Thursday, March 2, 2017

Easy Homemade Brownies

Happy Thursday Friends! 


Today I thought I would share a favorite recipe for easy homemade brownies. I know for my Catholic friends this may be cruel if you've given up chocolate for Lent - so I'm sorry in advance! Lol  I think I initially found this recipe online at allrecipes.com - but I'm not sure. I'm embarrassed to say I have a lot of random recipes around that I've cut out from the newspaper, magazines or  I've found online and I didn't leave info to reference where it came from. I've been a recipe collector from WAY back!! 


This is a good go-to brownie recipe if you're not making one from a mix, but still want it to be fast and easy. 


When I make this, sometimes I frost them. Usually I just add our favorite add-in's (some chocolate and butterscotch chips). They are that just right kind of chewy texture. They'd be great with walnuts too! My kiddos just don't like nuts in their dessert like this though.








Just perfect with a cup of coffee or creamy chai tea. Mmmmm Here's the recipe:


EASY BROWNIES (for an 8x8 pan)

If you want to make in a 9x13 pan, just double the recipe.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Melt the butter (I just do it in a bowl in the microwave). Add all the other ingredients and stir until mixed well. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake in a 350* preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.

***Again, I mix in about a 1/4 c. each of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips before baking. Also, if you want a full pan - just double the recipe. 


Enjoy! I'm sharing this with:  


The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home  


 Cooking and Crafting with J & J


Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link Up






6 comments:

  1. I can't keep up with my little Northwoods homemaker. I haven't made the cherry cola cake yet, and now a wonderful brownie to try. I'll catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very good! I have similar recipe and it makes me wonder why I ever buy a mix, as it is so easy to stir together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, it's official...

    I hate you!

    (and that's all I'm gonna say about that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I know you say that with total LOVE Doreen! (& your welcome for the recipe) :) If my hips are going to be big I ain't going alone!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brownies with cocoa. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete