all kinds of projects now that I'm more organized and making plans for things! Loving it! 







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure yet - might bake something new.







TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

I do this kind of thing all the time! Or I put it in my iphone calendar and set a reminder with it - it beeps and shows it to me at the designated time. I couldn't function without my calendars and my phone! 















FROM THE CAMERA:
Brown sugar (sweet heat) chili, maple cornbread, & frosted rice krispies treats for the big game yesterday!



Before and after office/craft space. 



Love that everything is more tidy and now I know where everything "lives" again! It had really become the big dumping ground during the holidays. 




I see actual work space open - yay!!







I use a lot of pretty boxes and baskets to hide my scrapbooking extras, die cuts, papers,  ribbons, buttons, brads, lace, extra tools etc. Basically, hiding things in plain sight that I don't mind visually.



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for love my country inspiration

I watched the inauguration. I don't like getting into my political views here. I don't feel it's the platform where I'd want to put it (I'll admit to crying watching the Obamas leave on the helicopter though). However, I will say that I love that we are a country where we can express our views and have a peaceful exchange of power. And it is my prayer and wish that we can unite as a country and I always hope for peace. That will forever be my main "stance" in this world - more peace and love. Amen. xo 


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


21 comments:

  1. My Steelers lost too! :( Talk about a bit let down...

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/01/happy-homemaker-monday-12317.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to check out the Amazon Echo. So many people I know are having a blast with Alexa! What's your current scrapbook project? I'm working on filing this week - organizing the craft room and getting my scrapbooking organized is on the agenda for next week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I'm working on catching up on my family scrapbook Pamela. But I"m also working on a heritage scrapbook for my Mom's family...as well as some projects for my Etsy store I plan on opening in the future. ;) It's so much easier working on things with things tidy and organized! xo

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your Mom was sick, but glad she is better now. Your crafty space looks lovely and very organised, you can enjoy your scrapbooking now! Oh and listening to music too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the first person I know with an ECHO. I want one so bad, but alas it's on the back burner until we are done with the house.

    I was rooting for 2 teams this weekend, Packers and Steelers and alas they both lost. That said if the Falcons play in the Superbowl the way they played yesterday, the Patriots are going down. I also do like the Falcons owner and his philanthropic ways.

    Love your office look. A clean office ALWAYS helps.

    Hope your mom is doing better! Have a super week!

    If you are so inclined would you email me at Tamy@ChasingMyLife.com? I have a few questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! And we've been loving our new Echo. Lots of fun - as well as very convenient! I even use her as my timer when I've been cooking. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. Glad your mom is feeling better. Your selling me on the Echo, and we do NOT need one...we're bad enough with our Amazon Prime around here. Love the Be Happy notebook on your desk, so pretty! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had avocado toast for lunch. :)
    That chili looks amazing...I just may have to readjust my menu plan and make some tonight.
    Sorry your mom was sick, but glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got echo for Christmas from Sarissa, but it arrived after we left so I haven't opened it yet.

    Looks like you've been an organizing junkie lately Carrie! Maybe I'm rubbing off on you? Lol

    Sorry about the Packers. Well, not really. Can't stand football, but if you're sad than yeah, I wish they had won.

    Angel knows a good thing when she sees it ;).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open that baby up and enjoy Doreen! The Echo can be a handy little tool.
      I think you are rubbing off on me with all this organizing!! Lol I hope I stay on a roll.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. That Amazon Echo really intrigues me. I think I would like it. Glad your mom is feeling better.
    I hope our country becomes more united too. I didn't cry when the Obama's left, but as you said, that's the good thing about our country. We can disagree and still be friends. :) I did see a hilarious video that he made with Joe Biden about being couch commander after leaving the white house. Did you see it? He has a good sense of humor!
    PS - I made your bow tie, grape and broccoli salad for a gathering this weekend and everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that video with Obama and Biden too Mari! It was a hoot. ;)

      That pasta salad is still one of my very favorites! MMMmmmm
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Yep.
    Loser here too.
    I don't even think my Steelers showed up for the game!!!
    Your food looked amazing though!
    Glad your mom is better...
    My mom is staying with us for a few days.
    Loving it!
    Have a cozy week, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw the Steelers lost too. Boo!

      Have fun with your sweet Mom! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Ya know I dog sit my SIL's doggie and when she's off from work and Drew doesn't come over she says he acts the same way down like he is so sad. lol Your chili beans looks scrumptious! I was going to comment and say Id love to see your craft room and then I scrolled down and Bam -It looks great- is your doggie in a basket near the window? If so I take it that is a favorite spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a cute hand sewn stuffed owl in the basket in the window Row - i think that's what you saw. ;)
      Blessings Sweetie! xoxo

      Delete
  11. Hope your mom is feeling better! It's always so nice getting things organized, I've been working on paperwork lately and trying to get things ready for taxes, etc. Everything looks wonderful! Food looks yummy too but I have a few more days on the whole 30... Enjoy your week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I come for breakfast? YUM!! Where did you find the zebra box??
    I think your wish for the white stuff will be granted tonight. Lol
    Warm hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come for breakfast anytime Margot! ;) I think I found the zebra box at Michael's. xoxo

      Delete
    2. We have made your breakfast sandwich today on an English muffin. So good! I can't find a Michaels in GB. Seems odd.

      Delete