Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello my Friends! 

I hope your Monday has already been off to a great start. I'm sipping hot tea and watching it snow like crazy out my windows! It started just recently and is supposed to snow all day!! So I'm feeling like snuggling in and baking something - and trying to catch up on house things, as we were gone out-of-town for my daughter's hockey for part of the weekend. It was a fun weekend overall as Friday night I went out for dinner and a movie with my Mom and my SIL and some of her family. We went to La La Land and it was really good. Definitely not a movie my Hubby would be in to - but I thought it was very original and really well done. 


It looks like a busy week ahead over here - so I'm ready to jump in! 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Very snowy today and we're supposed to get several inches. Then it will be pretty cold again mid week and warm up a little by next weekend again (and by warm up I mean back into the 20's). Lol









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Small bowl of cereal and some coffee.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to music and stopping to gaze out at the snow once and a while. I'm thinking how at least it will clean up how brown it was looking outside. Looking through my kiddos' sports calendars and on my smart phone calendars to see what this week holds. Looks pretty busy so I think it's going to fly by! 








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

The snow is "pouring" down, so I think we may be getting several inches. A little further away from us in an area the weather folks call "the snow belt" , they may get about a foot of snow. It's still winter in the northwoods folks!





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty tidy. Some picking up and the usual chores to be done. My scrapbooking is still taking over the dining room table, but I"m going to put everything back in my own work space so we can have some dinners on there this week. ;) 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Today I'm going to catch up on laundry from the weekend and do some tidying up. This weahter makes me feel like baking, so I'm going to bake a blueberry lemon tea cake. I have some blueberries in the freezer and I have a lemon to use up. It's a recipe my blogging friend Karen has shared before on her blog Beatrice Euphemie - Vintage Cottage Style. You can find her blog and this very recipe if you click here.  It looks and sounds so yummy! 


This busy week ahead is going to include: some appointments, errands to run, visiting my MIL, my son's hockey game, Annie's volleyball and hockey practices, grocery shopping, cooking for my FIL, and a church dinner. Plus, just the projects and things I'm still trying to accomplish at home and catching up with you my Friends!  I think I may take some extra vitamins! 

 









CURRENTLY READING:


Focusing on crafts so I haven't been reading anything specific at the moment.






ON THE TV TODAY:


I know I have a hallmark movie taped, cooking shows and still some Timeless & Blindspot to catch up on. We have some family shows taped to catch up on too (Shark Tank, Mysteries of Oak Island etc).












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: easy night with what's around the fridge & cabinets (either breakfast for dinner or easy sandwiches or soup etc)





TUESDAY: hockey game - easy dinner out






WEDNESDAY: baked BBQ chip coated chicken, roasted potatoes, salad







THURSDAY: soup and chili church dinner








FRIDAY: salisbury steak & gravy, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, dinner rolls (for my FIL too) 


** We're having friends over for Super Bowl Sunday and making plans with my Girlfriend and her family yet about what our menu will be. Main course will either be pizza takeout from our fave local place or else I'll throw something in the slow cooker and make a pan of homemade mac and cheese. I'm going to provide a veggie tray, creamy cold crab dip and crackers, and apple pie dip with fruit and honey cinnamon pretzels for dipping to munch throughout the game. My Girlfriend may be bringing taco dip & chips or other munchies too. I'm going to make Boston cream poke cake for dessert & she often brings a dessert too.

(I think I may need to do an extra workout on Sat before the big day!)









WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

More jewelry, cards, scrapbooking things. 







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

The blueberry lemon cake is new to me.  Not sure about other recipes yet this week?







TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

 

I think this drawing is rather genius! I never remember how much goes into what (& now I have "Alexa" to bug for that too). But I think I could remember this drawing.  So I get it now: 4 Q's in a gallon, 2 P's in a quart, and 2 C's in a Pint. 
















FROM THE CAMERA:
Ruby after her recent haircut - my little Valentine.


Gorgeous sunrise as the kiddos left this AM.



A few hours later - this is going on. Getting lots of snow!


Getting ready to go do some of this today!




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for friends as a blessing inspiration

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



24 comments:

  1. I've been watching a lot of Hallmark movies lately. It has been snowing here off and on today. Have a great week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallmark is the best, isn't it Colletta? ;)

      Delete
  2. What an adorable pupper :) I'm so sorry you're dealing with snow still, wish I could send you some warmth :)

    I love Hallmark movies, it's by far my favorite channel on the tv and one of the only reasons I haven't discontinued Dish all together.

    Have a great week and stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Just your warm thoughts helps with the temps. Lol ;)

      Loving Hallmark so much these days too. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  3. Wish I could send you some sunshine. It's 63 in Nixa right now at 3:00 p.m. Not our normal 40's, but we love it. I think only 50's tomorrow, then back to 40's.

    Love catching up on what you're doing. Now back to work on my books. It's a mission now.

    Tell Ruby she's a perfect Puppy Princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine that kind of lovely warmth Patsy! Still just trying to enjoy hibernation over here. Gave Ruby snuggles from you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi to Ruby - what a sweetie! As always, the snow is incredibly beautiful, and a perfect time to make that teacake. Lemon and blueberry sounds a great combo; I'll have to try that one. Have a great week, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! The teacake was just lovely. Staying cozy. Thanks for the warm thoughts. xoxo

      Delete
  5. We tried to see lala land yesterday since it was rainy, but the line was way too long. We saw A Dog's Purpose last week and it was very cute. I think you would like it.

    I actually tried to comment on karens blog last night but my Internet was acting up, but I'm going to try again now. It's a great time for me to catch up because guess what I managed to do this morning while playing pickleball?? Sprain my ankle! Ugh!!

    The snow looks lovely and I do not blame you for staying inside and baking. That cake sounds yummy!

    With all the food on the menu for superbowl, you darn well better get your butt to the gym girlfriend! Don't make me come there and whip you into shape cause I'm a hurtin buckaroo!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen! So sorry about your ankle!! That totally stinks. What will the pickle ball courts do without you? ;) Just be smart and take it easy so you can get back to all the fun soon!

      I think that movie looks so cute. Karen would love your visit and she has sun beautiful things on her blog out in WA by Mt. Ranier. Hitting the treadmill again today ::insert my flexing muscles here:: ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Ruby's adorable! The crab dip sounds yummy. I love to gaze out the window on a snowy scene - ours lasted three days and then poof! it was gone. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela! We have more snow on the way too! Lol
      The crab dip is a big fave here. It's under my recipe tab above if you want it. Scroll towards the bottom of all the recipes. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love that life hack!
    Beautiful sunrise!
    It's snowing like crazy here now - probably your snow from earlier made it across the lake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari! Been loving the sunshine, but sounds like more snow coming. It is only Feb in the northwoods. ::sigh:: xoxo

      Delete
  8. oh your Monday sounds so perfect to me. and little Ruby looks adorable! I hope your Tuesday is just as cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearest Row! Hope you're feeling better! xoxo

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your inspiration!!! I'm so envious of your snowy bake day - sure miss those!

    I love how Ruby poses for your pictures - such a little cutie! Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are having a good week and that the snow isn't too bad, funny you got a load more after that melting hey. Such a cute picture of Ruby, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! No melting anytime soon. ::sigh:: Ms. Ruby says hello! xo

      Delete
  11. Your snowy day sounds so cozy! Perfect weather to bake and snuggle! There's nothing quite as beautiful as a sunrise over snow.
    I've been wanting to see "La La Land." Maybe I'll be able to convince my hubby to watch it with me once it's out on dvd. ;)
    Ruby looks so cute!
    That life hack chart is such a great idea! I've actually had to get better with all those equivalents now that I'm teaching my oldest math haha but that is a great little cheat sheet to picture in my head anytime I get momentarily stumped.
    Have a great week Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! If you can get your Hubby to watch the movie - it is quite romantic. ;)
      I think that life hack will help me too! Lol Ruby says hello! Give your sweet Boys hugs from me. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Oh Ruby looks so adorable with her new haircut and her sweet little scarf. :-) That blueberry lemon cake sounds delicious! I love visiting Karen's blog too. Will have to jot the recipe down for when I'n done with the Whole 30! You have so much snow!! Do they still send the kids in bad weather there? Stay warm and enjoy your day!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! You definitely need to try that teacake recipe when you're done. So yummy and perfect sweet/tart treat with tea. xoxo

      Delete